Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati embarks upon its third century – building on the past and defining the future by leading urban, public universities into a new era of innovation and impact through its strategic direction, Next Lives Here . Underscoring the power of creativity, ingenuity, invention and inclusion, what’s Next will accelerate our unrivaled momentum, evidenced by eight straight years of record enrollment and rankings that include placement among America’s top 100 public universities by U.S. News & World Report. Home to a diverse student body of nearly 47,000 and more than 4,200 distinguished faculty, the university combines its Research 1 (Very High Research Activity) Carnegie Classification with a physical setting that The New York Times recently acclaimed as “the most ambitious campus design program in the country".
As one of the oldest medical schools in the country, the UC College of Medicine has a reputation for training best-in-class health care professionals and developing cutting-edge procedures and research that improves the health and clinical care of patients.
The College of Medicine is recruiting a Financial Administrator 1 or Financial Administrator 2 for the Department of Basic Sciences. With guidance from supervisor, the incumbent will oversee the planning and supervision of the fiscal administrative activities of a unit.
They will also support the Executive Director of Business and Administration, for two basic science departments in the College of Medicine.
- Coordinate and monitor administrative duties.
- Assist in the development of unit policies and procedures.
- Monitor the financial status of unit programs and other budget allocations.
- Implement policies to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Prepare reports.
- May coordinate personnel functions for an operating unit at less than 25% of duties.
- Perform related duties based on departmental need. This job description can be changed at any time.
- Bachelor’s Degree must be in accounting or related field.
- Four (4) years of relevant work experience and/or other specialized training can be used in lieu of education requirement.
Related finance or accounting experience.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Office environment/no specific unusual physical or environmental demands.
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN
Manager Rehab Services Daniel Drake Center Cardiac Therapy, UC Health, United States, 5 days ago
Manager Rehab Services-Daniel Drake Center-Cardiac Therapy( Job Number: 070046) Description At UC Health, we're proud to have the best and brightest teams and clinicians collaborating toward our c...
Lab Technician Uc Medical Center Phlebotomy, UC Health, United States, 4 days ago
Lab Technician - UC Medical Center - Phlebotomy( Job Number: 069844) Description Title: Lab Technician Location: UC Medical Center Department: Phlebotomy Shift: Third (9:30PM-6:00AM) Hours: Full ...
Access Coordinator Uc Medical Center Transfer Center, UC Health, United States, about 13 hours ago
Access Coordinator - UC Medical Center - Transfer Center( Job Number: 070187) Description Title: Access Coordinator Location: UC Medical Center Department: Transfer Center Hours: Full Time Shift: ...
Clinical Dietitian Uc Medical Center – Diabetes/Endocrinology Clinic 100293, UC Health, United States, about 12 hours ago
Clinical Dietitian - UC Medical Center – Diabetes/Endocrinology Clinic - 100293( Job Number: 070196) Description Title: Clinical Dietitian Location: UC Medical Center – 222 Piedmont Avenue , Cinc...
Lab Technician Uc Medical Center Phlebotomy, UC Health, United States, 8 days ago
Lab Technician - UC Medical Center - Phlebotomy( Job Number: 069932) Description At UC Health, we're proud to have the best and brightest teams and clinicians collaborating toward our common purpo...
Rn Cn I Uc Medical Center Radiation Therapy, UC Health, United States, about 13 hours ago
RN - CN I - UC Medical Center - Radiation Therapy( Job Number: 065116) Description Title: RN - CN I Location: UC Medical Center Department: Radiation Therapy BCC Shift: Day/Evening Hours: Full Tim...