Facilities Svcs Asst Supvr
Facilities Management seeks a Facilities Services Assistant Supervisor to assist with planning and coordinating the staffing of work activities to include all general maintenance functions.
Building & Equipment Maint
FDM FM Tempe Zones
EVP BUSINESS & FINANCE
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$52,000 - $57,000 per year commensurate of experience and education. ASU offers a comprehensive benefits package with the State of Arizona.
- Assist with monitoring and assigning work orders to employees utilizing a computerized work order management system and electronic tablets.
- Assist in the inspection of work assigned of employees on a routine basis to ensure deficiencies are corrected.
- Maintain records and files, including the approval of time cards and absences and submit as required.
- May participate in performance evaluations.
- May facilitate training for subordinates on general maintenance functions.
- Assist in the development of work standards and maintenance schedules in campus buildings and structures.
- Assist in the development and monitoring of strategic planning and present plans to supervisor or designee.
- Interpret and apply blueprints, specifications, and technical manuals.
- May monitor and inspect outside contract work to ensure ASU standards are being met.
- Assist in coordination with outside contractors on facility renovations.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable safety regulations, building codes, and safety requirements.
- Serve as liaison to other campus departments.
- Work in team environment, contribute to team goals, and prioritize assignments.
- Utilize Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access.
- Ability to communicate to perform the essential functions of the job.
DAYS AND SCHEDULE: Mon thru Fri; 6:30 am – 5:00 pm with day off to be determined. This position requires working a rotating on-call schedule and may be called in for emergency response including nights, weekends, holidays and events.
Five years of progressively responsible skilled trade maintenance and repair which includes one year of lead experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. Some positions may be required to obtain an Environmental Protection Agency Type 1 refrigeration license upon employment. Employee must possess a valid US Drivers license of the appropriate class and required endorsements throughout employment. Some positions may require a pre-employment physical examination post offer of employment to include asbestos worker clearance, respiratory clearance questionnaire and respiratory fit test. May participate in programs which involve adherence to program regulations, including physical exam, annual testing, x-rays, medication, vaccinations at ASU expense, and completion of a Health Surveillance Questionnaire.
Evidence of (1) one year supervisory experience in trade services (e.g. Plumbing, HVAC, Carpentry, and/or Electrical).
- Troubleshooting, repair, preventative maintenance and installations of VFD’s
- Bending conduit
- Troubleshooting branch circuity and three phase lighting, and mechanical systems in laboratory settings
- Servicing and maintaining emergency generators and associated equipment, (i.e. transfer switches and service entrance sections)
- Troubleshooting and maintenance of uninterruptible power supply systems associated with computer rooms and data storage facilities
- Using work order systems (e.g. WebTMA)
- Facilities project management (i.e. dealing with outside vendors/contractors)
- Interpreting and applying blueprints, specifications and/or technical manuals
- Customer service
- Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook)
Evidence of effective communication skills
- Job duties are performed in and around the Arizona State University both inside and outside, and in all types of weather.
- Required to stand for varying lengths of time.
- Utilize specific hand tools and equipment related to essential duties.
- Stand, lift, bend, stoop, and kneel.
- Work off ladders, scaffolding, single man lifts up to 40 feet.
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Wear personal protective equipment (safety glasses, gloves, hearing protection).
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
- Ability to communicate to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to push and/or pull approximately 200-300 pound weight loaded on wheeled maintenance carts to transport tools and equipment throughout campus to job site.
- May be exposed to hazardous and dangerous materials, tools, and equipment which will require safety precautions and/or specific process to be followed, and may include the use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) (e.g. safety glasses, hearing protection, negative pressure and positive pressure respirator).
- Use of PPE may require medical clearance prior to use.
- May drive University vehicles.
ASU Facilities Development and Management (FDM) maintains and services all university-owned property, and develops and constructs innovative and sustainable facilities. FDM’s vision is to contribute to and guarantee the success of the university’s mission by creating and caring for the ASU campus and environment. We provide quality customer service, effectively steward our resources, and meet the needs of the university through creative and collaborative efforts.
ASU offers a comprehensive benefits package at very competitive rates to enhance the total compensation of its faculty and staff. This package includes low-cost health and life benefits to insure you and your family, a wellness program for preventative health education and screenings, a disability and leaves program for income protection, employee assistance for free and confidential behavioral health services, access to world-class educational opportunities at ASU/UofA/NAU at deeply discounted rates, disability resources for Americans with Disabilities (ADA), a retirement program with a variety of retiree benefits to ensure your financial security at the end of your career, paid vacation and holidays – and more. For more information, please visit the Office of Human Resources, Benefits website, at https://cfo.asu.edu/benefits
ASU’s comprehensive benefits package is a significant part of your overall total compensation – and ASU pays for most of it when you are a benefits-eligible employee. https://cfo.asu.edu/compensation-estimator
For more reasons to join ASU, please visit: https://cfo.asu.edu/why-work-asu
Facilities Development and Management at ASU employment requires current eligibility to legally work in the United States. Facilities Development and Management will not be a sponsor for this position.
This position is located at the Tempe campus.
Must possess a valid Arizona driver's license (minimum of Class D) upon employment and maintain throughout employment. Post-offer of employment, selected candidate must possess an acceptable driving record which is 5 or fewer points in the most recent 39 month period from date of hire.
Must pass pre-employment physical examination post offer of employment to include audiogram, asbestos worker clearance, respiratory clearance questionnaire and respiratory fit test.
This position requires working a rotating on-call schedule and may be called in for emergency response including nights, weekends holidays and events. May be called in for emergency response including nights and weekends.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
Work reference history information for 3 current and/or former supervisors will be requested at time of interview.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
Salesforce System Administrator (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, about 14 hours ago
A Salesforce System Administrator is responsible for the configuration, maintenance, and overall management of the Salesforce platform within an organization. They ensure that Salesforce is effect...
Data Warehouse Engineer (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, 15 days ago
The Data Warehouse Engineer is responsible for the full life cycle of back-end development of the data warehouse including designing, developing, testing, and maintaining data architecture and dat...
Faculty Organizational Management (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, 14 days ago
At UAGC, full-time Faculty are discipline experts who provide a positive learning environment in a specific academic program, emphasis, and/or discipline to facilitate and support student success ...
Product Manager, Student Relationship Technology (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, about 14 hours ago
The Product Manager, Student Relationship Technologies, is a key player at UAGC, tasked with managing and evolving Salesforce products and other student-facing technologies. This role demands exec...
Drupal Developer (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, 21 days ago
The Drupal Developer is a full-time employment opportunity and reports to the Director of Digital Experience. The Drupal Developer will oversee front-end and back-end module development. This role...
Online Associate Faculty (Adjunct) Faculty Ma In Early Childhood Education Leadership (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, 12 days ago
The Online Associate (Adjunct) Faculty position is a part-time, temporary adjunct employment opportunity. The Online Associate (Adjunct) Faculty member performs duties relating to online instructi...