Geology Research Assistant - Institutional Student Worker (Fall 2017)
The Institute for Environmental and Spatial Analysis (IESA) is looking for 2 motivated students to participate in an upcoming grant opportunity that will be creating innovative course materials for students with orthopedic and vision impairments taking courses in geosciences. These student workers will be sharing invaluable insights into their unique perspectives on how they interpret information and environment.
IESA is searching for:
- One (1) student with vision impairments that might limit their ability to read maps or identify rock and minerals, including fossils - limited to total visual impairment preferred. Must be experienced in braille and be comfortable assisting others with creating labels,
- One (1) student worker with orthopedic impairments that would normally prevent them from participating in field activities. (An example of this kind of activity might include a geology field trip in a remote location with weathered, uneven trails.)
- Interest or previous experience in geosciences (includes rock formations, minerals, maps, technology)
- Comfortable using computers, web browsers, and software like Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Skype OR willingness to learn these skills
- Willingness to assist and teach others within a team environment
- Excellent communication skills (reading and writing/typing)
- Flexible schedule and transportation to/from UNG-Gainesville campus
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker
- No prior experience is required.
- Basic knowledge of geology is preferred.
Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Please indicate whether you are interested in the visual or mobility positions on your cover letter and//or resume and submit contact information for three professional references.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion.
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
Adjunct Faculty In E Commerce Technology, DePaul University, United States, about 22 hours ago
Skip to Main Content Home Search Jobs Create Account Log In Help Benefits Adjunct Faculty in E-Commerce Technology Full-time Faculty Positions Full-time faculty positions will be posted on a per-o...