|Position ID:||Cornell -Food -EXTDF [#24864, WDR-00037189]|
|Position Location:||Ithaca, New York 14853, United States [map ]|
|Subject Area:||Food Science / Educational Programs|
|Salary Range:||$46,000 - $85,500|
|Appl Deadline:||2023/09/30 11:59PM (posted 2023/05/17, listed until 2023/11/17)|
Dairy Foods Extension Program
Applications are sought for an Extension Associate in Dairy Foods, Cornell University, Department of Food Science, Ithaca, New York.
Basic Functions and Responsibilities:
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Develop and administer statewide and regional outreach and educational programs, conferences and workshops including researching and preparing course curricula, training, supervising and evaluating the effectiveness of extension efforts and activities. 20%
2) Develop, administer and implement seminars, short courses, and workshops as well as on-line programs for training and updating dairy industry personnel and regulatory officials in the areas of processing, quality, safety, sanitation, laboratory technology, microbiology and regulations. 10%
3) Supply expert advice, support and consultation to the dairy industry, regulatory personnel and consumer audiences based on current needs and trends. 15%
4) Provide support to the field component of the Milk Quality Improvement Program, a dairy quality evaluation and assurance program aimed at the improvement of milk and dairy product quality and safety in New York and the Northeastern US including plant visitations, sample collection, troubleshooting, and reporting and interpreting laboratory and shelf-life analyses to dairy processors involved in the program. 25%
5) Coordinate and participate in extension activities with other state and national dairy and food quality/safety organizations, including government and institutional agencies. Take on leadership roles in regional, national, and international organizations relevant to the dairy industry (e.g., NMC, ADSA, IAFP, NCIMS) 5%
6) Develop, write, design and evaluate research-based educational materials to meet dairy foods extension and research program needs, including audio-visual training aids, printed materials, including peer-reviewed manuscripts and extension publications. 5%
7) Contribute to applied research in dairy science and technology; analyze and interpret data of such studies with the goal of publishing results in peer-reviewed journals and other appropriate media. 10%
8) Take primary responsibility to identify external funding opportunities and prepare grant and funding proposals to support dairy foods outreach and applied research projects; prepare and administer operating and program budgets. Contribute to grant and funding proposals developed by other members of the dairy foods research and extension team. 5%
9) Confer with agencies, organizations, faculty and extension personnel to identify educational needs and generate program support; develop or assist in developing and implementing appropriate programs, research projects and related activities. 5%
· Operates independently. Direction is received from Dr. Martin Wiedmann, director of the Milk Quality Improvement Program.
· Responsibility for training of program personnel involved in different dairy foods related studies.
· Master’s Degree in Microbiology or Food Science or related field, with 2 or more years of experience is necessary.
· Experience in a technical, educational and/or administrative role in dairy food or related appropriate field is necessary.
· Ability to work as part of diverse and multidisciplinary teams and willingness to embrace and drive constant change.
· Must have and maintain a valid and unrestricted NYS driver’s license and have the willingness and ability to travel both within and outside of NY State, approximately 10-20% of the time.
· Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to lift 50 lbs.
· Master’s Degree in Microbiology or Food Science, with 4 or more years of experience or a Ph.D. in related appropriate field.
· Comprehensive understanding of the dairy industry from raw milk production to processing and consumer demands and behavior.
· Expertise with modern distance-based training approaches.
Application Materials Required:
Applicants should submit a CV, statement of extension and research interests (2 pages max), contact information (names and email addresses) for 3 references and a statement of contribution to diversity, equity and inclusion via the website.
Dr. Aljosa Trmcic (firstname.lastname@example.org ), Cornell University Department of Food Sciences, Stocking Hall, Ithaca, NY 14853
Please apply via Academic Jobs Online https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/24864
Applications will be reviewed as received, continuing until a suitable applicant is identified.
College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
Cornell University is an innovative Ivy League university and a great place to work. Our inclusive community of scholars, students, and staff impart an uncommon sense of larger purpose and contribute creative ideas to further the university's mission of teaching, discovery, and engagement.
Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University’s heritage. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. We also recognize a lawful preference in employment practices for Native Americans living on or near Indian reservations.
4 H Animal Science & Agriculture Educator Norwich, Ny, Cornell University, United States, about 6 hours ago
The 4-H Animal Science and Agriculture Educator serves as a member of the 4-H Youth Development Team to assist with delivery, evaluation, planning and management of the 4-H Youth Development progr...
Sullivan Fresh Community Cupboard Program Coordinator Liberty, Ny, Cornell University, United States, about 6 hours ago
The Cornell Cooperative Extension Sullivan County's Sullivan Fresh Program Coordinator is responsible for coordinating outreach and education opportunities for the Sullivan Fresh Community Cupboar...
Cce Of Columbia & Greene Counties Taste Ny Market Manager – New Baltimore, Ny, Cornell University, United States, about 6 hours ago
Cornell Cooperative Extension (CCE) of Columbia & Greene Counties Capital Region Welcome Center Taste NY Market promotes the region's local tourism industry, rich history, food, and beverages. The...
Taste Ny Market Store Clerk Binghamton, Ny, Cornell University, United States, 16 days ago
This position will serve as the Taste NY Market Store Clerk for Cornell Cooperative Extension Association of Broome County and will work under the direction and supervision of the Taste NY Market ...
Community Food System Educator Jamestown, Ny, Cornell University, United States, about 6 hours ago
Cornell Cooperative Extension has a full-time opening for a Community Food System Educator working from the Jamestown, NY office. The Chautauqua County Food System Educator will lead the assessmen...
After School Program Administrative Assistant/Data Manager Canton, Ny, Cornell University, United States, 13 days ago
This position will serve as an Administrative Assistant for Cornell Cooperative Extension Association of St. Lawrence County and will provide support primarily for the 21st Century Community Learn...