Title:148N-YN_CS_NPS - Fiscal Technician 3
Business Title:Grants and Contracts Technician
Location:WSU SPOKANE CAMPUS
Job Family:Civil Service and Non-Permanent - OT Eligible
Summary of Duties:
The College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and qualified individual to join our Business Services team as a Grants and Contracts Technician. In this customer service-oriented role, you would provide fiscal support to faculty and students for both grants and contracts proposal submissions and the administration of awards.
The responsibilities of the Grants and Contracts Technician include proposal preparation, post-award management, and the maintenance of documents and records pertaining to grants and contracts. Specific duties may also include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the preparation and modification of grant research proposal budgets to match PI’s requests, completion of OGRD budget to match proposal, completion of eREX forms, and preparation of appropriate agency budget forms per agency guidelines
- Reviewing agency’s posted Request for Proposal (RFP), downloading application packets and highlighting any special proposal and budget requirements
- Assisting with gathering needed materials and required documents for collaborative proposal submissions
- Monitoring activity on the OGRD award database and track progress through award set-up
- Monitoring ongoing revenue collection for awards, following up with SPS or funding agencies as needed on shortfalls, overpayments, or related questions, and confirming payments are posted to the correct accounts in a timely manner
- Submitting account closure requests to SPS, confirming compliance with agency and university closure requirements, monitoring for final collection of revenue and prompt account closure.
- High school diploma, OR GED certificate AND fifteen quarter hours/ten semester hours of college-level accounting or bookkeeping AND
- Two years of full-time experience as a Fiscal Technician, or equivalent, including experience using accounting-related software.
- An Associate of Arts Degree, or equivalent, in accounting or business may substitute for one year of required experience. Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
- Demonstrated customer service experience working with a diverse clientele.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and comfort with Microsoft Office software products.
- Demonstrated experience in financial budgeting and analysis.
- WSU Research Administration Certification within 12 months of hire date
- OGRD Budget Certification within 12 months of hire date.
- Bachelor’s degree in business accounting or related field
- One additional year of experience with research administration at WSU or other institute of higher education.
- Demonstrated work experience that requires fiscal accountability, internal controls, and organizational skills
- WSU Research Administration and OGRD Budget Certifications.
Area/College: College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Department Name: Pharmacy Business Services
City, State, Zip: Spokane, WA 99202-2131
Department Link: College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Monthly Salary: Range 36, $2,957.00 - $3,915.00 | Successful candidates typically begin at the beginning of the salary range and receive scheduled salary increment increases in accordance with WAC 357-28.
WSU offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes: paid sick and vacation leave; paid holidays; medical, dental, life and disability insurance package for employees and dependents; retirement; deferred compensation and optional supplemental retirement accounts.
For a more detailed summary of benefits offered by WSU for classified staff visit: https://hrs.wsu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/2022-Benefit-Overview-for-Civil-Service.pdf . Find total compensation here: https://hrs.wsu.edu/managers/recruitment-toolkit/total-compensation/ .
This is a Permanent position.
Initial Screening Date: Ongoing; open until filled
Background Check: This position has been designated by the department to require a background check because it requires access to children or vulnerable adults as defined by RCW 74.34, engages in law enforcement, requires security clearance, interacts with WSU students in a counseling or advising capacity, has access to personal identifying and/or financial information, unsupervised access to university buildings/property, or other business-related need. A background check will not be completed until an initial determination of qualification for employment has been made.
Application Instructions: Applicants must attach the following documents to their online application: 1) resume and 2) cover letter. Application materials should clearly communicate how the applicant meets all required qualifications and additional requirements. Applicants are required to include contact information for professional references within the application.
- Cover Letter
Time Type:Full time
Position Term:12 Month
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veteran, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521 (v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or email@example.com .
Senior Grant Specialist (Remote) Surgery, University of Washington, United States, 9 days ago
Scheduled Hours 40 Position Summary This is a position within the Department of Surgery research administration team. The team is fully remote but may come into the office (Mid Campus Center) for ...
Assistant, Associate Or Professor, Ed. Leadership & Administration, Gonzaga University, United States, 2 days ago
Position Information Job Type Detail At Gonzaga we don’t just state our mission. We live it every day as a Catholic, Jesuit, and humanistic University. It is the reason we exist and the foundation...
Grant Specialist Ii (Hybrid) Pediatrics Central Administration, University of Washington, United States, 9 days ago
Scheduled Hours 40 Position Summary This position as a Grant Specialist II is part of the synergetic research admin group in the Department of Pediatrics. Position will support the pre/post award ...
Grant Specialist Ii Pediatrics Central Administration, University of Washington, United States, 14 days ago
Scheduled Hours 40 Position Summary Pre and post award and payroll sourcing activities with minimal supervision/oversight for the Department of Pediatrics. Job Description Primary Duties & Respons...
Grant Specialist I Neurosurgery, University of Washington, United States, 4 days ago
Scheduled Hours 40 Position Summary Pre-award activities with moderate supervision and may assist with post award activities with supervision/oversight. Job Description Primary Duties & Responsibi...
Student Affairs Administration & Operations Officer, Gonzaga University, United States, 2 days ago
First Section Who We Are At Gonzaga we don’t just state our mission. We live it every day as a Catholic, Jesuit, and humanistic University. It is the reason we exist and the foundation for our pur...