Extra Help Nursing Technician (CNA) - 4W Mother Baby (Posted 08/27/2021) (Job ID #150846)
4W Mother Baby
- Completes the “Core Skills Assessment” upon hire.
- Sets up patients’ rooms- adult and newborn, inpatient rooms, OBED bays
- Sets up and complies with isolation precautions
- Complies with UI Health infection control guidelines
- Introduces self to the patient and family, provides patients with admission/information pack, and provides assistance as needed
- Orients patient and family to room including explaining visiting hours, bed functions, and use of television, telephone, and call light
- Assists with patient discharge as assigned, ensuring that all patient belongings go with the patient
- Provides post-mortem care
- Other duties as assigned
- Responds to patient call lights
- Measures and records vital signs, notifies RN of any abnormalities/changes
- Measures and records weight and height
- Monitors and reinforces use of incentive spirometer, deep breathing and coughing
- Inspects patient’s skin and notifies RN of any abnormalities or changes
- Maintains fall precautions, including bed-alarms.
- Prepares patients for diagnostic and therapeutic tests as directed by the RN
- Applies simple dressings as directed by the RN
- Maintains oxygen therapy
- Safely operates patient care equipment such as SCDs, pulse oximeters, specialty beds, weighing devices, and cardiac chairs
- Empties drains and documents amount and color of drainage in the Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Performs range of motion, assists with patient mobilization (chair, transfers, turning and ROM)
- Collects and labels in front of patient various specimens including sputum, urine and stool
- Performs Point of Care testing as assigned.
- Provides care for incontinent patients promoting skin integrity and utilizing appropriate products
- Assists patients with meeting hydration and nutritional needs
- Records intake and output amounts, performs calorie counts and provides meal supplements
- Positions patient for oral intake to prevent aspiration
- Monitors and reinforces fluid restrictions.
- Performs a.m. or p.m. care, including back rubs, oral hygiene, making occupied and unoccupied beds. Prepares patient for OR, assists with bed baths, and assists patient with other activities of daily living.
- Receives assignment from RN and consults and contributes to the patient’s plan of care
- Documents patient information in EHR (vital signs, nursing care provided, intake and output)
- Reinforces patient teaching provided by nurse
- Acts as a patient / family advocate by providing comfort, assistance and information.
- Provides feedback to RN on patient care and condition as directed
- Demonstrates a commitment to UI Health values through teamwork and effective communication in an effort to achieve quality outcomes, patient safety, customer satisfaction and a clean, safe and therapeutic environment
- Other duties as assigned Professional/Leadership
High School Graduate or Equivalent.
Possession of a CNA license from an accredited institution/school/program, Illinois Department of Public Health - Healthcare Work Registry
Current AHA BLS/CPR and other required unit-specific certifications
Basic computer skills with the ability to become proficient in the EHR with on-the-job training
Excellent attendance, interpersonal skills and work history required.
Research Associate/Ph D Candidate (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, 15 days ago
As the German National Library of Science and Technology our future-oriented services ensure the infrastructural requirements for a high-quality supply of information and literature for research i...
Assistant Professor Term (Job Id: 42097), University of Louisville, United States, 4 days ago
Job ID: 42097 Location: Emergency Medicine Position Description Assistant Professor Department of Emergency Medicine University of Louisville Jewish Hospital/Jewish South The Department of Emergen...
Teaching Assistants Srs Winter 2022, McGill University, Canada, 4 days ago
Job Summary: Under the direction of the immediate supervisor and in conjunction with physicians and other health-care providers, evaluates patient’s health, provides advice, health education, well...
Dental Clinic Associate Senior (Job Id: 42124), University of Louisville, United States, 7 days ago
Job ID: 42124 Location: School of Dentistry Minimum Qualifications High school diploma or equivalent and one or more years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, trainin...
Economist/Postdoc (F/M/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 11 hours ago
To strengthen our team, we are looking for an economist (f/m/d) at the postdoc level for up to six years, starting in the next academic year, preferably earlier. How should we assess the instrumen...
Temporary Nursing Pool (Prn) (Job Id: 42248), University of Louisville, United States, about 6 hours ago
Job ID: 42248 Location: Campus Health Services Position Description Campus Health Services is in need of medical staff to provide direct patient care in our Campus Health facilities. There are se...