The Career Center is seeking a part time Graduate Assistant (.50) to join the Career Advisement Team for the 2019-2020 academic year. This position will provide direct support to the Career Center by working with the professional and student staff to plan, develop, and execute student & alumni outreach that promotes career related services, events and programming. This would include, peer to peer advising of students (resume feedback), attending weekly staff meetings, developing outreach activities and extending the Career Center reach to a broader audience of students, alumni and employers. The Graduate Assistant will work with the professional staff to ensure the timely execution of events related to job fairs, industry specific recruiting events, on campus recruitment visits, employer information sessions, mock interview day, Grad Expo’s and much more. Platforms for events may be in person, or online. Exceptional attention to detail is a must. Ability and willingness to travel between campuses for events or outreach activities is required.
- Students must be currently enrolled full time in a graduate program of continuing study such as MBA, English, Communications, History, or Human Development or Mental Health Counseling.
- Prior experience planning and executing events of magnitude and importance preferred.
- GPA of 2.8 or higher.
- Must have direct experience in customer service in a fast paced environment and be able to multi-task.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse population.
- Ability to gather information and present it in an effective and easily understood manner.
- Experience presenting to audiences over 20 people preferred.
- Ability to work in a flexible and creative environment.
- Term of employment is August 12, 2019 through May 8, 2020.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide quality customer service to all campus constituents (faculty, staff, students, employers and partners) via phone, e-mail, and in person.
- Collaborate with professional staff and student staff to expand the outreach of the Career Center.
- Collaborate with key campus offices (Student Life, Student Organizations, Campus Police, Facilities, etc.) to ensure seamless execution of events, programs and outreach activities.
- Conduct presentations and outreach to increase awareness of the Career Center services and provide information that addresses the needs of students (e.g. residence halls, student organizations, student sub-populations, etc.)
- Utilize technology and social media as a means to engage and inform students including enhancing career resources on the website.
- Utilize and promote various online resources including Handshake, Interview Stream, and LinkedIn.
- Develop publications and create marketing/outreach strategies to promote resources and services.
- Assist with the collection of data in a variety of areas such as satisfaction surveys, graduate outcome surveys, and other key performance indicators
- Monitor and report expenditures of funds related to marketing and outreach activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Clinical Counselor Wellness Center, City Colleges of Chicago, United States, about 2 hours ago
Clinical Counselor - Wellness Center - MAL0001383 Duties and Responsibilities CLINICAL COUNSELOR – WELNESS CENTER MALCOLM X COLLEGE Malcolm X College is the healthcare hub of City Colleges’ Colleg...
Clinical Counselor, City Colleges of Chicago, United States, about 2 hours ago
Clinical Counselor - HAR0000950 Duties and Responsibilities Reporting to a Clinical Director -Wellness Center and under general supervision, a Clinical Counselor, Wellness Center provides a range ...
Student Advocacy Specialist 4 (Assistant Director Of Women In Engineering Programming), Pennsylvania State University, United States, about 19 hours ago
Description The Penn State College of Engineering seeks an innovative leader for the position of Assistant Director of Women in Engineering Program (WEP). The Assistant Director reports directly t...
Director, Education And Outreach, The University of Chicago, United States, 11 days ago
Please make sure to read the job posting in its entirety as it reflects both the University roles and responsibilities, followed by the specific description. Department 40610 Office of the Provost...
Coordinator Academic Support Services Part Time, City Colleges of Chicago, United States, 7 days ago
Coordinator - Academic Support Services - Part-Time - WIL0000982 Duties and Responsibilities COORDINATOR - ACADEMIC SUPPORT SERVICES - PART - TIME WILBUR WRIGHT COLLEGE Wilbur Wright College, one ...
Manager, Music Performance Program, The University of Chicago, United States, 7 days ago
Please make sure to read the job posting in its entirety as it reflects both the University roles and responsibilities, followed by the specific description. Department 21207 Music About the Unit ...