• Applying professional student services concepts, the position provides the full range of student services to the graduate student population served by the department including; advising continuing students on all aspects of their degree programs, registration and enrollment guidance, funding / financial aid, monitoring and recording student progress.
• This position serves as the ‘lead’ advisor to the department on graduate admissions. Screens applicants for political science department faculty using professional judgment when reviewing complex applications for admission.
• Coordinates application administration, summarizes applicant qualifications, and compiles fellowship and scholarship awards for admitted applicants to be reviewed by faculty.
• Works closely with admissions’ committee and admissions’ committee chair to facilitate the admission process.
• Provides detailed information about higher education generally and UC Berkeley specifically.
• Serves as liaison between students, other universities, professional associations, and UC Berkeley department of political science, and L&S Social Sciences Division.
• Administers, in collaboration with Director of Administration and other Graduate Student Services Advisor, student fellowships, grants, scholarships, other awards, and graduate student reimbursements; advises students on financial aid options on campus and extramural fellowship opportunities.
• Partners with second Graduate Advisor for the equitable assignment, recruitment, and hiring of GSIs each term.
• Assists with tracking and maintaining accurate records of professional job placement for graduating students and alumni.
• Manages and executes job placement resources and training.
• Advises faculty on departmental, college and university policies and procedures; reviews students' progress and advises students and faculty on requirements for the graduate degree/program completion; identifies students with progression problems and recommends interventions; devises curriculum planning in collaboration with the chair and faculty, and with other departments.
• Helps to designs newsletters and communications to promote graduate program goals.
• Analyzes existing department academic policies, programs and procedures, and work with staff, faculty members/committees, and graduate student leaders to revise and/or update processes/policy, identifying potential solutions and/or clarifications, and paying attention to the consequences of any proposed changes.
• Independently plans and implements complex, high-visibility departmental events including graduate student visit days.
• Maintains and updates graduate student portions of department website.
• Compiles student data and statistics about the graduate student population and academic progress for use in the department’s strategic planning.
Career Engagement Advisor, California College of the Arts, United States, 13 days ago
CCA seeks a career advisor and programmer with strong administration and co-curricular knowledge to help prepare and support CCA students in their career exploration and creative goals.. This role...
Academic Counselor/College Specialist (Student Services Professi, The California State University, United States, 1 day ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 10016 Job Title: Academic Counselor/College Specialist (Student Services Professi Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: October 19, 2018 Cl...
Campus Visits & Tours Outreach Specialist (Student Services Prof, The California State University, United States, 1 day ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 10007 Job Title: Campus Visits & Tours Outreach Specialist (Student Services Prof Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: October 15, 2018 Cl...
Field Program Supervisor Be3 Graduate School Of Education, University of California, Berkeley, United States, 1 day ago
Skip to main content Recruit Home Open Recruitments Field Program Supervisor - BE3 - Graduate School of Education (JPF01888) Field Program Supervisor - BE3 - Graduate School of Education Apply now ...
Associate University Librarian For Administrative Services And Organizational Effectiveness, University of California, Berkeley, United States, 1 day ago
Skip to main content Recruit Home Open Recruitments Associate University Librarian for Administrative Services and Organizational Effectiveness (JPF01906) Associate University Librarian for Adminis...
Director Of Graduate Admissions, California College of the Arts, United States, 4 days ago
CCA is at a dynamic time of unifying its two-campus into one campus in San Francisco by the Fall of 2021. Thus, with the Vice President of Enrollment Management, Graduate Chairs, and the Academic ...