VEVRRA Federal Contractor – Priority referral protected veterans requested.
|Position Title||Full-Time Faculty-Accounting (ACCT)|
|Salary Range||Per full-time faculty salary schedule|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Anticipated Start Date||08/15/2023|
|Extended Open Deadline|
|Work Hours||As defined by the institution, could include evenings and weekends|
Position Summary Information
To perform the day-to-day operations of the Accounting instructional program at the assigned campus.
Instruction and Classroom Management
• Maintain access to students through office hours and electronic communication.
• Prepare, maintain and utilize an accurate course syllabus and assessments for each course using guidelines established by the institution.
• Utilize a variety of instructional delivery methods, classroom media and educational resources.
• Maintain student participation and attendance in class.
• Conduct classes and final exams punctually and in accordance with the prescribed meeting schedule.
• Obtain and keep updated required trainings and standards for teaching distance education.
• Develop and maintain approved courses for teaching various modalities including face-to-face, blended, and online.
• Advise or refer students to available academic support, advising, and counseling services.
• Maintain a positive and professional relationship with students.
• Hold sole responsibility to assess students’ performances through a range of formative and summative assessments and provide constructive feedback in a timely manner.
• Assist in the development, distribution and collection of assessments for courses and program objectives.
Professional Development and Service
• Exhibit a commitment to lifelong learning through participation in professional development opportunities and effective teaching methodologies.
• Actively engage in collegial activities in a professional manner across the department, college, and communities such as departmental meetings, committees, and Blinn College partner collaborations.
• Submit timely college reports and forms to the appropriate divisions.
• Comply with all college policies and procedures.
• Exhibit effective communication skills, both written and oral.
• Attend college orientations, required institutional meetings, and trainings.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
|Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities||
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other instructors, staff, administration and students.
Ability to instruct students while achieving the course learning objectives.
|Preferred Experience and Training||
College teaching experience preferred
Online teaching experience preferred
Training or coursework in accounting pedagogy
|Required Degree, License or Certifications||
Master’s degree or higher in Accounting or Master’s degree or higher with at least 18 graduate hours in accounting from an accredited college or university
|Special Notes To Applicants||
Applications lacking a cover letter, resume and transcripts will be considered incomplete and may not be reviewed. Requested documents should be attached as PDF files to this application. Official transcripts will be required. Unofficial transcripts may be attached to this application for review, but, if employed, official undergraduate and graduate transcripts must be sent by the degree-granting institution directly to Blinn College (c/o Dean of Business and Mathematics), PO Box 6030, Bryan, TX 77805). Additionally, transcripts may be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org All foreign transcripts must be accompanied by a credential evaluation from a certified agency. A short teaching demonstration will be scheduled if an applicant is scheduled for review. Names and means of contact (email address and/or telephone number) of three references must be included in resume or CV.
This is a 9 month, benefits eligible position. Blinn College pays 100% of health insurance for full time employees, 50% for dependents, and two times your annual salary in life insurance benefits. Optional coverage’s can begin on your first active duty date. If you would like to review insurance benefits in advance, you can access the New Employee Benefits Guide online, http://www.ers.state.tx.us/New-Employee/Insurance/. Leave time includes 16 hours personal each year and 8 hours sick each month of contact. Paid leave for college designated holiday’s, spring break, thanksgiving, and Christmas break (approx. 25 days per year).
The College assigns appropriately credentialed faculty members in support of educational quality and the mission of the College, in keeping with Board policy DBA LOCAL-X (Employment Requirements and Restrictions – Credentials and Records: Credentials). College policy is consistent with sound educational practice and SACSCOC guidelines. Primary consideration is given to the highest degree earned in the discipline. Furthermore, Blinn College’s Faculty Credentialing Guidelines table specifies recommended credentials for each rubric within the college’s course inventory. http://www.blinn.edu/academic_affairs/Faculty_Credentialing_Guidelines.pdf
Business Coordinator Iii, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 10 hours ago
Job Title Business Coordinator III Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department TEES Fiscal Office Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Job Type Staff Job Description Why work...
Adjunct Faculty Social Work, Texas A&M University System, United States, 1 day ago
Job Title Adjunct Faculty - Social Work Agency Texas A&M University - Commerce Department Social Work Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Commerce, Texas Job Type Faculty Job Descrip...
Financial Accountant Iii, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 10 hours ago
Job Title Financial Accountant III Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Tees Fiscal Office Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Descriptio...
Cmp Technical Services Specialist Iii, Texas A&M University, United States, 1 day ago
Job Title CMP Technical Services Specialist III Agency Texas A&M University Department Comparative Medicine Program Proposed Minimum Salary $7.25 hourly Job Location College Station, Texas Job Typ...
Adjunct Faculty Cid Baas Bgs, Texas A&M University System, United States, 37 minutes ago
Job Title Adjunct Faculty - CID BAAS BGS Agency Texas A&M University - Commerce Department College of Innovation and Design Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Commerce, Texas Job Ty...
Business Coordinator Ii, Texas A&M University, United States, about 2 hours ago
Job Title Business Coordinator II Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Clinic Str Finance Centralized Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Job Typ...