Bard High School Early College Cleveland
About the Bard Early Colleges
Bard Early Colleges are founded on the belief that many high–school–age students are eager and ready for the intellectual challenges of a college education. Bard Early Colleges act on this belief by providing younger scholars with a tuition-free, credit-bearing college course of study in the liberal arts and sciences following the 9th and 10th grades. Students are taught by college faculty in seminar classes; they receive up to 60 college credits and an associate in arts (A.A.) degree from Bard College, concurrently with a high school diploma. Bard Early Colleges begin preparing students for college work as early as the 9th grade and offer ongoing guidance and academic supports.
Now in its second decade, the Bard Early College network serves over 2,850 students in five states. Since 2003, Bard College has awarded more than 3,000 A.A. degrees to its early college students.
Bard High School Early College (BHSEC) Cleveland, a partnership between Bard College and Cleveland Metropolitan School District (CMSD), invites applications for a faculty member in History/Social Studies to join our faculty for the academic year beginning in August 2019.
BHSEC seeks candidates able to teach History/Social Sciences; expertise in American History is especially desirable is especially desirable. Candidates will teach classes at the high school and college levels; candidates will teach courses in their fields of specialization, as well as interdisciplinary courses in the Humanities.
- Participate in curriculum development (especially for new elective courses).
- Commitment to regular and ongoing professional development.
- Commitment to working with students individually and in small groups through tutoring, office hours and advising outside of regular class time.
- Communicate regularly with administrators, parents and other stakeholders about student progress and engagement.
- Participate fully in the life of the school, including student advising, club advising, and committee service.
- M.A. in History, Social Sciences or related field (required).
- Ph.D. at the time of employment, or candidates who are ABD (desired).
- Expertise in American History (desired).
- Expertise in the formal teaching of writing (desired).
- Experience teaching at both high school and college levels (desired).
- Experience in urban settings (desired).
To apply, send a letter of interest, one-page teaching statement, curriculum vitae, and three letters of reference though Interoflio.com at:http://apply.interfolio.com/61681
. Review of applications begins immediately and will proceed until the position is filled. Inquiries may be directed via email to Dumaine Williams firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information on our schools.
Bard High School Early College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. Women and members of under-represented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Facility Aide Connelly Center, Villanova University, United States, about 14 hours ago
Posting Details Do you have questions about the application process? If so, please refer to the Applicant FAQ's. Position Information Posting Number: 20193267V Position Title: Facility Aide - Conn...