EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR – STUDENT FINANCIAL SERVICES
WILBUR WRIGHT COLLEGE
Wilbur Wright College, one of the City Colleges of Chicago, seeks an Executive Director of Student Financial Services to lead the College-wide administration of federal and state financial aid, ensuring responsive and accurate policies and procedures that comply with regulatory agencies. This position ensures an exceptional customer service environment for students and prospective students.
City Colleges of Chicago believes that education is an investment that pays dividends throughout one’s lifetime. The Executive Director of Student Financial Services and the Financial Aid Office are dedicated to helping students get the assistance they may need to attend college, whether through grants, work study, scholarships and/or loans. The Executive Director of Student Financial Services works with College and District administration to strategically plan for the effective outreach, management, and compliance efforts and initiatives in order to achieve financial literacy and ensure student success. The position also works collaboratively to provide leadership, vision, and strategic direction for all financial aid operations at the College.
• Supervises financial aid staff, both union and non-union, including hiring, training, performance monitoring, disciplinary action, and development.
• Develops, facilitates, implements, and monitors financial aid, internal and external scholarships, and veteran benefits policies and procedures in a manner that is compliant with federal and state regulations and City Colleges of Chicago policies.
• Collaborates with student services offices, faculty, and College and District administration to ensure the financial aid office’s complete alignment with institutional goals. Participates in annual planning and budgeting for the financial aid office.
• Collaborates with District to ensure academic programs are appropriately evaluated and submitted for approval for federal student aid and veteran benefits. Advises academic departments on program eligibility for Title IV financial aid programs.
• Develops and oversees financial aid presentations and workshops for current and prospective students, community-based organizations, and other CCC partners. Works strategically to build and strengthen relationships between the College and the community in order to encourage enrollment and increase retention.
• Oversees the processing of institutional and external scholarships including the coordination of the College scholarship committee and review of applicant eligibility.
• Develops educational programs representing financial literacy and support services to provide internal and external stakeholders the financial capability to achieve educational goals, financial stability and long-term financial health.
• Cultivates mutually supportive relationships with various leaders in high schools, community-based organizations, and four-year institutions.
• Develops, refines, and executes strategies and processes pertaining to community outreach for financial literacy/education. Implements and improves community outreach and professional education efforts by serving as the central point of contact and executing outreach initiatives.
• Coordinates work efforts with Enrollment Management, Marketing, and other stakeholders to develop outreach and communications campaigns to increase student awareness and engagement in financial programs and services.
• Maintains a high degree of visibility and availability to students, faculty, and staff.
• Manages complex and sensitive issues with compassion and confidentiality.
• Serves on institutional and specialized committees.
• Serves as evening administrator and Saturday administrator for the College (rotating).
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Higher Education Administration, or a related field from an accredited college or university required. Master’s Degree preferred.
• Ten years of progressively responsible experience in business, financial aid, financial compliance, and community outreach, including a minimum of five years of supervisory experience.
• Expert knowledge of state and federal regulations that govern cash management, financial aid, and military and veteran educational benefits as well as resources available to ensure compliance with governmental and institutional standards.
• Proficient knowledge of software used to process financial aid and veteran benefits, including Common Origination and Disbursement (COD), National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS), Student Aid Internet Gateway (SAIG), VA Once, Go Army Portal, FAA Access to Chicago Public Schools Online, and the E-App.
• Demonstrated experience with internal and external audits, including responding to findings and developing an improvement plan and appropriate controls to prevent repeat findings.
• Demonstrated excellent supervisory, administrative, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Experience employing varying styles, approaches, skills, and techniques that reflect an understanding and acceptance of the role of culture in a diverse, multicultural learning environment and workplace.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within six (6) months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
Research Technician, The University of Chicago, United States, 2 days ago
Department ESA College Aid About the Department Reporting directly to the Executive Director of Financial Aid, the Financial Aid office at the University of Chicago provides exceptional customer s...
Director, Public Relations And Communications, The University of Chicago, United States, 17 days ago
Department BSD DIV - Administration About the Department The Biological Sciences Division (BSD) is the largest unit of the University. Established in 1930, the BSD is comprised of faculty from the...
Collegiate Scholars Program Coordinator, The University of Chicago, United States, 5 days ago
Department Civic Engagement OCE Directors About the Department The University of Chicago is one of the world's preeminent research universities committed to open, rigorous, and intense inquiry and...
Senior Associate Director, External Relations, The University of Chicago, United States, 2 days ago
Department Lab School Laboratory Schools About the Department The University of Chicago Laboratory Schools provide one of the world's most outstanding pre-collegiate educational experiences. Becau...
Financial Manager, The University of Chicago, United States, 10 days ago
Department BSD CCC - Finance About the Department The University of Chicago Comprehensive Cancer Center (UCCCC) is an integral component of the Biological Sciences Division (BSD). The BSD is the l...
Operations Manager, The University of Chicago, United States, 15 days ago
Department BSD MED - Section Administrator: Hospital Medicine Administrative Staff About the Department Our section prides itself on its strong and integrated programs in clinical care, research, ...