Campus: West Valley
General Maintenance Mechanic
Facilities Management, West campus, seeks a General Maintenance Mechanic whose maintenance background is in institutional, commercial/industrial general maintenance to perform general maintenance of university buildings.
Building & Equipment Maint
FDM FM West Crafts
EVP BUSINESS & FINANCE
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$21.49 per hour. ASU offers a comprehensive benefits package with the State of Arizona
01-December-2023 is the initial close date. Applications will continue to be accepted and reviewed every week until filled.
Electrical maintenance duties:
- Maintenance and repair of lighting, ballast, lighting switches, and receptacles, sockets, tombstones, and diffusers including 277 Volt lighting.
- Perform electrical troubleshooting utilizing multi-meters/volt detectors and circuit tracers.
- Replace damaged or worn outlets including ground fault circuit interrupters.
Plumbing maintenance duties:
- Plumbing repair and maintenance of restrooms, kitchens, laundry rooms, drinking fountains, etc.
- Maintain and re-build water closet flushometers, urinal flushometers, and multiple types and brands of faucets and under sink supplies.
- Clear all types of drain clogs and stoppages.
- Maintain public restroom toilet and urinal partitions and replacement of related hardware of partitions.
- Fountain treatment and maintenance.
Carpentry maintenance duties:
- Maintenance and adjustment of auto door closers.
- Interior and exterior door preventative maintenance and replacement of door hardware such as flush bolts, push/pull handles, kick plates, door strikes, hinges, closers, weather stripping, smoke seals, door sweeps.
- Repair and replacement of several diverse types of flooring.
- Maintenance and replacement of damaged suspended ceiling systems and ceiling tiles.
- Small drywall repairs, including paint touch-up of drywall repairs.
- First response to elevator trouble calls and performing basic troubleshooting of elevator door problems.
- Utilize various specific hand tools, power tools, and equipment.
- Maintain daily logs/records with the use of computers/tablets.
- Interact effectively with customers and students of diverse backgrounds.
- Work within a team environment and contribute to team goals.
- Clearly communicate to perform essential functions of the job.
: Monday - Friday; 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Two years of general maintenance and repair experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. Employee may be required to possess a valid US Driver’s license of the appropriate class and required endorsements throughout employment. Some positions in this classification may be required to obtain an Environmental Protection Agency Type 1 refrigeration license upon employment.
- plumbing installation, repair, and/or maintenance
- electrical troubleshooting, repair and/or maintenance
- carpentry repair and/or maintenance
- work order systems (TMA)
- customer service
Demonstrated knowledge of:
- lock/door hardware/exit devices
- basic computer use
Evidence of effective communication skills
- Utilize specific hand tools and equipment related to essential duties.
- Lift, bend, and carry up to 100 pounds.
- Work off ladders, scaffolding, single man lifts up to 40 feet.
- May be exposed to hazardous and dangerous materials, tools, and equipment which will require safety precautions and/or specific process to be followed, and may include the use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) (e.g. safety glasses, hearing protection, negative pressure and positive pressure respirator).
- Use of PPE may require medical clearance prior to use.
- Ability to push and/or pull approximately 200-300 pound weight loaded on wheeled maintenance carts to transport tools and equipment throughout campus to job site.
ASU Facilities Development and Management (FDM) maintains and services all university-owned property, and develops and constructs innovative and sustainable facilities. FDM’s vision is to contribute to and guarantee the success of the university’s mission by creating and caring for the ASU campus and environment. We provide quality customer service, effectively steward our resources, and meet the needs of the university through creative and collaborative efforts.
ASU offers a comprehensive benefits package at very competitive rates to enhance the total compensation of its faculty and staff. This package includes low-cost health and life benefits to insure you and your family, a wellness program for preventative health education and screenings, a disability and leaves program for income protection, employee assistance for free and confidential behavioral health services, access to world-class educational opportunities at deeply discounted rates, disability resources for Americans with Disabilities (ADA), a retirement program with a variety of retiree benefits to ensure your financial security at the end of your career, paid vacation and holidays – and more. For more information, please visit the Office of Human Resources, Benefits website, at https://cfo.asu.edu/benefits
ASU’s comprehensive benefits package is a significant part of your overall total compensation – and ASU pays for most of it when you are a benefits-eligible employee. https://cfo.asu.edu/compensation-estimator
For more reasons to join ASU, please visit: https://cfo.asu.edu/why-work-asu
Facilities Development and Management at ASU employment requires current eligibility to legally work in the United States. Facilities Development and Management will not be a sponsor for this position.
This position is located at the West campus, 4701 W. Thunderbird Road, Glendale, AZ.
Must possess a valid Arizona driver's license (minimum of Class D) upon employment and maintain throughout employment. Post-offer of employment, selected candidate must possess an acceptable driving record which is 5 or fewer points in the most recent 39 month period from date of hire.
Must pass pre-employment physical examination post offer of employment.
This position requires working a rotating on-call/stand-by schedule and may be called in for emergency response including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
Work reference history information for 3 current and/or former supervisors will be requested at time of interview.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
Carpenter, University of Mississippi, United States, 1 day ago
Note for Current UM Employees Current employees must apply internally via connectU > connectu.olemiss.edu Definition of Class This position performs experienced level carpentry and masonry work in...
Salesforce System Administrator (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, about 14 hours ago
A Salesforce System Administrator is responsible for the configuration, maintenance, and overall management of the Salesforce platform within an organization. They ensure that Salesforce is effect...
Fire Mechanic, Harvard University, United States, 8 days ago
14-Feb-2024 Campus Services 64998BR Job Summary Energy & Facilities (E&F) operates and manages Harvard’s energy supplies, district energy plants, and utility infrastructures on the Cambridge/Bosto...
Fire Mechanic, Harvard University, United States, 20 days ago
03-Feb-2024 Campus Services 64894BR Job Summary Energy & Facilities (E&F) operates and manages Harvard’s energy supplies, district energy plants, and utility infrastructures on the Cambridge/Bosto...
Sprinkler Fitter, Harvard University, United States, 20 days ago
03-Feb-2024 Campus Services 64893BR Job Summary Energy & Facilities (E&F) operates and manages Harvard’s energy supplies, district energy plants, and utility infrastructures on the Cambridge/Allst...
Data Warehouse Engineer (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, 15 days ago
The Data Warehouse Engineer is responsible for the full life cycle of back-end development of the data warehouse including designing, developing, testing, and maintaining data architecture and dat...