Location: Portland, Oregon
Internal Number: 23995
Ranked the No. 1 Hospital in Oregon by the U.S. News & World Report, we pride ourselves in not only serving our community with the highest of accolades, but pushing a multifaceted mission that strives of excellence within the OHSU Culture. Find out more here: https://www.ohsu.edu/about/ohsu-vision-mission-and-values and https://youtu.be/6C-lws1q5cY
OHSU is hiring! We offer a variety of benefits on top of joining a thriving organization:
- Eligible up to $3,000 Hiring Bonus
- Medical, dental and vision coverage at low or no cost to employees
- Covered 100% for full-time employees and 88% for dependents
- 70% of all Food Purchases throughout OHSU campus
- Differentials for Weekends ($1.50), Evening (7%) and Night Shifts (12.5%)
- Several retirement plans to choose from! - Oregon Public Service Retirement Plan and University Pension Plan, voluntary savings plans (403b and 457b)
- Up to 200 hours (equal to 25 full days) a year of paid time off
- 96 hours of sick leave a year (prorated for part-time employees)
- Commuter subsidies
- Tuition reimbursement
- Access to group life insurance, disability insurance and other supplemental benefits
- Annual Raises
- Employee discounts to local and major businesses
- Growth/Development Opportunities
We want you, apply and work with us today! https://www.ohsu.edu/
This position is essential to the assembly and delivery of patient meals. This position also picks up and washes dishes and other service ware. May be assigned to any food service worker position at any location at OHSU.
Function/Duties of Position
- Tray Assembly: Sets up station with standard items. Places items on tray according to tray diagram. Works assembly position putting on entrees, starches, vegetables and gravy/sauce OR beverages and condiments OR menus, utensils, hot bases, and dry condiments. Monitors temperatures for entrees, cold items and soups. Uses proper portion control. Assures trays are complete. Runs for items as directed by checker or manager. Cleans work station.
- Dish room work: Runs dishes through dish machine, cleans dish machine, sorts trays, separates permanent service ware, trash, recycling, food and food soiled paper for compost, cleans scraping table and work area OR catches and sorts clean dishes from dish machine, cleans dish room, sweeps catching area of dish room.
- Delivery/Transport: Load trays into meal carts as needed; assures trays are complete before loading; obtains missing items; keeps carts lined up; adds par stock and nourishments to carts for delivery. Deliver meal carts, late trays or requested items (including nourishments) to nursing units in a timely and efficient manner; communicates with Room Service Associates and unit staff using the Vocera system to ensure timely delivery of trays. Picks up soiled carts and returns them to dish room.
- Pick-up: Brings back all dirty trays in carts for assigned floors; collects dirty trays from the floor kitchens as needed; picks up dirty trays and service ware when encountered
- Sanitation: Follows department policies and procedures for food safety and sanitation; uses proper utensils; uses gloves appropriately; uses chemicals appropriately and only after being trained; complies with infection control policies and hand washing procedures. Keeps work area clean and neat. Pays strict attention to refrigeration needs of food products. Sanitizes work surfaces and utensils before use.
- Sustainability: Supports sustainability efforts of the Food & Nutrition Department by participating fully in the recycling programs, and separating food and food-soiled paper waste for composting.
- Waste Prevention: Prevents waste using oldest first (FIFO), and preparing only what is needed and using proper portion control.
- Service Excellence: Fulfills responsibility to organization through performance that promotes the service excellence philosophy.
- Customer Service: Interacts with patients and guests in a positive service oriented manner.
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluently in English
- Multnomah County Food Handler's Card within one (1) week of hire
- Compliance with Code of Conduct, Respect in the workplace and Applicable policies, procedures and agreements related to position, department or OHSU as a whole
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Six (6) months customer service experience in a fast-paced hospital food service environment
- Exposure to refuse from patient trays; exposure to wet areas and noise in the main kitchen, exposure to airborne infectious disease from patients.
- Continuous moving about work area; lifting; lifting/pushing overhead; lifting and carrying items up to 25 pounds; constant standing, frequent bending forward, stooping, reaching overhead, and pushing/pulling carts; clear and audible speaking voice and correctable vision to size 12 type; ability to hear normal speech level.
All are welcome
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com.
Assistant Professor, College Of Arts And Sciences Latinx History, Vancouver Campus, Washington State University, United States, about 7 hours ago
Available Title(s): 270-NN_FACULTY - Assistant Professor Business Title: Assistant Professor, College of Arts and Sciences-Latinx History, Vancouver Campus Employee Type: Faculty Time Type: Full t...
Research Technologist 2, Coffin Lab Neuroscience, Vancouver Campus, Washington State University, United States, 9 days ago
Available Title(s): 323I-YN_CS_NPS - Research Technologist 2 Business Title: Research Technologist 2, Coffin Lab-Neuroscience, Vancouver Campus Employee Type: Classified Time Type: Full time Posit...
Portland Facility Operations Assistant, Oregon State University, United States, 1 day ago
Position Details Position Information Job Title Portland Facility Operations Assistant Appointment Type Student Employee Job Location Portland Position Appointment Percent 100% Appointment Basis 1...
Clinical Partnership Liaison, University of Oregon, United States, about 19 hours ago
Apply now Job no:532687 Work type:Officer of Administration Location:Portland, OR Categories:Child Development, Psychology Department: The Ballmer Institute for Children's Behavioral Health Appoin...
Career Advancement Coordinator, University of Oregon, United States, about 18 hours ago
Apply now Job no:532607 Work type:Officer of Administration Location:Portland, OR Categories:Academic Advising/Support, Student Life/Services Department: UO Portland Office of the Vice President A...
Associate Director Of Strategic Communications And Marketing, University of Oregon, United States, about 19 hours ago
Apply now Job no:532639 Work type:Officer of Administration Location:Portland, OR Categories:Communications/Public Relations/Marketing, Executive/Management/Director Department: The Ballmer Instit...