|Position Title||Financial Assistant - JSOM|
|Position Status||Regular full-time|
|Position End Date (if temporary)|
|Posting Open Date||08/31/2023|
|Posting Close Date|
|Open Until Filled||No|
|Desired Start Date|
This position will work in the JSOM Dean’s Suite, assisting the Financial Team with a variety of tasks.
|Minimum Education and Experience||
High school graduate or equivalent: Some college coursework or relevant experience.
|Preferred Education and Experience||
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other Business area. Two years of experience in Accounting, Budget or other Financial area or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Business acumen, leadership capabilities, ability to think strategically and analytically. Experience in providing innovation and problem solving; excellent oral communication skills and ability to work in a team environment. Requires extreme accuracy in all phases of work.
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities||
Perform reconciliation and financial analysis for the School of Management. Apply advanced accounting knowledge and ability in the preparation of a variety of complex regular and special financial transactions and reports. May include the following:
• Responsible for Account reconciliation
• Manage Chart of Accounts
• Monitor/clear budget errors for cost center line deficits
• Assist in budget preparation activity
• Assist in award setup and project closeout
• Supervise cash handling/gift deposits
• Manage Scholarship processing
• Review/Approve One Card transactions
• Review/Process IDTS, budget journals/transfers
• Review eProcurement requisitions
• Process budget transfers/journals
Remote Work Notice
A hybrid remote work schedule may be available. Employee must be located within the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex area and have the ability to be on campus for work activities as scheduled and/or with 24-hour notice. Completion and approval of a UT Dallas Remote Work Agreement will be required upon employment, and use of personal computer, internet, and other standard equipment may be required. Remote work arrangements are subject to regular review and re-approval and may be canceled at any time.
The University of Texas at Dallas is committed to graduating well-rounded members of the global community whose education has prepared them for rewarding lives and productive careers in a constantly changing world. A diversity of people, ideas and perspectives is crucial to our vision and mission. A charter member of SEA (STEMM Equity Achievement) Change , UT Dallas is a place where members of the community from all backgrounds are welcomed, treated fairly, and encouraged in their pursuit of excellence.
What You Should Know
UT Dallas is ranked among the “Best of the Best Colleges” for LGBTQ Inclusion by Campus Pride. The Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion hosts a variety of programs and leads initiatives toward efforts to cultivate a culture of equity and belonging for all members of the campus community. “LilyPad” lactation facilities are located throughout campus for private use by nursing parents. The University currently supports nine Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that are communities of faculty and staff from various identities along with advocates and allies (e.g., Black Faculty and Staff Alliance, Universal Access ERG, Military and Veteran ERG).
The University of Texas at Dallas is committed to providing an educational, living and working environment that is welcoming, respectful and inclusive of all members of the university community. The University prohibits unlawful discrimination against a person because of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status. Visit https://institutional-initiatives.utdallas.edu/ for more information.
What We Can Offer
UT Dallas aims to attract and retain talented faculty and staff to support the university’s mission. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, retirement, life insurance and AD&D coverage. UT Dallas also offers employee wellness programs, tuition assistance, professional development, and so much more. Visit https://hr.utdallas.edu/employees/benefits/ for more information.
|Special Instructions Summary|
1) All employees serve as a representative of the University and are expected to display respect, civility, professional courtesy, consideration of others and discretion in all interactions with members of the UT Dallas community and the general public.
2) The University of Texas at Dallas is committed to providing an educational, living, and working environment that is welcoming, respectful, and inclusive of all members of the university community. UT Dallas does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its services, programs, activities, employment, and education, including in admission and enrollment. EOE, including disability/veterans. The University is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation in the employment application and interview process, contact the ADA Coordinator . For inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies, contact the Title IX Coordinator .
Assistant Professor Of Instruction In Meco, The University of Texas at Dallas, United States, 3 days ago
Details Posted: 01-Dec-23 Location: Richardson, Texas Salary: Open Categories: Academic/Faculty Business/Finance Internal Number: 25152 Posting Number: F00797P Department: Management Salary Range:...
Administrative Project Coordinator, The University of Texas at Dallas, United States, 4 days ago
Details Posted: 30-Nov-23 Location: Richardson, Texas Salary: Open Categories: Libraries Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 25081 Posting Number: S05301P Department: Academic Affairs and Provos...
Chemical Application Technician, The University of Texas at Dallas, United States, about 1 hour ago
Details Posted: 03-Dec-23 Location: Richardson, Texas Salary: Open Categories: Facilities//Maintenance/Trades Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 24548 Posting Number: S05213P Department: Facili...
Detective, The University of Texas at Dallas, United States, 3 days ago
Details Posted: 01-Dec-23 Location: Richardson, Texas Salary: Open Categories: Security/Public Safety Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 25155 Posting Number: S05316P Department: University Pol...
Open Rank Tenure Track Faculty Cluster Hire In Sustainable Earth Systems, The University of Texas at Dallas, United States, 15 days ago
Open-Rank Tenure-Track Faculty Cluster Hire in Sustainable Earth Systems The University of Texas at Dallas The University of Texas at Dallas (UT Dallas) is pleased to announce a cluster hiring ini...
It Support Specialist I, The University of Texas at Dallas, United States, 3 days ago
Details Posted: 01-Dec-23 Location: Richardson, Texas Salary: Open Categories: Information Technology Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 25132 Posting Number: S05310P Department: Arts, Humaniti...