|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Administration and Finance|
Athens Technical College in Athens, GA seeks a full time Facilities Maintenance Specialist (Evenings). The Facilities Maintenance Specialist person is immediately responsible to the Executive Director of Facilities and is responsible for maintaining in proper working order the machinery and the electrical systems of the college.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Check HVAC and compressor systems for proper operation.
- Perform preventive maintenance on compressors, heating and air conditioning systems, electrical systems, locks, and plumbing.
- Contact contractor/vendors for major repairs on building systems.
- Fuel cars, trucks and grounds equipment.
- Assist in all relocation and major equipment installations.
- Perform minor building repairs and remodeling.
- Complete work orders as assigned.
- Opens or closes buildings and gates as required.
- Perform repairs at off-campus locations as required.
- Maintain an inventory of maintenance supplies and tools.
- Check the safety systems for proper operation.
- Change light bulbs and tubes, change ballast and replace light fixtures as required.
**The work schedule will be Monday thru Friday 4:00pm-12:30am.
Deadline to apply is November 8, 2017 at 4:30 pm.
A high school degree or GED *and* One (1) year of experience in a skilled trade (electrical, carpentry, plumbing) or building maintenance.
Two years’ work experience in a related field or a maintenance environment. Diploma or certification in related fields; knowledge of welding, HVAC, carpentry, electricity, plumbing etc.; working skill in diagnosing maintenance and repair problems, also working ability to repair facilities mechanical equipment systems.
To apply, click "Apply to This Job" and submit your cover letter, resume/vita, and three (3) professional references and unofficial transcripts. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
NOTE: Official transcripts will be required upon an offer of employment. Official copies of transcripts must be sent directly to: Athens Technical College, Attn: Human Resources, 800 U.S. Highway 29 N, Athens, GA 30601 or send electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Employment is contingent based upon successful completion of appropriate background checks.
As set forth in its student catalog, Athens Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law).
|Apply To This Job|