Executive Director, Veteran Services and Community Engagement
The University of Houston–Clear Lake seeks a dynamic leader to serve as our inaugural Executive Director for Veteran Services and Community Engagement (EDVSCE). The successful candidate will serve as a visionary leader, creating new, innovative and ground-breaking initiatives and be the leading UHCL campus authority for Veterans Services initiatives throughout the UHCL campus and throughout the Clear Lake/Houston community.
- The EDVSCE will be a visionary that seeks out community partners for growth opportunities connecting Veterans and their families with professional development prospects, services, and resources in the Clear Lake area and beyond.
- Will oversee campus initiatives which assist Veterans and their families fulfill their career and professional aspirations, transition to a post-military service career and promote mental and physical well-being while working directly with University Advancement to create and leverage opportunities and resources to implement work force initiatives.
- The objective will be to create civilian opportunities for veterans and their connected families and develop programs and activities with other agencies rendering services to veterans to establish and maintain satisfactory relationships with veterans, veteran groups and government agencies.
- The EDVSCE will also develop and maintain community relationships with corporations and corporate partners, non-profit business organizations including Chamber of Commerce, NASA, Ellington Field, local and state government offices, local and regional law enforcement and local and regional military bases and facilities.
1. Master’s degree.
2. Progressive experience, leadership and supervision working with collegiate students in secondary or post-secondary education and/or of that demographic.
3. Current on annual School Certifying Official (SCO) training requirements.
4. Must be able to seek out, create relationships with existing and new community partners that will benefit campus Veterans and/or connected families
5. Must have an understanding of current state and federal Veterans' benefits
6. Must be able to communicate professionally and effectively with students, faculty and staff, as well as external constituents.
7. Must be proactive and team oriented with the ability to collaborate effectively.
8. Must be a self-starter with a start-up mentality with the ability to handle interruptions, meet deadlines, and maintain confidentiality.
9. Must be able to manage all services and programs for veteran students with minimal direction from assigned supervisor.
Commissioned Officer, Non-Commissioned officer or retired commissioned, non-commissioned officer.
Required Attachments by Candidate: Resume
Notes to Applicant:
Applications are only accepted online through the UHCL Job Opportunities website. To apply, please complete the online application and attach a letter of interest and resume. Reference letters will only be required of candidates invited for final virtual interviews. Proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. must be provided as condition of employment . The successful pass of a criminal history record check is required prior to on-campus interviews. The position will be open until filled, with priority given to applications received by December 1, 2020. Review of applications will begin immediately. UHCL reserves the right to extend the search or not fill the position. UHCL is currently a bachelors and masters granting university with select doctoral programs. Located adjacent to the NASA-Johnson Space Center, the UHCL campus is set within the scenic Armand Bayou Nature Preserve, about 30 miles from both downtown Houston and Galveston Island.
University of Houston-Clear Lake is proud to be recognized by the U.S. Department of the Interior as a member of the Minority Serving Institutions Program. UHCL is an HSI: Hispanic Serving Institution and is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer supporting workplace diversity.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
: Nov 16, 2020, 4:22:31 PM
Division Chief, Pulmonary And Sleep Medicine Internal Medicine, Mc Govern Medical School, University of Texas Health Science Center, United States, about 4 hours ago
The Department of Internal Medicine, McGovern Medical School atThe University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) is seeking an outstanding physician-scientist to serve as the Div...
Instructor , Baylor College of Medicine, United States, about 16 hours ago
Title: Instructor Division: Molecular Virology and Microbiology Schedule: Work Location: Baylor Main Campus, Houston, TX Salary Range: FLSA Status: Requisition ID: 5664 Baylor College of Medicine ...
Assistant Professor/Associate Professor, Critical Care Internal Medicine, Mc Govern Medical School, University of Texas Health Science Center, United States, about 4 hours ago
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston- McGovern Medical School seeks faculty positions at all levels for the Divisions of Critical Care, Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine. Position K...
Assistant Professor (122240) , Baylor College of Medicine, United States, about 15 hours ago
Title: Assistant Professor (122240) Division: Medicine Work Location: McNair Campus, Houston, TX Requisition ID: 5676 Baylor College of Medicine and Department Summary: Baylor (www.bcm.edu) is rec...
Principal, Career Services , Baylor College of Medicine, United States, about 18 hours ago
Title: Principal, Career Services Division: Office of Student Services/Registrar Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Work Location: Texas Medical Center, Houston, TX Salary Range: Comm...
R&D Technologist (Engineering Technologist 1/2), Los Alamos National Security, United States, about 9 hours ago
What You Will Do This position will be filled at either the Engineering Technologist 1 or 2 level, depending on the skills of the selected candidate. Additional job responsibilities (outlined belo...