Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Internal Number: 4817695
Graduate Financial Aid Counselor
About the Opportunity
The Graduate Financial Aid Counselor will primarily focus on graduate students, advise and counsel full and part-time students/families on the availability of financial aid, the delivery process for receiving it, and the reconciliation processes required to ensure that financial aid funds are transferred to student account.
Responsibilities include reviewing student applications, performing verification procedures, reviewing/evaluating appeals, and interceding for students with participating departments (School administrators, Student Accounts, Registrar, and Co-op).
This position will have a hybrid work arrangement.
- Counsel and advise students and parents on financial aid process, NU billing procedures, and financing options.
- Administer federal, state and Northeastern-based financial assistance. Review student applications and perform federal needs analysis to determine eligibility. Verify information according to federal process.
- Perform the per term audit of federal eligibility: adjusting aid and monitor satisfactory academic progress.
- Represent the Financial Aid Office at Open Houses, student meetings, workshops, and part-time evening programs to overview and answer questions regarding the financial aid process.
- Bachelors Degree preferred or relevant experience
- Experience in student personnel administration, preferably in Financial Aid or Student Accounts
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate well by telephone and email, in addition to face-to-face interactions
- Willingness and ability to give presentations to large groups of students and their families
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow, Banner, Microsoft Teams, Outlook, Word, and Excel preferred
- Experience working with non-traditional student populations and adult learners preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse student population
- Strong analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
Northeastern University considers factors such as candidate work experience, education and skills when extending an offer.
Northeastern has a comprehensive benefits package for benefit eligible employees. This includes medical, vision, dental, paid time off, tuition assistance, wellness & life, retirement- as well as commuting & transportation. Visit https://hr.northeastern.edu/benefits/ for more information.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity .
To apply, visit https://northeastern.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Boston-MA-Main-Campus/Graduate-Financial-Aid-Counselor_R119522
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Create a Job Alert for Similar Jobs
About Northeastern University
Founded in 1898, Northeastern University is a private research university located in the heart of Boston. Northeastern is a leader in worldwide experiential learning, urban engagement, and interdisciplinary research that meets global and societal needs. Our broad mix of experience-based education programs?our signature cooperative education program, as well as student research, service learning, and global learning?build the connections that enable students to transform their lives. The University offers a comprehensive range of undergraduate and graduate programs leading to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools.
Connections working at Northeastern University
More Jobs from This Employer
Return to Search Results
Associate Director Of Compliance, Audit, And Training, Northeastern University, United States, about 8 hours ago
About the Opportunity JOB SUMMARY: We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Student Financial Services (SFS) team as an Associate Director of Compliance, Audit, and Training. In th...
Associate Director Advising Operations, Northeastern University, United States, 14 days ago
About the Opportunity The Associate Director of Advising Operations oversees the maintenance and enhancement of advising operations, focusing on knowledge base systems, policies and procedures, Ca...
Open Rank Teaching Professor In Landscape Architecture, Northeastern University, United States, 3 days ago
About the Opportunity About the Opportunity The School of Architecture in the College of Arts, Media, and Design invites applications for a full-time non-tenure track Teaching Professor in Landsca...
Veteran Services Specialist, Northeastern University, United States, 4 days ago
About the Opportunity Job Summary Reporting to the Director of Military Affiliated Enrollment and Financial Services, this hybrid position serves as a VA School Certifying Official and the primary...
School Of Nursing Assistant Dean Of Prelicensure Programs & Open Rank Clinical Faculty, Northeastern University, United States, about 8 hours ago
About the Opportunity About Northeastern Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experien...
Administrative Assistant, Northeastern University, United States, 17 days ago
About the Opportunity JOB SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Dean of Student Financial Services, the Administrative Assistant provides support to the Dean, the Student Financial Services (SFS) ...