Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
You are invited to submit an application to be included in the general pool of candidates from which qualified individuals will be selected to fill available positions. The number of positions varies depending on the needs of the department.
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati embarks upon its third century – building on the past and defining the future by leading urban, public universities into a new era of innovation and impact through its strategic direction, Next Lives Here . Underscoring the power of creativity, ingenuity, invention and inclusion, what’s Next will accelerate our unrivaled momentum, evidenced by eight straight years of record enrollment and rankings that include placement among America’s top 100 public universities by U.S. News & World Report. Home to a diverse student body of nearly 47,000 and more than 4,200 distinguished faculty, the university combines its Research 1 (Very High Research Activity) Carnegie Classification with a physical setting that The New York Times recently acclaimed as “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.
The College of Engineering & Applied Science is searching for multiple Financial Administrator 1 positions to handle various financial and administrative duties for multiple departments within the college, including but not limited to Department of Chemical and Environmental Engineering, Department of Biomedical Engineering, and the Department of Aerospace Engineering & Engineering Mechanics.
- Coordinate and monitor administrative duties.
- Assist in the development of unit policies and procedures.
- Monitor the financial status of unit programs and other budget allocations.
- Implement policies to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Prepare reports.
- May coordinate personnel functions for an operating unit at less than 25% of duties.
- Perform related duties based on departmental need. This job description can be changed at any time.
- Bachelor’s Degree must be in accounting or related field.
- Four (4) years of relevant work experience and/or other specialized training can be used in lieu of education requirement.
Related finance or accounting experience.
Additional Qualifications Considered
Major duties may include administrative, fiscal and grants such as:
- Financial tracking/monitoring of Grants, Faculty Startup, UGA Support, RIA, Internal University awards and other funds/accounts as needed
- Involved in HR and Payroll processes related to grants -- i.e. Extra Compensation payments to faculty
- Purchasing approvals in both CONCUR and PACE systems
- Handling deposits and payment requests
- Posting tuition/scholarships for UGA and grant-sponsored students
- Invoicing CCHMC and other external clients
- Course Ordering
- Assisting Business Administrator/Business Manager as needed
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Office environment/no specific unusual physical or environmental demands.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN
Enterprise Director Uc Health Lab Services, UC Health, United States, about 8 hours ago
Enterprise Director- UC Health- Lab Services( Job Number: 067727) Description At UC Health, we're proud to have the best and brightest teams and clinicians collaborating toward our common purpose:...
Administrative Coordinator Uc Physicians Oral Surgery , UC Health, United States, about 8 hours ago
Administrative Coordinator - UC Physicians - Oral Surgery ( Job Number: 067950) Description Title: Administrative Coordinator - Oral Surgery Location: 3223 Albert Sabin Way, Cincinnati, 45219 Depa...
Medical Technologist Ii Uc Medical Center Microbiology, UC Health, United States, about 7 hours ago
Medical Technologist II - UC Medical Center - Microbiology( Job Number: 067547) Description Title: Medical Technologist Location: UC Medical Center Department: Microbiology Shift: Third Hours: Fu...
Mgr Radiology, UC Health, United States, 19 days ago
Mgr - Radiology( Job Number: 067511) Description At UC Health, we're proud to have the best and brightest teams and clinicians collaborating toward our common purpose: to advance healing and reduc...
It Epic Ambulatory Application Analyst Uc Health Business Center Is&T, UC Health, United States, about 7 hours ago
IT Epic Ambulatory Application Analyst - UC Health Business Center - IS&T( Job Number: 066862) Description At UC Health, we're proud to have the best and brightest teams and clinicians collaborati...
Infection Control Practitioner Uc Health Business Center Infection Prevention, UC Health, United States, about 7 hours ago
Infection Control Practitioner - UC Health Business Center - Infection Prevention( Job Number: 067855) Description Title: Infection Control Practitioner Location: 3200 Burnet Ave, Cincinnati, 452...