JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Duties):
• Provide supervision of desk staff, security staff, desk managers, security managers, and summer housing assistants
• Participate and oversee process of recruiting, interviewing and selecting student employees and student managers
• Develop, standardize and implement training curriculum for desk staff, security staff, desk managers, security managers, and summer housing assistants
• Oversee time tracking and monitoring of Federal Work Study balances of student employees
• Prepare schedules for proper desk and security coverage throughout the year
• Prepare occupancy reports for statistical analysis
• Oversee resident check in and check out process
• Oversee proper key management, inventory and distribution of room keys, loaner keys, special room keys, and other departmental keys in the area; Order replacement keys as needed
• Collect, organize, and account for room condition reports
• Provide notification to students and staff regarding room change approvals
• Assist with policy enforcement as it relates to guest visitation protocol and loaner key abuse
• Maintain good public relations with students, parents, university communities and beyond
• Represent the university to internal and external audiences
• Communicate with students and area staff regarding community issues or concerns
• Manage and monitor specialty room reservations requests
• Assist with administrative procedures regarding residence hall opening and closing
• Develop and implement policies relating to the maintenance and operation of Student Residence Halls.
• Assist in the coordination of residence hall applications, contracts, assignments, billing and reports.
• Organize supply orders and maintains inventory.
• Recommend changes in departmental policies and procedures, the development and initiation of forms, and policies and practices for office operations.
• Coordinate Summer Conferences, handling reservations, check in of guests, billing and collecting fees and assuring proper maintenance of guest rooms.
• Operate housing databases for smooth application of housing administrative processes
• Monitor and track usage of equipment. Notify appropriate staff of broken equipment when necessary.
• Monitor mail and package distribution
• Submit work orders and maintenance requests
• Provide front desk coverage as needed
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Guest Housing (if applicable)
• Communicate directly with housing staff member assigned to guest services regarding reservations to ensure a smooth check-in and checkout process for guests
• Train and supervise staff on proper customer service and working with guests
• Track and inventory keys and guest payments
Center Coordinator , Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
ABOUT UNIVERSITY Khalifa University of Science and Technology Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). ...
Coordinator, Front Desk, Arizona State University, United States, about 19 hours ago
65166BR Campus: Tempe Coordinator Job Description The Global Institute of Sustainability and Innovation (GIOSI) is seeking a Coordinator to provide administrative support for students, faculty, st...
Lecturer: Creative Writing (Online), Falmouth University, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
Lecturer: Creative Writing (Online) £33,797 - £39,152 Pro-rata Part time, Permanent, 14 hours per week.18 weeks per year covering study block one + six months preparatory work in year one, startin...
Housing Worker Lead Hand, University of Alberta, Canada, about 5 hours ago
This position offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at Faculty & Staff Benefits . Regular work hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. for five consecutive days within Monday to Sun...
Lecturer Forensic Psychology (0,5 Fte)Opens External, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Netherlands, 12 days ago
Erasmus School of Social and Behavioural Sciences The Erasmus School of Social and Behavioural Sciences (ESSB) is home to a vast diversity of scientific disciplines: public administration, pedagog...
Food & Hospitality Services Associate, McGill University, Canada, 1 day ago
Temporary position located in Faculty Club, Macdonald Campus. Position Summary: Reporting to the President, Executive Committee of the Tadja Hall Board , the position is responsible for providing...