Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati embarks upon its third century – building on the past and defining the future by leading urban, public universities into a new era of innovation and impact through its strategic direction, Next Lives Here . Underscoring the power of creativity, ingenuity, invention and inclusion, what’s Next will accelerate our unrivaled momentum, evidenced by eight straight years of record enrollment and rankings that include placement among America’s top 100 public universities by U.S. News & World Report. Home to a diverse student body of nearly 47,000 and more than 4,200 distinguished faculty, the university combines its Research 1 (Very High Research Activity) Carnegie Classification with a physical setting that The New York Times recently acclaimed as “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.
The Department of Chemistry in the College of Arts & Sciences at the University of Cincinnati seeks applications to fill a tenure-track position in chemistry. Research areas of interest are broad and expand all sub-disciplines of chemistry; however, special consideration may be given to biochemistry-related subareas.
An ideal candidate is expected to develop a vigorous, externally-funded research program that applies innovative approaches to address problems in chemical and biochemical science. The successful candidate will play a critical role in fostering collaboration across the College of Arts and Sciences, and, for example, Colleges of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Medicine, and Pharmacy. In addition, the successful candidate is expected to be committed to enthusiastic and effective teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels. The University of Cincinnati is a rapidly growing Research-Extensive University with an outstanding location, facilities, and infrastructure to support cutting edge research and collaborative interactions at the interface of chemistry, materials, and health.
- Attend meetings, participate in governance, prepare materials for teaching.
- Evaluate and develop curriculum for department and/or college.
- Conduct and teach assigned undergraduate and/or graduate-level courses and seminars.
- Serve as an academic adviser for students and evaluate student coursework.
- Serve on college or university committees and participate in curriculum development activities.
- Serve on graduate committees, supervise laboratories (where appropriate), independent study activities, and off-campus learning.
- Engage in other activities ancillary to or in support of his or her responsibilities.
- Render service to the professional or lay community which is relevant to the individual’s academic specialty.
- Review, and where necessary, respond in a timely manner to all University-related communications.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Applicants must have a Ph.D. degree in chemistry or in a closely related field.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching and research evidenced by strong publication record in peer-reviewed journals. Candidates for a tenured appointment should demonstrate intellectual leadership and impact on the field and potential significant contributions to the department, University of Cincinnati, and wider scholarly community.
- Demonstrate evidence of effective teaching ability, commitment to student success, and service to the profession.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex material to students unfamiliar with a subject.
- Must have outstanding writing skills to present research in written format.
- Ability to work and collaborate with individuals from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
In addition to the online application, candidates should include a cover letter defining interest in the position, a current curriculum vitae, and use the additional documents feature to include a statement of the proposed research program (3 pages), a statement of teaching plans (1 page), a statement on commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment as it pertains to the candidate’s teaching, research, mentoring, and/or service activities (1 page) and contact information (telephone and e-mail) for three references. Priority will be given to complete applications received by October 15, 2021. However, we will continue to accept and review applications until the position is filled.
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN
Radiology Technologist Ambulatory Pain Medicine, UC Health, United States, about 7 hours ago
Radiology Technologist - Ambulatory - Pain Medicine( Job Number: 068369) Description Title: Radiology Techologist Location: Cincinnati - 222 Piedmont Avenue Department: Pain Medicine Hours: 32/wee...
Gme Coordinator Uc Physicians Podiatry Msb, UC Health, United States, 9 days ago
GME Coordinator - UC Physicians - Podiatry MSB( Job Number: 068259) Description Title: GME Coordinator - Podiatry MSB Location: 231 Albert Sabin Way, Cincinnati, 45267 Department: Podiatry MSB Shi...
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist Uc Medical Center Internal Medicine, UC Health, United States, 17 days ago
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist - UC Medical Center - Internal Medicine( Job Number: 068222) Description At UC Health, we're proud to have the best and brightest teams and clinicians collaborating to...
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist Uc Medical Center Emergency Medicine, UC Health, United States, about 6 hours ago
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist - UC Medical Center - Emergency Medicine( Job Number: 068604) Description At UC Health, we're proud to have the best and brightest teams and clinicians collaborating t...
Clinical Services Specialist Ambulatory Internal Medicine, UC Health, United States, 12 days ago
Clinical Services Specialist - Ambulatory - Internal Medicine( Job Number: 068303) Description Title: Clinical Services Specialist Location: Cincinnati - 231 Albert Sabin Way Department: Interna...
Diagnostic Physicist Uc Medical Center Radiology Administration, UC Health, United States, about 6 hours ago
Diagnostic Physicist - UC Medical Center - Radiology Administration( Job Number: 068457) Description Title: Diagnostic Physicist Location: UC Medical Center Department: Radiology Administration Sh...