Science and Technology on a Mission!
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.
We have an opening for a Facility Coordinator III. You will be responsible for work control functions and support related to the safe and efficient operation of facilities operated by Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory which may include offices, industrial facilities, scientific and research laboratories, and emergency services facilities. You will perform technical and administrative duties in support of tenants, facility maintenance, construction projects, sponsor deliverables, and facility operations or similar facility support activities. This position is in the Systems Engineering & Facility Management Division (SEFMD) within the Facilities & Infrastructure Department and may require working at Site 300 in Tracy, California.
- Coordinate advanced work control functions including the planning and coordinating of manpower, facility activities, and materials/equipment acquisition support and solve complex technical problems.
- Serve as the primary point of contact between facility management, service providers, and facility tenants on day-to-day service needs for laboratory and critical services facilities. Review and clarify scope of work requests for maintenance and repair.
- Coordinate and prioritize multiple concurrent tasks associated with facility related activities of crafts, contractors, vendors, project managers, construction managers, Environment, Safety and Health (ES&H) teams, Radioactive & Hazardous Waste Management, Environmental Functional Area, and residents.
- Coordinate office personnel relocations and remodeling activities in assigned facilities. Prepare, submit, and track telephone service requests. Support implementation of access control processes.
- Conduct informal facility walkthroughs and inspections for compliance with security, ES&H policies, and good housekeeping practices. Assist in annual space utilization and storm water pollution protection surveys. Report issues to the facility manager and program personnel. Correct hazards or potential hazards when authorized to do so.
- Monitor & respond to facility alarms and emergencies during normal business hours.
- Implement established roof access processes using various communication mechanisms: verbal, written, and electronic.
- Update key plans, report new equipment installation locations and provide warranty and operation manual information on new equipment to the Documentation & Permits Group. Coordinate and schedule facility/construction activities to meet programmatic requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in a technical field, or equivalent combination of education and experience, with significant related experience in the field of facility management.
- High level knowledge of the standards, procedures and techniques related to coordination of facility management.
- Intermediate knowledge of building systems and utility systems in office, industrial, or laboratory facilities. Experience reading and interpreting construction plans, and utility drawings.
- Working knowledge of ES&H practices as they apply to office and industrial facilities.
- Experience solving complex technical problems and ability to make decisions when necessary with the assistance of established guidelines, techniques, and procedures.
- Experience and fully knowledgeable of the software applications and support systems used within facilities management.
- Advanced customer service skills and the ability to work as a team member interfacing well with others.
- Advanced communication skills, both verbal and written, sufficient to interact effectively with co-workers, tenants of facilities, upper management, other internal organizations, vendors, outside suppliers, and contractors. Experience properly setting priorities and organizing own workload.
- Significant experience with facility maintenance, construction trades, or building operations.
- Significant experience initiating and coordinating work orders; assessing maintenance and repair needs.
- High level knowledge of ES&H and Security practices as they apply to specialized and hazard ranked facilities.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position. Employees assigned to work at Site 300 may be exposed to the organism that causes San Joaquin Valley Fever (coccidioidomycosis).
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $1.8 billion, employing approximately 6,500 employees.
Site 300 is an experimental test site operated by LLNL. Situated on 7,000 acres in rural foothills approximately six miles southwest of downtown Tracy and 15 miles southeast of Livermore, Site 300 hosts approximately 200 employees with expertise in such fields as engineering, chemistry, biology, and environmental restoration.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Elevator Mechanic, Supervisor, University of Carlifornia, United States, about 11 hours ago
Requisition Number: 29644 Job Title: ELEVATOR MECHANIC, SUPERVISOR Working Title: Supervising Elevator Mechanic Salary: $30.61 - $60.53 hourly Job Type: Career Department Name: 3415-MAINTENANCE AN...
Administrative Specialist, University of Carlifornia, United States, about 10 hours ago
Requisition Number: 29621 Job Title: ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST Working Title: Access Control Systems Specialist Salary: $20.89 - $41.37 hourly Job Type: Career Department Name: 3170A-OCH - ROOMS O...
Finance Undergraduate Part Time Faculty, University of Phoenix, United States, 3 days ago
Overview The candidate who is hired for this part-time position will be required to teach at our local campus in Livermore, CA. This is not a virtual or online course. Only candidates that are a...
Facilities Mechanic, University of Carlifornia, United States, about 11 hours ago
Requisition Number: 29680 Job Title: FACILITIES MECHANIC Working Title: HK Shop- Facilities Mechanic (HVAC) Salary: $28.49 hourly Job Type: Career Department Name: 3415-MAINTENANCE AND ALTERATIONS...
Facilities Mechanic, Lead, University of Carlifornia, United States, about 11 hours ago
Requisition Number: 29681 Job Title: FACILITIES MECHANIC, LEAD Working Title: Lead Facilities Mechanic-Pools Salary: $30.61 hourly Job Type: Career Department Name: 3415-MAINTENANCE AND ALTERATION...
Food Service Manager, Assistant, Supervisor, University of Carlifornia, United States, about 11 hours ago
Requisition Number: 29639 Job Title: FOOD SERVICE MANAGER, ASSISTANT, SUPERVISOR Working Title: Assistant Food Service Manager Salary: $17.10 - $33.90 hourly Job Type: Career Department Name: 3170...