Location: Portland, Oregon
Internal Number: 20671
Ranked the No. 1 Hospital in Oregon by the U.S. News & World Report, we pride ourselves in not only serving our community with the highest of accolades, but pushing a multifaceted mission that strives of excellence within the OHSU Culture. Find out more here: https://www.ohsu.edu/about/ohsu-vision-mission-and-values and https://youtu.be/6C-lws1q5cY
OHSU is hiring! We offer a variety of benefits on top of joining a thriving organization:
- Eligible up to $3,000 Hiring Bonus
- Medical, dental and vision coverage at low or no cost to employees
- Covered 100% for full-time employees and 88% for dependents
- 70% of all Food Purchases throughout OHSU campus
- Differentials for Weekends ($1.50), Evening (7%) and Night Shifts (12.5%)
- Several retirement plans to choose from! - Oregon Public Service Retirement Plan and University Pension Plan, voluntary savings plans (403b and 457b)
- Up to 200 hours (equal to 25 full days) a year of paid time off
- 96 hours of sick leave a year (prorated for part-time employees)
- Commuter subsidies
- Tuition reimbursement
- Access to group life insurance, disability insurance and other supplemental benefits
- Annual Raises
- Employee discounts to local and major businesses
- Growth/Development Opportunities
We want you, apply and work with us today! https://www.ohsu.edu/
This position is currently scheduled to work the hot food line at the 3rd floor cafeteria. This position is responsible for serving food from the hot food line to customers as well as being able to answer questions about menu items and allergens. It is also responsible for performing cleaning tasks and stocking throughout the shift. Customer service, time management, and being a team player is very important for this position.
Function/Duties of Position
- Food Service Activities: May serve food items on the serving line; portions food items for trays according to each diet; some employees may be assigned the role of checking trays to be sure staff members accurately follow diet; pours juice, coffee, and other drinks; wraps utensils and places on trays; microwaves specified food items; records tray count; maintains adequate supplies of dishes, cups, flatware, and napkins for the serving line and setting up and refilling condiments, dispensers, and food pans; communicates with cook on line replenishment.
- Food Preparation: Prepares simple foods according to standardized menus, recipes, or verbal instructions given by supervisor; makes salads, dressings, gelatin, toast, or sandwiches; grills sandwiches, pancakes, eggs, french toast, and hashbrowns and toast; cleans, cuts, and chops vegetables and fruits; slices meats, cheeses, and breads; cuts desserts; adjusts recipe quantities to eliminate excessive waste of food products; prepares formula and tube feeding; fills drink machines, mixes beverages, makes coffee, and prepares sack lunches or snacks; uses various types of commercial kitchen equipment such as mixers, slicers, and choppers; prepares simple desserts such as pudding, cobbler, and loaf cakes; slices and wraps bread and other baked items; checks for proper temperature of prepared foods with thermometer; observes food to be sure it is visually appealing and of high quality.
- Sanitation Activities: Cleans sinks, counters, fountains, and serving area; sweeps and mops floors; wipes spills; collects and removes trash; replaces trash-can liners; washes trays and carts; sorts and stacks dishes, glasses, and utensils; wash dishes, pots, and pans; fill and empty dishwasher; stack clean dishware; and clean coffee pots, blenders, pop machine dispensers, ice 9101A Page 2 of 2 Effective 4/2003; revised 8/2009; revised 5/2021 cream maker, hot chocolate machines, and other commercial equipment; clean delivery vehicles and carts.
- Miscellaneous: May instruct and provide assistance to students and/or other food service workers in food preparing, distributing, and cleaning; responds to questions, compliments, or complaints concerning the food or service from customers; assists staff members with special meal functions by setting and decorating tables; transport food supplies and meals using a variety of carts and vehicles
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluently in English
- Multnomah County Food Handler's Card within one (1) week of hire
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation
- Food service experience in health care
- 1 year of experience in a commercial food service facility
- Work environment: Continuous moving around work area; lifting items up to 25 pounds, pushing carts, continuous walking and standing, frequent bending forward, stooping, reaching overhead, clear and audible speaking voice and correctable vision to size 12 type, ability to hear normal speech level.
All are welcome
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistant Professor/Assistant Scientist, Vollum Institute, Oregon Health & Science University, United States, 24 days ago
The Vollum Institute is undergoing an exciting phase of reinvestment by OHSU, and announcing multiple faculty openings. We are interested in individuals whose research focuses on any aspect of mol...
Assistant Professor, College Of Arts And Sciences Latinx History, Vancouver Campus, Washington State University, United States, about 20 hours ago
Available Title(s): 270-NN_FACULTY - Assistant Professor Business Title: Assistant Professor, College of Arts and Sciences-Latinx History, Vancouver Campus Employee Type: Faculty Time Type: Full t...
Info Technology Consultant 2, University of Oregon, United States, about 10 hours ago
Apply now Job no:532551 Work type:Classified Staff Location:Portland, OR Categories:Information Technology, Computer and Information Science Department: Information Services Classification: Info T...
Portland Facility Operations Assistant, Oregon State University, United States, about 18 hours ago
Position Details Position Information Job Title Portland Facility Operations Assistant Appointment Type Student Employee Job Location Portland Position Appointment Percent 100% Appointment Basis 1...
Assistant Professor In Product Design, University of Oregon, United States, about 10 hours ago
Apply now Job no:531979 Work type:Faculty - Tenure Track Location:Portland, OR Categories:Architecture/Art/Design, Instruction Department: DSGN School of Art & Design Rank: Assistant Professor Ann...
Career Advancement Coordinator, University of Oregon, United States, about 10 hours ago
Apply now Job no:532607 Work type:Officer of Administration Location:Portland, OR Categories:Academic Advising/Support, Student Life/Services Department: UO Portland Office of the Vice President A...