• Applying professional student services concepts, the position provides the full range of student services to the graduate student population served by the department including; advising continuing students on all aspects of their degree programs, registration and enrollment guidance, funding / financial aid, monitoring and recording student progress.
• This position serves as the ‘lead’ advisor to the department on graduate admissions. Screens applicants for political science department faculty using professional judgment when reviewing complex applications for admission.
• Coordinates application administration, summarizes applicant qualifications, and compiles fellowship and scholarship awards for admitted applicants to be reviewed by faculty.
• Works closely with admissions’ committee and admissions’ committee chair to facilitate the admission process.
• Provides detailed information about higher education generally and UC Berkeley specifically.
• Serves as liaison between students, other universities, professional associations, and UC Berkeley department of political science, and L&S Social Sciences Division.
• Administers, in collaboration with Director of Administration and other Graduate Student Services Advisor, student fellowships, grants, scholarships, other awards, and graduate student reimbursements; advises students on financial aid options on campus and extramural fellowship opportunities.
• Partners with second Graduate Advisor for the equitable assignment, recruitment, and hiring of GSIs each term.
• Assists with tracking and maintaining accurate records of professional job placement for graduating students and alumni.
• Manages and executes job placement resources and training.
• Advises faculty on departmental, college and university policies and procedures; reviews students' progress and advises students and faculty on requirements for the graduate degree/program completion; identifies students with progression problems and recommends interventions; devises curriculum planning in collaboration with the chair and faculty, and with other departments.
• Helps to designs newsletters and communications to promote graduate program goals.
• Analyzes existing department academic policies, programs and procedures, and work with staff, faculty members/committees, and graduate student leaders to revise and/or update processes/policy, identifying potential solutions and/or clarifications, and paying attention to the consequences of any proposed changes.
• Independently plans and implements complex, high-visibility departmental events including graduate student visit days.
• Maintains and updates graduate student portions of department website.
• Compiles student data and statistics about the graduate student population and academic progress for use in the department’s strategic planning.
Undergraduate Graduation Specialist (Student Services Profession, The California State University, United States, about 17 hours ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 9969 Job Title: Undergraduate Graduation Specialist (Student Services Profession Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: January 10, 2019 Clo...
Director Of Graduation Specialists (Administrator I), The California State University, United States, about 17 hours ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 10054 Job Title: Director of Graduation Specialists (Administrator I) Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: January 2, 2019 Closing Date: Open until filled Link to Apply ...
Clinical Placement Coordinator, University of San Francisco, United States, about 9 hours ago
Job Title: Clinical Placement Coordinator Job Summary: The Clinical Placement Coordinator reports directly to the Associate Dean. The major responsibilities of this position include overall coordi...
Assistant Director Of Undergraduate Admission And Recruitment, University of San Francisco, United States, about 9 hours ago
Job Title: Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admission and Recruitment Job Summary: The Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admission and Recruitment provides oversight and management for a majo...
Metro Coordinator Of Student Outreach & Recruitment (Administra, The California State University, United States, about 17 hours ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 10061 Job Title: Metro Coordinator of Student Outreach & Recruitment (Administra Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: January 9, 2019 Clos...
Residential Life Coordinator Blattner Hall, California College of the Arts, United States, about 1 month ago
Under the supervision of the Director of Housing & Residential Life, the Residential Life Coordinator assists in the implementing the mission, vision, and goals of the Housing & Residential Life p...