Campus: Downtown Phoenix
Performs a broad scope of professional accounting activities requiring experienced, professional knowledge and application of accounting principles and practices. Performs a wide range of detailed/complex accounting and advisory functions pertaining to assigned fund area, accounts or department and assures day-to-day operations are carried out in accordance with established accounting principles, policies and objectives. Monitors and controls the daily business and financial operations and functions of a university work unit to ensure ongoing adherence with established policies and standards as designated by unit administrator. Performs budget and financial transactions on a daily basis. Provides high-level customer service to College Leadership in processing requests.
Finance & Accounting
PUBSRV Business Services
VP/EXEC VICE PROV DPC
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$48,240 - $58,000; per year; DOE
- Performs accounting, budgeting, and other financial or related functions, processes routine personnel and payroll transactions, and implements internal controls in compliance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Prepares and summarizes a variety of operational and business activity reports to management including, but not limited to: enrollment trends/statistics, financial performance of programs/projects and personnel costs to provide trends and snapshots of transactions for decision making.
- Receives, reviews and processes a variety of business, financial and operations requests including, but not limited to: department level travel requests/reimbursement, financial transactions, payroll/timekeeping, bid waivers, RFPs and payment vouchers to ensure adherence with established policies and budgetary guidelines.
- As directed by Director, Fiscal Operations (or designee), assists in the preparation of major operational and special budgets; prepares budget projections and analyses of data and/or trends to management for decision making
- Monitors fiscal performance against budget and prepares analysis of variance reports for management of assigned areas/unit(s).
- Researches and provides assistance to management concerning management reports, disbursement of funds, and the resolution of budget concerns
- Reviews requests and authorizes supplies, services, and equipment purchases in accordance with established policy and available budgetary funds.
- Distributes expenses among accounts to ensure accurate accounting of the use of funds; performs account reconciliations.
- Prepares and submits journal vouchers to adjust/correct expenditures to conform to project funding changes; initiates budget adjustments to ensure proper recording of revenue and expenses.
- Creates departmental cash handling attestation summaries; provides regular training to all designated cash handling staff to ensure understanding and compliance with all internal controls and policies for proper accounting of cash and cash equivalent transactions.
- Prepares financial and administrative reports; analyzes and interprets financial data for decision-making and planning; identifies areas of concern and recommends appropriate corrective measures.
- Prepares personnel forms for recruiting and new hire actions, interviewing and selecting staff, and processes personnel timekeeping and other actions online to ensure use of correct funding account(s) incompliance with applicable policies and budgetary requirements
- Participates in internal and external audits by responding to requests for presentation of supporting files, documents and other associated media from external and/or internal audit staff.
- Assists in the development of contracts and agreements for the assigned area in accordance with State, Arizona Board and Regents and University policies and procedures.
- Manages P-Card program for the assigned area, reconciles P-Card transactions and maintains supporting documentation in accordance with University policies and procedures.
- Maintains equipment inventory and manages surplus property for the assigned area.
- Remain current regarding all newly created, changed and/or updated policies, practices, methods, standards, regulations and requirements effecting the business and operational activities to ensure ongoing compliance; communicates information to all staff to ensure understanding and awareness.
- Performs a wide range of detailed/complex accounting and advisory functions pertaining to assigned fund area, accounts or department and assures day-to-day operations are carried out in accordance with established accounting principles, policies and objectives.
- Monitors and controls the daily business and financial operations and functions of a university work unit to ensure ongoing adherence with established policies and standards as designated by unit administrator.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or closely related field AND two (2) years of prior business operations experience; OR,Six (6) years of directly related administrative experience; OR,Any equivalent combination of experience, and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Demonstrated knowledge of fiscal policies and procedures.
- Experience with Account and P-Card reconciliations.
- Experience in financial reporting and analysis.
- Experience in budgeting and forecasting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of procedures, methods and forms associated with automated accounting systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PC based software for spreadsheet, database, word processing and presentation applications.
- Experience working in university or state financial programs and knowledge of policies (Workday, PeopleSoft, Concur, IFAS) Ability to use critical thinking to make decisions/analyze data in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with ASU financial controls, purchasing best practices, and ASU policies and procedures
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Experience in managing multiple accounts Experience processing financial transactions; payables, receivables, journal entries Experience in compliance, audit or internal audit reviews
Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse (75%);required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work (10%). Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25pounds (15%).Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts. Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions.
The Watts College of Public Service and Community Solutions embraces students and faculty dedicated to rigorous education and research in the service of social and economic change. Areas of expertise include: improving the quality of life for individuals and families from all backgrounds; innovative approaches to public management; and nonprofit leadership and organizational effectiveness. We partner with those intent on addressing critical social issues and are confident that Phoenix and the State of Arizona can be exemplars for the future.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
Finance And Operations Manager, Washington State University, Worldwide, about 3 hours ago
Title: 1143-NN - Finance/Budget Manager Business Title: Finance and Operations Manager Location: Employee Type: Admin. Professional Job Family: Administrative Professional - Not OT Eligible Positi...
Accountant, Senior Executive, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
Finance, Planning & Logistics Job Description The Institute for Adult Learning (IAL) invites suitably qualified and experienced Accountants to apply for the position of Senior Manager. Working cl...
Financial Specialist, George Mason University, United States, about 1 hour ago
Position Information Department Mason Enterprise Center Alternate Department Description Community Business Partnership Criminal Background Check Standard Background Check Motor Vehicle Background...
Finance Partner, University of Alberta, Canada, about 7 hours ago
Are you an ambitious, collaborative and service-focused professional who loves to work in a dynamic and challenging environment? Someone who is excited by change and new challenges? Reporting to a...
Associate Vice President, Planning & Budgets, Adler University, United States, about 13 hours ago
Description Adler University is currently seeking a Associate Vice President, Planning & Budgets. Reporting to the Vice President, Finance & Operations (VPFO), the Associate Vice President, Planni...
Finance & Hr Coordinator Nyu Berlin, New York University, United States, 24 days ago
The Finance & HR Coordinator is a full-time parental leave replacement position for the period May/June 2021 to December 2022. The incumbent is responsible for managing all day-to-day accounting f...