- USDA ORISE
- Job Category
- Post Doctoral Appointments
- Stipend commensurate with educational level and experience
- Start Date
- Last Date to Apply
- This research opportunity will support the ARS project “Integrating geospatial artificial intelligence (GeoAI) and spatiotemporal epidemiology to forecast flavivirus transmission risk across the Continental US”. The project will rely on the synthesis, integration, linkage, and analysis of large, diverse datasets that benefit from the high-performance computing (HPC) capabilities provided by the USDA ARS SCINet Program. The objective of this opportunity is to facilitate high-impact agricultural science and the participants’ professional growth via collaborative research, professional mentoring, and training in geospatial analysis, genomics, and GeoAI techniques. See hyperlink for additional detail.
- The qualified candidate should have received a master's or doctoral degree in one of the relevant fields listed at the linked website or be currently pursuing one of the degrees with completion before the appointment start date. Preferred skills include: (1) Proficiency in geospatial analysis using at least one programming language (R and/or Python), Proficiency in phylogenetics, genetic analysis, genomics, or landscape genetics, (3) Proficiency in quantitative population ecology, (4) Knowledge of epidemiological analysis or disease modeling (5) Ability to effectively collaborate and work with others, and (6) Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Contact Person
- Dr. John Humphreys (see website)
Bookmark the permalink .
Assistant/ Associate Professor Geospatial Monitoring/Analytics, The Ohio State University, United States, 28 days ago
Details Posted: 06-May-23 Location: Nationwide Salary: Open Internal Number: R61900 Tenure faculty (regardless of rank) - persons with the titles of professor, associate professor, assistant profe...
Geospatial Research Scientist, University of Canterbury, New Zealand, about 18 hours ago
Te Kura Aronukurangi | School of Earth and Environment Located in Ōtautahi | Christchurch, Aotearoa | New Zealand Full-time 37.5 hours per week (1.0 FTE) Fixed term for 24 months Generous annual l...
Lecturer Serious Games / Learning In Xr 60 100%, Lucerne University of Applied Sciences, Switzerland, 26 days ago
9 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Lucerne University of Applied Sciences Research Field Computer science Educational sciences Researcher Profile Established Researcher (R3) Country S...
Assistant Researcher A’ At The Big Earth Data Analytics Department, eratosthenes centre of excellence, Cyprus, 19 days ago
16 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company eratosthenes centre of excellence Research Field Geosciences Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Cyprus Application Deadline 29 ...
Lecturer, Molecular Biology And Genetics, RMIT UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 18 days ago
Full-time, Continuing position Salary Academic Level B ($102,474- $121,690) + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements Based at the Bundoora campus, but may be required to work and/or ...
Epidemiologist Rollins School Of Public Health, Emory University, United States, 4 days ago
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contri...