VEVRRA Federal Contractor – Priority referral protected veterans requested.
|Position Title||Full Time Instructor - Biology (Anatomy & Physiology)|
|Salary Range||Per full time faculty salary schedule|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Anticipated Start Date||01/09/2023|
|Extended Open Deadline|
|Work Hours||Teaches biology lecture/lab courses as assigned|
Position Summary Information
To perform the day-to-day operations of the instructional programs in Biology.
• Teaches a minimum of three 96 contact hour biology courses each semester (both lecture and laboratory sessions)
• Teaching duties to be divided as needed among Biology courses offered
• Prepares necessary laboratory supplies and materials in advance of teaching sessions and returns unused materials to their appropriate locations
• Ensures that laboratory safety and cleanliness is maintained
• Provides instruction for courses at a variety of times and locations
• Demonstrates a commitment to student engagement, student success, and instructional excellence
• Maintains access to students through posted office hours and electronic communication
• Prepares and utilizes a course syllabus and assessments for each course using guidelines established by the institution
• Maintains current knowledge of effective teaching methodologies and utilizes a variety of instructional delivery methods, classroom media, and educational resources
• Advises students in academic matters
• Evaluates students’ performance through a variety of means to measure progress and keep them informed in a timely manner
• Assists in the development, distribution, and collection of assessments for courses and program objectives
• Provides recommendations to the Academic Dean, Assistant Dean, Department Heads, and Curriculum Resource Team regarding curriculum
• Demonstrates a positive and professional relationship with students, colleagues, college administration, and the community
• Submits timely college reports and forms to the appropriate divisions/departments
• Exhibits a commitment to lifelong learning through participation in professional development activities
• Possesses a passion for teaching community college students
• Demonstrates effective communication skills, both written and orally
• Attends college orientation and required institutional meetings
• Utilizes the college LMS to post course syllabi and grades as well as other course resources for students in a timely manner
• Attends departmental and division meetings.
• Serves on department, division and/or college committees.
• Serves as a mentor to part-time faculty.
• Participates in program and curriculum review, course development, and revision processes.
• Completes all course grading in a timely manner and according to college and program policy.
• Serves as lead course instructor as needed.
• Responsible for other related duties as assigned.
|Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities||
• Masters degree or above in a biological science
• Ability to teach multiple types of undergraduate biology courses
|Preferred Experience and Training||
• Ph.D. in a biological field
• Ability to teach Anatomy & Physiology courses
• College teaching experience using a computerized learning platform
• Online teaching experience and course development
• Experience using publisher software
• Graduate credit and experience teaching anatomy and physiology or microbiology
• Experience working with computer-based technology in the classroom and laboratories.
• Knowledge of assessment planning for SACS and THECB core requirements
The ability to set up and operate biological laboratory equipment and technology
Must be able to lift at least 30 pounds.
|Required Degree, License or Certifications||
Master’s degree or higher in Biology, Biological Sciences, Anatomy/Physiology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Biomedical Science, Integrative Biology, Life Sciences, Microbiology, Cellular/Molecular Biology, Neuroanatomy, Neuroscience, Genetics, or Zoology or a related field; or Master’s degree or higher with 18 graduate hours in any of the above disciplines; or
MD, DDS/DMD, or DVM with college level anatomy and physiology and microbiology courses.
|Special Notes To Applicants||
There is one position available at the RELLIS campus. Although this position will have a home campus, driving to multiple campuses may be required.
Applications lacking a cover letter, resume, transcripts, or foreign credential evaluation (if applicable) will be considered incomplete and may not be considered.
Unofficial graduate transcripts and foreign transcripts with credential review may be attached to this application. However, official graduate transcripts and if applicable, original certified credential evaluation of foreign transcripts must be sent from the graduate institution directly to Blinn College (Dean, Natural and Physical Sciences, PO Box 6030, Bryan, TX 77805) to complete the hiring process if an employment offer is made.
A short teaching demonstration will be required of applicants invited to interview.
The College assigns appropriately credentialed faculty members in support of educational quality and the mission of the College, in keeping with Board policy DBA (LOCAL)-X (Employment Requirements and Restrictions – Credentials and Records: Credentials). College policy is consistent with sound educational practice and SACSCOC guidelines. Primary consideration is given to the highest degree earned in the discipline. Furthermore, Blinn College’s Faculty Credentialing Guidelines table specifies recommended credentials for each rubric within the college’s course inventory. http://www.blinn.edu/academic_affairs/Faculty_Credentialing_Guidelines.pdf
Sea Turtle Ecology And Conservation Online Course – Mexico, Center for Wildlife Studies, United States, 8 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyCenter for Wildlife StudiesLocationOnlineJob CategoryTrainingSalaryn/aStart Date06/05/2023Last Date to Apply...
Doctoral Position In Natural Product Biosynthesis (Pharmaceutical Biology) , University of Basel, Switzerland, 14 days ago
Your profile We are looking for candidates with a masters degree in a field related to pharmaceutical biology, (bio)chemistry, enzymology, structural biology, or microbiology. Experience in natur...
Teaching Assistant (25368) Biology, Ghent University, Belgium, 1 day ago
→ Apply until 06/12/2022 (DD/MM/YYYY) 23:59 (Brussels time) → Faculty of Sciences → Department WE11 - Biology → AAP temporary appointment - 20% → Number of openings: 1 → Reference numb...
Teaching Assistant (25370) Biology, Ghent University, Belgium, 1 day ago
→ Apply until 06/12/2022 (DD/MM/YYYY) 23:59 (Brussels time) → Faculty of Sciences → Department WE11 - Biology → AAP temporary appointment - 10% → Number of openings: 1 → Reference numb...
Professor/Associate Professor Of Veterinary Medicine Or Zoology, Nord University, Norway, 22 days ago
Nord University Through research, education and social engagement, Nord University contributes to the creation of a sustainable future. In cooperation with society, business and industry in Northe...
Faculty Positions At Sus Tech School Of Medicine & School Of Public…, Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech), China, 21 days ago
1. Introduction The Global Scientist Interdisciplinary Forum at Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech) School of Medicine and School of Public Health and Emergency Management is a...