VEVRRA Federal Contractor – Priority referral protected veterans requested.
|Position Title||Full-Time Instructor - Mathematics Bryan Campus (AY 22/23)|
|Salary Range||Per faculty salary schedule|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Anticipated Start Date||08/15/2022|
|Extended Open Deadline|
|Work Hours||As defined by the institution, could include evenings or weekends|
Position Summary Information
Blinn College expects all faculty members to demonstrate a commitment to student engagement, student success, and instructional excellence. The essential duties of all faculty are as follows:
Instruction and Classroom Management
• Maintain access to students through office hours and electronic communication.
• Prepare, maintain and utilize an accurate course syllabus and assessments for each course using guidelines established by the institution.
• Utilize a variety of instructional delivery methods, classroom media and educational resources.
• Maintain student participation and attendance in class.
• Conduct classes and final exams punctually and in accordance with the prescribed meeting schedule.
• Advise or refer students to available academic support, advising, and counseling services.
• Maintain a positive and professional relationship with students.
• Hold sole responsibility to assess students’ performances through a range of formative and summative assessments and provide constructive feedback in a timely manner.
• Assist in the development, distribution and collection of assessments for courses and program objectives.
Professional Development and Service
• Exhibit a commitment to lifelong learning through participation in professional development opportunities and effective teaching methodologies.
• Actively engage in collegial activities in a professional manner across the department, college, and communities such as departmental meetings, committees, and Blinn College partner collaborations.
• Submit timely college reports and forms to the appropriate divisions.
• Comply with all college policies and procedures.
• Exhibit effective communication skills, both written and oral.
• Attend college orientations, required institutional meetings, and trainings.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
|Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities||
Master’s degree in Mathematics with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in appropriate mathematics content coursework from an accredited college or university.
Teaching Experience (either at the college or secondary level) required.
|Preferred Experience and Training||
College teaching experience, including teaching college-level STEM mathematics courses such as Calculus.
Online teaching experience.
|Required Degree, License or Certifications||
Master’s degree in Mathematics with a minimum of 18 graduate-level hours in appropriate mathematics coursework from an accredited college or university.
|Special Notes To Applicants||
Applications lacking a cover letter, resume, and transcripts will be considered incomplete and may not be reviewed. Requested documents should be attached as PDF files to this application. Official transcripts will be required. Unofficial transcripts may be attached to this application for review; but, if employed, official undergraduate and graduate transcripts must be sent by the degree-granting institution directly to Blinn College, c/o Dean of Mathematics and Business, PO Box 6030, Bryan, TX 77805). Additionally, transcripts may be sent electronically to email@example.com. All foreign transcripts must be accompanied by a credential evaluation from a certified agency. A short teaching demonstration will be required if applicant is selected for interview. Names and means of contact (email address or telephone number) of three references must be included in resume or CV.
This is a 9 month, benefits eligible position. Blinn College pays 100% of health insurance for full-time employees, 50% for dependents, and two times your annual salary in life insurance benefits. Optional coverages can begin on your first active duty date. If you would like to review insurance benefits in advance, you can access the New Employee Benefits Guide online, http://www.ers.state.tx.us/New-Employee/Insurance/. Leave time includes 16 hours personal each year and 8 hours sick leave for each month of contract. Paid leave is provided for college designated holidays, spring break, thanksgiving and Christmas break (approx. 25 days per year).
The College assigns appropriately credentialed faculty members in support of educational quality and the mission of the College, in keeping with Board policy DBA LOCAL-X (Employment Requirements and Restrictions – Credentials and Records: Credentials). College policy is consistent with sound educational practice and SACSCOC guidelines. Primary consideration is given to the highest degree earned in the discipline. Furthermore, Blinn College’s Faculty Credentialing Guidelines table specifies recommended credentials for each rubric within the college’s course inventory. http://www.blinn.edu/academic_affairs/Faculty_Credentialing_Guidelines.pdf
Veterinary Technician Ii Food Animal Medicine And Surgery, Texas A&M University, United States, 1 day ago
Job Title Veterinary Technician II - Food Animal Medicine and Surgery Agency Texas A&M University Department Vet Med-Teaching Hospital Proposed Minimum Salary $20.04 hourly Job Location College St...
Assistant Or Associate Professor In Nutrition , TAMU Department of Nutrition, United States, 11 days ago
The Department of Nutrition at Texas A&M University (TAMU) in College Station, Texas continues to embark on an ambitious expansion to become a nationally recognized leader in nutrition sciences. W...
Admissions Counselor Ii Austin, Texas A&M University System, United States, 7 days ago
Job Title Admissions Counselor II Austin Agency Tarleton State University Department Undergraduate Recruitment Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Stephenville, Texas Job Type Staff ...
Technologist I Teamed Autonomy, Texas A&M University, United States, about 24 hours ago
Job Title Technologist I - Teamed Autonomy Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Bush Combat Development Complex Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type...
Assistant Professor, Texas A&M University System, United States, 1 day ago
Job Title Assistant Professor Agency Tarleton State University Department Mathematics Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Stephenville, Texas Job Type Faculty Job Description Primari...
Advanced Security Officer, TAMHSC, United States, 10 days ago
Job Title Advanced Security Officer Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Security Bryan Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type St...