Science and Technology on a Mission!
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.
We have an opening for a Facility Coordinator III. You will be responsible for work control functions and support related to the safe and efficient operation of facilities operated by Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory which may include offices, industrial facilities, scientific and research laboratories, and emergency services facilities. You will perform technical and administrative duties in support of tenants, facility maintenance, construction projects, sponsor deliverables, and facility operations or similar facility support activities. This position is in the Systems Engineering & Facility Management Division (SEFMD) within the Facilities & Infrastructure Department and may require working at Site 300 in Tracy, California.
- Coordinate advanced work control functions including the planning and coordinating of manpower, facility activities, and materials/equipment acquisition support and solve complex technical problems.
- Serve as the primary point of contact between facility management, service providers, and facility tenants on day-to-day service needs for laboratory and critical services facilities. Review and clarify scope of work requests for maintenance and repair.
- Coordinate and prioritize multiple concurrent tasks associated with facility related activities of crafts, contractors, vendors, project managers, construction managers, Environment, Safety and Health (ES&H) teams, Radioactive & Hazardous Waste Management, Environmental Functional Area, and residents.
- Coordinate office personnel relocations and remodeling activities in assigned facilities. Prepare, submit, and track telephone service requests. Support implementation of access control processes.
- Conduct informal facility walkthroughs and inspections for compliance with security, ES&H policies, and good housekeeping practices. Assist in annual space utilization and storm water pollution protection surveys. Report issues to the facility manager and program personnel. Correct hazards or potential hazards when authorized to do so.
- Monitor & respond to facility alarms and emergencies during normal business hours.
- Implement established roof access processes using various communication mechanisms: verbal, written, and electronic.
- Update key plans, report new equipment installation locations and provide warranty and operation manual information on new equipment to the Documentation & Permits Group. Coordinate and schedule facility/construction activities to meet programmatic requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in a technical field, or equivalent combination of education and experience, with significant related experience in the field of facility management.
- High level knowledge of the standards, procedures and techniques related to coordination of facility management.
- Intermediate knowledge of building systems and utility systems in office, industrial, or laboratory facilities. Experience reading and interpreting construction plans, and utility drawings.
- Working knowledge of ES&H practices as they apply to office and industrial facilities.
- Experience solving complex technical problems and ability to make decisions when necessary with the assistance of established guidelines, techniques, and procedures.
- Experience and fully knowledgeable of the software applications and support systems used within facilities management.
- Advanced customer service skills and the ability to work as a team member interfacing well with others.
- Advanced communication skills, both verbal and written, sufficient to interact effectively with co-workers, tenants of facilities, upper management, other internal organizations, vendors, outside suppliers, and contractors. Experience properly setting priorities and organizing own workload.
- Significant experience with facility maintenance, construction trades, or building operations.
- Significant experience initiating and coordinating work orders; assessing maintenance and repair needs.
- High level knowledge of ES&H and Security practices as they apply to specialized and hazard ranked facilities.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position. Employees assigned to work at Site 300 may be exposed to the organism that causes San Joaquin Valley Fever (coccidioidomycosis).
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $1.8 billion, employing approximately 6,500 employees.
Site 300 is an experimental test site operated by LLNL. Situated on 7,000 acres in rural foothills approximately six miles southwest of downtown Tracy and 15 miles southeast of Livermore, Site 300 hosts approximately 200 employees with expertise in such fields as engineering, chemistry, biology, and environmental restoration.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Director Of Infrastructure, University of California Office of the President, United States, about 2 hours ago
Requisition Number 20190356 Working Title Director of Infrastructure Appointment Type Staff - Career Personnel Program MSP Work Hours Mon. - Fri. 8am - 5pm Percentage of Time 100 Organizational Ar...
Vice Provost, Academic Affairs, Broward College, United States, about 1 hour ago
Job Profile Summary The Vice-Provost, Academic Affairs serves as the college’s academic leader of its eight Pathways and appurtenant degree programs. This senior-level administrator works collabor...
Programmer/Analyst Iv, University of Carlifornia, United States, 1 day ago
Requisition Number: 30844 Job Title: PROGRAMMER/ANALYST IV Working Title: Development Support Engineer (DSE) Salary: $6,334 - $12,516 monthly Job Type: Career Department Name: 5400-GENERAL LIBRARY...
Instructional Designer, Holy Names University, United States, about 13 hours ago
Holy Names University invites applications for a temporary Instructional Designer. The Instructional Designer (ID) will work with the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning on the Digital ...
Instructional Designer, Holy Names University, United States, about 13 hours ago
Holy Names University invites applications for a full-time Instructional Designer. The Instructional Designer (ID) will work with the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning on the Digital ...
Sheetmetal Worker, University of Carlifornia, United States, about 2 hours ago
Requisition Number: 30959 Job Title: SHEETMETAL WORKER Working Title: Sheetmetal Worker - Career Salary: $41.23 hourly Job Type: Career Department Name: 3415-MAINTENANCE AND ALTERATIONS Department...