VEVRRA Federal Contractor – Priority referral protected veterans requested.
|Position Title||Full Time Faculty - Veterinary Technology|
|Salary Range||per faculty salary schedule|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Anticipated Start Date||01/09/2023|
|Campus||Bryan, Distance Education|
|Extended Open Deadline|
Position Summary Information
The Veterinary Technology Program is seeking to hire a Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT) or equivalent to teach and mentor veterinary technology students. This instructor will provide didactic, laboratory, and clinical instruction in all areas of veterinary technology education according to accreditation standards and guidelines. Program classes are held on the campus of Texas A&M University (CVM campus) and online.
1) Utilize established course syllabi and course materials to deliver lectures or coordinate laboratories based on course objectives and stated student learning outcomes;
2) Attend all assigned class/laboratory/clinical sessions, present course content, and give/receive instructions in classroom, laboratory, and/or clinical setting;
3) Design examinations, quizzes, assignments, teaching laboratories, and projects; construct grading rubrics, grade student tests and projects promptly, and evaluate essential clinical skills as directed by the AVMA;
4) Participate in curriculum development, review, and revision; contribute to admissions decisions; organize and inventory program consumables; and make recommendations for equipment, materials, textbooks, and supplies;
5) Perform effectively and safely the duties of an LVT while supervising/instructing/assisting students in laboratories or clinical settings;
6) Document animal use for appropriate reporting;
7) Participate in professional development related to teaching, instruction, and student learning;
8) Attend program, divisional, and institutional meetings;
9) Work collaboratively with others as part of a team to foster a positive work environment under the direction of the Director of Veterinary Technology;
10) Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
|Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities||
1) Must be a current licensed veterinary technician (LVT) or licensed veterinarian (DVM) within the State of Texas, or able to become licensed within three months, with a minimum of an Associate of Applied Science degree in Veterinary Technology from an AVMA accredited institution;
2) Have at least 3 years experience in a clinical veterinary setting;
3) Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other faculty, staff, students, and others as required;
4) Demonstrate excellent mathematical abilities as well as excellent written and oral communication skills;
5) Adequately use (or be willing to learn) digital technology for instruction in a variety of settings;
6) Must be a current full time Blinn College faculty member.
|Preferred Experience and Training||
1) Teaching experience in veterinary medicine, veterinary technology, or related field;
2) Experience teaching online.
Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged periods; perform light-moderate lifting; listen and speak effectively; twist, bend, and reach to perform tasks; hand, arm, and body strength needed for both large and small animal restraint; no known allergies to animals.
|Required Degree, License or Certifications||
Texas Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT), or able to obtain Texas license within three months.
|Special Notes To Applicants||
1) Must pass a criminal background check before an offer of employment is extended;
2) Must be prepared to furnish official transcripts from all applicable institutions of higher education when hired; failure to do so will result in the termination of the employment contract;
3) Must be current on tetanus, hepatitis B, and rabies immunizations as evidenced by a protective rabies titer drawn within the last two years; may be satisfied post-hire.
This is a 9 month, benefits eligible position.
The College assigns appropriately credentialed faculty members in support of educational quality and the mission of the College, in keeping with Board policy DBA LOCAL-X (Employment Requirements and Restrictions – Credentials and Records: Credentials). College policy is consistent with sound educational practice and SACSCOC guidelines. Primary consideration is given to the highest degree earned in the discipline. Furthermore, Blinn College’s Faculty Credentialing Guidelines table specifies recommended credentials for each rubric within the college’s course inventory.
Assistant Professional Track Veterinary Technology Program, Texas A&M University System, United States, about 4 hours ago
Job Title Assistant Professional Track - Veterinary Technology Program Agency Texas A&M University - Commerce Department College of Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources Proposed Minimum Salar...
Veterinary Technician I, Texas A&M University, United States, 4 days ago
Job Title Veterinary Technician I Agency Texas A&M University Department Vet Med Park-Tamu Proposed Minimum Salary $19.11 hourly Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Description ...
Veterinary Technician Ii Food Animal Medicine And Surgery, Texas A&M University, United States, 4 days ago
Job Title Veterinary Technician II - Food Animal Medicine and Surgery Agency Texas A&M University Department Vet Med-Teaching Hospital Proposed Minimum Salary $20.04 hourly Job Location College St...
Veterinary Technician Ii, Texas A&M University, United States, 4 days ago
Job Title Veterinary Technician II Agency Texas A&M University Department Dean Of Veterinary Medicine Proposed Minimum Salary $20.04 hourly Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job D...
Veterinary Technician Assistant Sa Er, Texas A&M University, United States, 4 days ago
Job Title Veterinary Technician Assistant - SA ER Agency Texas A&M University Department Vet Med-Teaching Hospital Proposed Minimum Salary $16.35 hourly Job Location College Station, Texas Job Typ...
Animal Caretaker Ii, Texas A&M University, United States, 4 days ago
Job Title Animal Caretaker II Agency Texas A&M University Department Dean Of Veterinary Medicine Proposed Minimum Salary $10.32 hourly Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Descri...