Location: Milton, Massachusetts
Higher Education Institution
About Curry College:
Founded in 1879, Curry College is a private, four-year, liberal arts-based institution in Milton Massachusetts. In addition to the main campus classes for adult learners are also offered at our campus at Cordage Park in historic Plymouth. Curry College is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE). Curry College offers 22 undergraduate majors, over 60 minors and concentrations, as well as five graduate programs.
The Curry College mission is to educate and graduate students prepared to engage in successful careers and active citizenship with a global perspective. We are an inclusive community of diverse learners and educators, committed to continuing our legacy of developing effective communicators with reflective and critical thinking skills. We mentor and empower our students, building meaningful relationships that inspire them to achieve their ambitions.
Curry College provides rigorous and relevant academic programs to undergraduate and graduate students, and our rich blend of liberal arts and career-directed programs is enhanced by practical field experiences and co-curricular activities. Learning at Curry extends beyond the classroom and is embedded in all that we do.
Diversity and a culture of equity and inclusion among students, faculty and staff are crucial to the mission statement of Curry College.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sex identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable state and federal law, including Title IX.
Under the direction of the Head Football Coach and Director of Athletics, the Graduate Assistant Coach is responsible for assisting in all aspects of an NCAA Division III football program, including compliance with NCAA, conference, and college rules and regulations, student recruitment, contest scheduling, budget management, coaching, game management, and other duties as assigned by the Head Football Coach or Director of Athletics. The Graduate Assistant is required to abide by the policies and guidelines established by Curry College, all College and National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), Eastern College Athletic Conference (ECAC), and the Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC), rules, regulations, and policies.
1. Coaching/Teaching Duties:
- Assist in all aspects of coaching, planning, directing, and developing sport-specific skills in a successful, safe and prudent manner to student-athletes including but not limited to conditioning, recruiting, scouting, scheduling, travel, equipment, budget management, game management, monitoring academic progress of student-athletes);
- Insure compliance with NCAA and conference regulations; know and adhere to all sport rules and regulations.
2. Administrative Duties:
- Conduct an ongoing recruitment program through a variety of methods, both on and off the court with the goal to attract, select and encourage enrollment of high caliber student-athletes;
- Attend department meetings;
- Assist sports information department with social media updates as necessary.
- Supervise work students and team managers as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Football Coach or Director of Athletics;
- Respect and maintain confidentiality, parameters of operation, professional protocols, and individual privacy.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) in a related discipline from an accredited four-year collegiate institution and admission to a Curry College graduate program (specifically either in Business, Education or Criminal Justice).
- Understanding of the NCAA Division III philosophy and the role of athletics within a private, liberal arts, academic setting.
- Strong organizational skills, with attention to detail and able to handle a multi-task work environment.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and enjoy working with people.
- Computer proficiency.
- Current driver's license and good driving record.
- Ability to work business and extended hours including evenings and weekends.
- CPR/AED and First Aid certifications is a plus.
- Previous participation and/or coaching experience is desired.
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, Curry College will honor your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
At the College's discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the College, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Inquiries about the application of Title IX can be directed to the College's Title IX Coordinator, Elizabeth Canning at firstname.lastname@example.org, (617) 979-3516, or King Academic Administration Building, 55 Atherton St, or US Department of Education, Office of Civil Rights ("OCR") - Boston Office, 5 Post Office Square, 8th Floor, Boston, MA 02109-3921, (617) 289-0111.
Please apply online at https://www.curry.edu/about-us/community-resources/employment/job-opportunities for consideration. Interested applicants must submit the following:
- a cover letter;
- a resume; and;
- a list of three professional references, one of which must be a former or current supervisor, including complete contact information and professional titles.
Create a Job Alert for Similar Jobs
About Curry College
Founded in 1879, Curry College is a private, four-year, liberal arts-based institution located on a wooded 131-acre campus in Milton, MA just seven miles from downtown Boston. Accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), Curry College offers 27 undergraduate majors, over 60 minors and concentrations, as well as four graduate programs and a variety of continuing education certificates and programs. Curry College is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sex identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable state and federal law, including Title IX.
Connections working at Curry College
More Jobs from This Employer
Return to Search Results
Head Coach, Women's Golf, Bentley University, United States, 25 minutes ago
Job Description Summary This is a part-time seasonal position. Under the direction of the Associate Athletic Director, the Head Women’s Golf Coach is responsible for all aspects of the development...
Assistant Coach 2 Volleyball, Boston College, United States, about 6 hours ago
Boston College Introduction Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,484 full-time undergraduates and 5,250 g...
Temporary Assistant Coach, Track & Field, Brandeis University, United States, 16 days ago
Assists the head coach in running a successful track and field program which competes as a NCAA Division IIIprogram and as a member of the University Athletic Association (UAA). This includes prac...
Temporary Asst. Coach (High Jump), Track & Field, Brandeis University, United States, about 17 hours ago
Assists the head coach in running a successful track and field program which competes as a NCAA Division III program and as a member of the University Athletic Association (UAA). This includes pra...
Assistant Coach, Women's Soccer, Brandeis University, United States, about 17 hours ago
Brandeis University is delighted to announce a career opportunity as the Assistant Coach – Women’s Soccer in the Athletics Department. At Brandeis, we offer a competitive benefits and compensation...
Assistant Director, Student Success, School Of Public Health, Student Affairs (23500547311205), Boston University, United States, about 8 hours ago
The Assistant Director of Student Success will direct all student communications and will be responsible for the retention of students by developing supportive programming to facilitate student le...