Extension Educators provide the link between Land Grant University research and Indiana residents by creating innovative learning opportunities that address local issues. Dedicated to helping improve the quality of life for current and future residents, Educators collaborate with local, county and state agencies, partner organizations, businesses and schools to analyze needs, develop, implement and oversee vibrant and sustainable research based educational programs, and provide resources and expertise to the local community.
As the agricultural industry responds to the growing demands for food, fiber and fuel, Extension outreach is becoming more dynamic as it incorporates agriculture and natural resource based strategies into economic development plans and programs. The Agriculture and Natural Resources Educator builds partnerships with county and regional agencies, agricultural producers, landowners, agricultural organizations, homeowners, decision makers, and citizens interested in the science of agriculture. The ANR Educator serves as a key resource in agriculture and natural resources in their county, and has responsibility for developing and implementing comprehensive programming, which may include cropping systems, farm business/farm management, livestock systems, horticulture, agriculture economics, natural resource conservation and environmental stewardship.
- Work with state and local advisory committees in conducting needs assessments to identify critically important issues
- Develop effective and contemporary approaches to plan, deliver and evaluate programming
- Ensure all efforts are made to reach diverse audiences and provide equitable access to programs and facilities
- Identify, recruit and develop the volunteer leadership necessary to help carry out the mission of Purdue Extension
- Develop regular and effective communications and working relationships with colleagues, partners and stakeholders within the community
- Quantify, communicate and promote the value of Extension education to key stakeholders, partners and decision-makers
- Develop and cultivate external funding sources to enhance educational programming
- Participate in and/or lead teams to enhance the scope and reach of Extension programming
- Other responsibilities as required
Researcher In Environmental Economics, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden, 5 days ago
At the Department of Economics, research and teaching are conducted in the subjects economics and business studies. The department has master's and bachelor programs in economics, and a PhD progra...
Coordinator, Recruitment Outreach (Ua Yuma Stem), The University of Arizona, United States, about 6 hours ago
Position Details Position Information Title Coordinator, Recruitment-Outreach (UA Yuma STEM) Department CALS Career & Acad Svcs (0101) Location Outside of Tucson Position Summary This position is ...
211 0071/19 2 E Associate Professor In Agricultural Value Chains, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 5 hours ago
Associate Professor in Agricultural Value Chains Department of Food and Resource Economics Faculty of Science University of Copenhagen Department of Food and Resource Economics, Faculty of Science...
211 0071/19 2 E Associate Professor In Agricultural Value Chains, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 12 days ago
Department of Food and Resource Economics Faculty of Science University of Copenhagen Department of Food and Resource Economics, Faculty of Science, University of Copenhagen invites applications f...
Department Chair, University of Alberta, Canada, 5 days ago
All Current Full-time, tenured Faculty members of the University of Alberta are encouraged to apply. The Faculty of Agricultural, Life & Environmental Sciences invites applications for the positio...
Assistant/Associate Professor And Wgrf Chair In Cropping Systems, University of Alberta, Canada, about 17 hours ago
The Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science (AFNS) at the University of Alberta is inviting applications for a full-time tenure-track appointment at the Assistant/Associate Profes...