• Applying professional student services concepts, the position provides the full range of student services to the graduate student population served by the department including; advising continuing students on all aspects of their degree programs, registration and enrollment guidance, funding / financial aid, monitoring and recording student progress.
• This position serves as the ‘lead’ advisor to the department on graduate admissions. Screens applicants for political science department faculty using professional judgment when reviewing complex applications for admission.
• Coordinates application administration, summarizes applicant qualifications, and compiles fellowship and scholarship awards for admitted applicants to be reviewed by faculty.
• Works closely with admissions’ committee and admissions’ committee chair to facilitate the admission process.
• Provides detailed information about higher education generally and UC Berkeley specifically.
• Serves as liaison between students, other universities, professional associations, and UC Berkeley department of political science, and L&S Social Sciences Division.
• Administers, in collaboration with Director of Administration and other Graduate Student Services Advisor, student fellowships, grants, scholarships, other awards, and graduate student reimbursements; advises students on financial aid options on campus and extramural fellowship opportunities.
• Partners with second Graduate Advisor for the equitable assignment, recruitment, and hiring of GSIs each term.
• Assists with tracking and maintaining accurate records of professional job placement for graduating students and alumni.
• Manages and executes job placement resources and training.
• Advises faculty on departmental, college and university policies and procedures; reviews students' progress and advises students and faculty on requirements for the graduate degree/program completion; identifies students with progression problems and recommends interventions; devises curriculum planning in collaboration with the chair and faculty, and with other departments.
• Helps to designs newsletters and communications to promote graduate program goals.
• Analyzes existing department academic policies, programs and procedures, and work with staff, faculty members/committees, and graduate student leaders to revise and/or update processes/policy, identifying potential solutions and/or clarifications, and paying attention to the consequences of any proposed changes.
• Independently plans and implements complex, high-visibility departmental events including graduate student visit days.
• Maintains and updates graduate student portions of department website.
• Compiles student data and statistics about the graduate student population and academic progress for use in the department’s strategic planning.
Associate Director (Administrator Ii) Disability Programs & Re, The California State University, United States, about 18 hours ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 9912 Job Title: Associate Director (Administrator II) - Disability Programs & Re Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: July 5, 2018 Closing Date: Open until filled Link t...
Assessment Manager, University of California, San Francisco, United States, 2 days ago
06-Jul-2018 SOM Dean’s Office, Medical Education, Assessment Curriculum and Evaluations Full Time 49952BR Job Summary JOB OVERVIEW The School of Medicine Assessment Manager oversees the Assessment...
Academic Office Coordinator (Administrative Analyst/Specialist,, The California State University, United States, about 18 hours ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 9903 Job Title: Academic Office Coordinator (Administrative Analyst/Specialist, Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: July 6, 2018 Closing ...
Assistant Dean Of Students & Director Of Academic Success & Assistant/Associate Professor Of Law, S, Alliant International University, United States, 4 days ago
About Alliant International University: Alliant International University, a private not-for-profit institution, prepares students for professional careers of service and leadership in psychology, ...
Co Se Adviser/Lead Counselor (Ssp Iv) Co Se, The California State University, United States, about 18 hours ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 9897 Job Title: CoSE Adviser/Lead Counselor (SSP IV) - CoSE Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: June 27, 2018 Closing Date: Open until fi...
Associate Athletic Director Compliance & Academic Services, University of San Francisco, United States, 3 days ago
Posting Details Position Information Requisition Number 2018-1550Staff Job Title Associate Athletic Director Compliance & Academic Services Job Location Main Campus - Hilltop Salary Type Exempt Mi...