Genetics Counselor I -
: Dept of Pediatrics
: Oklahoma-Oklahoma City-Health Sciences Center
Work Schedule: M-F, 8-5
Salary Range: Up to $66,350 annually based on experience
Benefits Provided: Yes
Required Attachments: Resume
--- POSITION INFORMATION: Provides genetics counseling, assessment, clinic service, research, follow-up, lecturing, mentoring, and documentation.
Education: Master’s Degree in Genetic Counseling from an American Board of Genetic Counselors (ABGC) program or plan to graduate within 6 months.
Certifications/ Licenses: Oklahoma Licensed Genetic Counselors or Temporary Genetic Counselor License or eligible within 90 days of employment.
- Basic knowledge of practices and procedures in a particular field.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and the right to privacy and confidentiality.
- Knowledge of new and innovative approaches to genetic counseling.
- Ability to gather, evaluate, and interpret data.
- Ability to give full attention to what is being said in order to understand the problem and be able to make a decision which will benefit the patient.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to come up with alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Must be self-motivated, work independently, and as a member of a team.
- Must have critical thinking and innovative skills.
Hiring contingent upon a Background Check?- Yes
Special Indications: None
: Nov 1, 2019
: Jan 31, 2020