The Knowledge Enterprise (KE) Finance department is looking for you to fill our Financial Manager position in our Biodesign Institute! In this role you will provide financial oversight of federal grants and other university accounts while working closely with faculty and researchers that are making societal impacts.
Finance & Accounting
KE Biodesign Institute Finance
KNOWLEDGE ENTERPRISE DEV
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$53,365-$70,000 per year, DOE
- Analyzes, reconciles, and prepares reports on financial information on sponsored, local and foundation accounts.
- Provides budgeting/forecasting support, reviewing/approving financial transactions, and completing unit-wide account reconciliations.
- Verifies accuracy and approves purchasing transactions for goods, services, and equipment.
- Reviews and approves travel requests.
- Maintains and audits unit-wide financial documentation and files.
- Reviews account expenditure requests in accordance with established financial guidelines and policies.
- Tracks effort of research scientists and faculty to ensure they match sponsor expectations.
- Interacts regularly with and provides high quality customer service to faculty members conducting sponsored research.
- Assists with GRA/GSA hiring process.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND five (5) years of related experience,OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience working with sponsored post-award management such as NIH, DOD, NSF, and private foundations.
- Experience with local and gift accounts.
- Experience with Workday, ERA, Concur, PeopleSoft, Microsoft Office programs and querying tools.
- Experience working in a team environment with constantly changing priorities.
- Experience in Higher Education.
- Position is open for an in-person, hybrid or fully remote environment.
- In-person activities are performed in a regular, climate-controlled office setting.
- Both are subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding, and manipulation a computer mouse (75%); required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work (10%). Infrequent bending, reaching , lifting, pushing and pulling up to 20 pounds (5%).
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject o resolution of conflicts.
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions.
- Regular use standard office equipment including but not limited to computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone, and associated computer/technology peripherals.
For the eighth year in a row, ASU has been named the most innovative school in the nation, recognizing the university's culture of groundbreaking research and partnerships, as well as its commitment to helping students thrive in college and beyond. U.S. News and World Report has named ASU as the most innovative university all eight years the category has existed.
ASU Knowledge Enterprise advances research, innovation, strategic partnerships, entrepreneurship, and international development. Our success arises from solutions-focused, interdisciplinary research; an entrepreneurial approach that is embedded in every school and department; and a commitment to transform society in a positive way. To learn more about how Knowledge Enterprise is a place for your career to grow, visit https://research.asu.edu/about-us/careers.
The Biodesign Institute is a major research center with strengths in key topics such as infectious diseases, immunology, imaging and testing, environment, cancer, neuroscience, sustainability, and security. Our desire to improve health, safety, and sustainability for people worldwide, along with our curiosity and diverse expertise, continuously push us to as questions and apply knowledge to the many issues facing humanity.
Working at ASU has additional perks and OUTSTANDING benefits, which include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; sick leave and holidays; ASU/UA/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to ASU recreation and cultural activities; and more. To estimate the value of your total compensation, please visit https://cfo.asu.edu/compensation-estimator.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU PD at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume and cover letter should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
Administrative Assistant Ii, The University of Arizona, United States, 28 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Administrative Assistant II St. Johns, AZ, United States | req14963 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Administrative Assistant II Posting Number req14963 Department Ap...
Systems Administrator Iv (Remote), The University of Arizona, United States, 15 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Systems Administrator IV (Remote) United States | req14624 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Systems Administrator IV (Remote) Posting Number req14624 Department Infra...
Security Administrator, Bellevue University, United States, 11 days ago
Primary Function: Responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations of the in-place security solutions. Secondary tasks may include involvement in the implementation of new security solutions,...
Admissions Counselor, Bellevue University, United States, 2 days ago
Primary Function: This position recruits and enrolls students into Bellevue University’s courses and programs by using effective enrollment management consultative sales techniques and excellent ...
Bruin Consultant, Bellevue University, United States, 16 days ago
Primary Function: BRUIN consultants will serve as the primary intake for inbound technical and operational interactions The BRUIN Consultant is responsible for providing customer care for studen...
Adjunct Instructor Kirkpatrick Signature Series, Bellevue University, United States, 2 days ago
Student-centric. Fast-paced. Collaborative. Innovative. These are all words used to describe the Bellevue University work experience (www.Bellevue.edu ). We are an innovative institution providin...