Please review the Important information for all USC job applicants page for more details regarding your rights and obligations as a job candidate.
USC Housing, a division of USC Auxiliary Services, hosts more than 9,000 students, athletes, faculty, and staff throughout the year in over 50 properties on and off campus. Housing meets the challenge of inviting students into our Trojan family by making them feel comfortable, safe and welcome. We boast top-notch amenities including comprehensive recycling programs, simplified online repair requests, and more. Serving our students’ wellbeing is the reason that we are here and we share the same vision and excellence that they do.
We are seeking a Facilities Technician to join our rapidly growing team.
We need a driven, hardworking, and knowledgeable Facilities Technician to help us maintain our many properties. If this is you, come join us! As our technician, you will manage the maintenance and repair of our facilities, using your years of experience to problem solve and assist others. And, with your friendly, warm demeanor, you will continue providing the excellence in service that our students, faculty, staff, and guests have come to expect from our Housing team.
- Provide general maintenance and repair for facilities and equipment (e.g., air conditioners, heaters, appliances, furniture, pumps, copiers, cooling towers video equipment, door locks, cabinets, and sinks), which may include electrical, carpentry, painting, plumbing, and locksmith services. Perform installation work and on-going preventive maintenance. Resolve problems and follow through on work order requests.
- Maintain logs of facilities and equipment maintenance, repairs, and/or requests. Communicate status of work orders to appropriate staff.
- Provide technical management services for telecommunications equipment repairs and access. Coordinate installation, removal, and repairs. Implement software and hardware changes. Maintain equipment inventory, calling card account log, and access privileges. Provide staff training on telephones and voicemail.
- Maintain facilities' main security accesses. Order and maintain keys. Coordinate locksmith services.
- Oversee routine maintenance inspections of facilities for deficiencies, health, and safety hazards, and/or code violations.
- Maintain on-site storage areas. Provide units with adequate space. Implement security related procedures and ensure security measures are in place.
- Oversee facility maintenance staff and/or student workers as assigned. Monitor and follow-up on the status of work order requests to ensure assignments are completed properly and within established timeframe.
- Assist with special projects as needed or required. Oversee facilities services in the absence of facilities manager.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: High School Diploma.
- Experience: 1 year.
- Experience in general maintenance and repair for carpentry, electrical, plumbing, locksmith, painting, mechanics, and engineering (e.g., air conditioning, heating, and refrigeration systems) trades.
- Knowledge of telecommunications software and hardware.
- Demonstrated customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Presents oneself professionally, in line with higher education environment.
- Valid CA driver's license required. Position will participate in the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Pull Notice System. A copy of DMV record will be required as a final condition of employment.
What We Prefer:
- Bachelor’s Degree. Specialized or technical training.
- 2 years of experience in facilities/maintenance.
- Ability to oversee student, temporary, and/or resource workers.
The Trojan Family Rewards:
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE , and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families including:
- : dental and vision plans, tuition assistance for our employees and their families, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, 2:1 retirement plan contributions, child care centers and up to $50,000 housing subsidy. And because we are a qualifying public service organization, you may qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) for educational loans. Don’t believe us? Visit benefits.usc.edu.
- : discounts to USC sporting events, USC Bookstores, wireless plans, travel, accommodations, and local entertainment.
- Career Growth: We are the largest private employer in Los Angeles offering tremendous development opportunities in multiple fields and industries. The Trojan Network connects current and previous members of the Trojan family to create an endless professional network.
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
Minimum Education: High School or equivalent Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education Minimum Experience: 1 Year Minimum Field of Expertise: Experience in general maintenance and repair for carpentry, electrical, plumbing, locksmith, painting, mechanics and engineering (e.g., air conditioning, heating, and refrigeration systems) trades. Knowledge of telecommunications software and hardware.
Facilities Maintenance Mechanic, California State University, Los Angeles, United States, 3 days ago
JOB DETAILS Bulletin #180413; 2/3/20 FACILITIES MAINTENANCE MECHANIC Housing and Residence Life Salary Range: $5,402-$6,904/Monthly Work Schedule: Full-time, Wednesday - Sunday, 1:30 pm - 10:00 pm...
Facilities Maintenance Mechanic, The California State University, United States, 19 days ago
Description: Bulletin #180413; 2/3/20 FACILITIES MAINTENANCE MECHANIC Housing and Residence Life Salary Range: $5,402-$6,904/Monthly Work Schedule: Full-time, Wednesday – Sunday, 1:30 pm – 10:00 p...
Facility Coordinator I Angeles Clinic, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, 6 days ago
Requisition # 20000796Apply Now Summary of Essential Job Duties • Provides basic building maintenance and repair to include: plumbing maintenance and drain repair; electrical and lighting system ...
Craft Specialist, Hvac Plant Operations Full Time, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, 24 days ago
Requisition # 20000505Apply Now Cedars-Sinai is a leader in providing high-quality healthcare encompassing primary care, specialized medicine and research. Since 1902, Cedars-Sinai has evolved to ...
Craft Specialist, Hvac Plant Operations Full Time, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, 4 days ago
Requisition # 20000639Apply Now Cedars-Sinai is a leader in providing high-quality healthcare encompassing primary care, specialized medicine and research. Since 1902, Cedars-Sinai has evolved to ...
Sterile Processing Tech Iii Evenings, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, 4 days ago
We embrace a culture of passion and dedication at Cedars-Sinai, and it’s part of the reason we’ve been named one of the top ten hospitals in America’s Best Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. N...