GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This graduate intern will work with the information services team at the UMass Radiation Oncology off-site quality assurance data center in Lincoln, RI. The intern will be assigned projects assisting with software development and managing/maintaining the Center's large diagnostic imaging archive.
Under the direction of the assigned manager, the Graduate Intern is responsible for project-based tasks to support a designated department. These tasks may be administrative or research oriented, depending on the department. Assigned projects will require advanced analytical and communications skills. For research-based departments, the Graduate Intern will be responsible for complex laboratory tasks. Primary communications will be in a team environment within assigned department and will be focused on collecting the appropriate input for the assigned projects. Specific job responsibilities will vary by department but may include information gathering, analysis, writing, editing and/or laboratory work. This is a temporary, non-benefitted role.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES (Administrative):
- Perform complex and varied executive/administrative tasks which require a high degree of independent action and the setting of priorities and procedures
- Conduct advanced research to assist other team members
- Create reports and perform in-depth data analysis
- Implement and manage tasks in accordance with departmental objectives
- Perform assigned project tasks within specified timeframes
- Perform other duties as required
MAJOR RESPONSIBLITIES (Research):
- Perform complex experiments according to written protocols
- Perform advanced statistical analysis of data, genetic analysis and/or clinical studies
- Perform advanced library searches, reading and copying relevant materials
- Perform complex laboratory maintenance tasks
- Operate research equipment (i.e. scintillation counters, microscopes, centrifuges, balances) and record results
- Prepare laboratory media and solutions
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree
- Graduate school candidate
- Related experience preferred
- Advanced analytical and communication skills
- Attention to detail with the ability to collect and record information from a wide variety of sources
- Ability to use standard office tools and software (MS-Office)
- Must be reliable and able to set consistent work hours
Under the direction of the assigned manager
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Usual office environment or laboratory environment
Slate Administrator, Clark University, United States, about 7 hours ago
Graduate Admissions : Slate Administrator Code: 190310 Clark University Slate Administrator Job code 190310 Graduate Admissions Full-time/ 40 hours/ 12 month Clark University’s Graduate Admissions...
Department Administrator And Assistant To The Director, Clark University, United States, about 7 hours ago
Geography: Department Administrator and Assistant to the Director Code: 199799 Clark University Department Administrator and Assistant to the Director Job Code 199799 Geography Full-time/ 40 hours...
International Career Services Manager, Clark University, United States, about 7 hours ago
Graduate School of Management (GSOM): International Career Services Manager Code: 199006 Clark University International Career Services Manager Job Code 199006 Graduate School of Management (GSOM)...
Higgins School Event And Budget Coordinator, Clark University, United States, about 7 hours ago
Higgins School of Humanities: Higgins School Event and Budget Coordinator Code: 199460 Higgins School Event and Budget Coordinator Clark University Higgins School of Humanities Job Code 199460 Par...
Residential Hall Director, Clark University, United States, about 7 hours ago
Residential Life & Housing: Residential Hall Director Code: 199052 Clark University Residential Hall Director Job Code 199052 Residential Life & Housing Full-time, 40 hours Clark University’s Resi...
Academic Advisor, Clark University, United States, about 7 hours ago
School of Professional Studies: Academic Advisor Code: 190289 Clark University Academic Advisor 190289 School of Professional Studies Full-time/ 40 hours/12- month Clark University’s School of Pro...