The Career Center is seeking a part time Graduate Assistant (.50) to join the Career Advisement Team for the 2019-2020 academic year. This position will provide direct support to the Career Center by working with the professional and student staff to plan, develop, and execute student & alumni outreach that promotes career related services, events and programming. This would include, peer to peer advising of students (resume feedback), attending weekly staff meetings, developing outreach activities and extending the Career Center reach to a broader audience of students, alumni and employers. The Graduate Assistant will work with the professional staff to ensure the timely execution of events related to job fairs, industry specific recruiting events, on campus recruitment visits, employer information sessions, mock interview day, Grad Expo’s and much more. Platforms for events may be in person, or online. Exceptional attention to detail is a must. Ability and willingness to travel between campuses for events or outreach activities is required.
- Students must be currently enrolled full time in a graduate program of continuing study such as MBA, English, Communications, History, or Human Development or Mental Health Counseling.
- Prior experience planning and executing events of magnitude and importance preferred.
- GPA of 2.8 or higher.
- Must have direct experience in customer service in a fast paced environment and be able to multi-task.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse population.
- Ability to gather information and present it in an effective and easily understood manner.
- Experience presenting to audiences over 20 people preferred.
- Ability to work in a flexible and creative environment.
- Term of employment is August 12, 2019 through May 8, 2020.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide quality customer service to all campus constituents (faculty, staff, students, employers and partners) via phone, e-mail, and in person.
- Collaborate with professional staff and student staff to expand the outreach of the Career Center.
- Collaborate with key campus offices (Student Life, Student Organizations, Campus Police, Facilities, etc.) to ensure seamless execution of events, programs and outreach activities.
- Conduct presentations and outreach to increase awareness of the Career Center services and provide information that addresses the needs of students (e.g. residence halls, student organizations, student sub-populations, etc.)
- Utilize technology and social media as a means to engage and inform students including enhancing career resources on the website.
- Utilize and promote various online resources including Handshake, Interview Stream, and LinkedIn.
- Develop publications and create marketing/outreach strategies to promote resources and services.
- Assist with the collection of data in a variety of areas such as satisfaction surveys, graduate outcome surveys, and other key performance indicators
- Monitor and report expenditures of funds related to marketing and outreach activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Enrollment Services Representative Records Department, City Colleges of Chicago, United States, 10 days ago
Enrollment Services Representative - Records Department - WIL0000948 Duties and Responsibilities ENROLLMENT SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE – RECORDS WILBUR WRIGHT COLLEGE The Records Department of Wilbur...
Director Of Student Activities, City Colleges of Chicago, United States, 7 days ago
Director of Student Activities - HAR0000912 Duties and Responsibilities PRIMARY OBJECTIVE: This position is responsible for the overall development of student organizations and the implementation ...
Aquatics Manager, Pennsylvania State University, United States, 40 minutes ago
Description The Department of Campus Recreation at Penn State is seeking a part-time Student Aquatics Manager to join our team for Fall 2019 (Spring 2020 possible) to assist in the daily managemen...
Psychologist, Pennsylvania State University, United States, about 1 hour ago
Description The Pennsylvania State University, Center for Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS), University Park, PA has a Psychologist position available immediately. This Psychologist pos...
Enrollment Services Specialist 4 (Senior Coordinator, University Scholarships And Special Programs), Pennsylvania State University, United States, about 2 hours ago
Description The Penn State Office of Student Aid is seeking a Senior Coordinator to assist the Director of the University Scholarships and Special Programs Team in the financial aid management and...
Industry Relations Coordinator 3 (Project Manager), Pennsylvania State University, United States, 1 day ago
Description The Department of Chemical Engineering at The Pennsylvania State University seeks an experienced professional to develop and manage a program involving workforce development, student p...