The Office of Graduate Studies (OGS) provides vision and support for graduate education on the Lawrence and Edwards campuses at KU, a research-intensive, flagship university with global reach. The Graduate Studies Associate provides highly specialized administrative support across a range of complex processes. Key responsibilities include facilitating faculty governance, overseeing compliance with accreditation standards and graduate policy, administering of a variety of graduate funding sources, and managing workflow tools to ensure timely completion of office functions, planning public-facing events, and managing implementation of the OGS communications strategy. This position will also ensure efficient office operations by monitoring general office phone and email accounts and coordinating office purchasing. The Graduate Studies Associate reports to the Director of Graduate Affairs, provides executive support to the Vice Provost, and coordinates with the Associate Vice Provosts in the office as needed on a project basis.
Award Processes – 30%
- Collaborate with communications staff in the Provost’s Office and stakeholder units to issue calls for applications and nominations
- Independently manage submission processes, online forms, and informational web pages
- Prepare application and nomination materials for review by the Executive Council of Graduate Faculty
- Communicate award decisions and outcomes
- Develop and maintain contact lists for various constituencies across campus using the Prospect CRM and KU distribution groups
- Collaborate with the Vice Provost for Graduate Studies (VPGS) and Graduate Studies staff to develop communication plans and prioritize key office communications
- Oversee implementation of communication plans in collaboration with communications staff in the Provost’s Office.
- Collaborate with Provost Office communications staff to develop and maintain website, newsletters, strategic email communications, and social media presence.
- Coordinate event logistics for New Graduate Student Orientation, the Three-Minute Thesis (3MT) competition, and the Capitol Graduate Research Summit in Topeka, as directed
- Collaborate with units such as the Office of Diversity and Equity or the Office of Student Affairs to encourage inclusion of graduate students in campus-wide programming
Support for Policy and Faculty Governance – 15%
- Manage workflow queues and database records for hiring procedures, academic outcomes reporting, and Graduate Faculty tracking
- Provide administrative support for monthly meetings of the Executive Council of Graduate Faculty (ECGF), including communication with EC members, the creation of agendas, meeting setup and attendance, taking minutes, posting meeting documents to website and shared files, and providing routine follow-up to departments
Office Operations/Support – 15%
- Provide Executive Assistance to the Vice Provost, including calendar support, meeting scheduling, and travel arrangements
- Coordinate scheduling, preparation, and administrative support for Graduate Studies meetings and the OGS conference room
- Manage the main office email accounts and phone line, delegating such responsibility to student workers as appropriate
- Maintain inventory of office supplies and coordinate purchasing
- Manage office coverage during business hours, delegating such responsibility as appropriate
- Oversee tasks and projects executed by student workers
Other duties as assigned – 10%
Must be able to work occasional nights
Contact Information to Applicants
Amber Roberts Graham
Additional Candidate Instruction
In addition to the online application, the following documents are required to be considered for this position:
Incomplete applications will not be considered. To be considered for this position applications must be received no later than December 8th, 2019 .
Advertised Salary Range
Application Review Begins
Anticipated Start Date
University of Kansas - Lawrence
U-Unclassified Professional Staff
40 hours per week, Monday- Friday, 8am- 5pm.
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the university's programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university policy. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and are the Title IX coordinators for their respective campuses: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity & Access, [email protected], 1246 West Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS 66045, 785-864-6414, 711 TTY 9for the Lawrence, Edwards, Parsons, Yoder, and Topeka campuses); Director, Equal Opportunity Office, Mail Stop 7004, 4330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Fairway, KS 66205, 913-588-8011, 711 TTY (for the Wichita, Salina, and Kansas City, Kansas medical center campuses).
Student Research Assistant, University of Kansas Medical Center, United States, about 8 hours ago
Posting Details Position Information Working Title Student Research Assistant Classification Title Student Position Number 01203733 Hours Per Week 10-30 Department KU Weight Management Campus Loca...