Faculty – Educator Track
Medical Laboratory Science
Clinical and Health Information Sciences
College of Allied Health Sciences
(Final rank and title commensurate with education and experience)
The University of Cincinnati Medical Laboratory Sciences Program within the Department of Clinical and Health Information Sciences Department is searching for a full-time faculty member who will contribute to the department’s teaching, service, and research missions. This is a 12-month per year position with rank and faculty track commensurate with education and experience.
Position Responsibilities : This position is primarily responsible for teaching and service to the Medical Laboratory Sciences Program, Department of Clinical and Health Information Sciences and College of Allied Health Sciences. Teaching and service responsibilities include, but are not limited to, course development, primary instruction of didactic courses using face-to-face and online delivery modalities; participation in student recruitment, retention, and admissions activities; participation in program committee work including program evaluation, accreditation tasks, and other activities as assigned by Department Chair. While student instruction is central to this position, service and scholarship activities are also required consistent with the missions and faculty evaluative criteria of the University, College, and Department.
- Master’s Degree Required
- Demonstration of teaching experience as an adjunct instructor for at least two years, OR one year of full-time teaching at the College level.
- Certification as a medical laboratory scientist (ASCP, AMT or equivalent)
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical practice experience.
- Current knowledge and skill in the use of computer technology and educational learning management systems
- Strong organizational skills; strong interpersonal skills including communication, problem solving, counseling, conflict management, and follow-through
- Ability to work independently utilizing good time management skills.
- Interest and ability to collaborate with an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to assist with tasks assigned by Department Chair
- Demonstrated commitment to cultural diversity, equity, and inclusion
Preferred Qualifications :
- Doctoral degree, Ph.D., DCLS or Ed.D.
- Previous teaching experience in higher education in a distance learning format.
- Prior scholarly works published (i.e. peer reviewed, books or book chapters) or presented
- Active in professional activities at local, state, and/or national levels
- Demonstrated student mentorship experience
Please apply online at https://jobs.uc.edu .
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES
OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:INS SF:INS
Client Services Representative Phlebotomist Uc Medical Center Outreach Lab, UC Health, United States, about 10 hours ago
Client Services Representative Phlebotomist - UC Medical Center - Outreach Lab( Job Number: 059136) Description Primary Purpose: Performs all activities within the Patient Service Centers of the O...
Certified Medical Assistant Uc Health Medical Arts Building Cardiology Clinic, UC Health, United States, about 10 hours ago
Certified Medical Assistant - UC Health Medical Arts Building - Cardiology Clinic( Job Number: 059063) Description Primary Purpose: Function as an integral part of the Clinical office staff where ...
Medical (Certified) Asst. Uc Health Ambulatory Ob/Gyn Rei Christ Hospital Mob, UC Health, United States, 7 days ago
Medical (Certified) Asst. - UC Health Ambulatory - OB/GYN REI - Christ Hospital MOB( Job Number: 059064) Description Primary Purpose: Function as an integral part of the Clinical office staff wher...
Registered Nurse Uc Health Ambulatory Psychiatry Mob Harvey, UC Health, United States, about 10 hours ago
Registered Nurse - UC Health Ambulatory - Psychiatry - MOB Harvey( Job Number: 059020) Description Primary Purpose: The Registered Nurse (RN) is an individual who holds a current state license to ...
Senior Histotechnician Ambulatory Dermatology, UC Health, United States, 15 days ago
Senior Histotechnician - Ambulatory - Dermatology( Job Number: 059097) Description Primary Purpose: Perform routine histopathological tests in a clinical laboratory for use in the diagnosis and tr...
Medical Technologist Ii Uc Medical Center Precision Medicine Covid Testing, UC Health, United States, about 10 hours ago
Medical Technologist II - UC Medical Center - Precision Medicine COVID Testing( Job Number: 059152) Description Title: Medical Technologist II Location: UC Medical Center Department: Precision Med...