The new Executive Director for Operations, Administration, and Budget will be responsible for the financial, administrative, and business systems supporting the Campus Planning & Operations division. As the operations lead for the division with approximately 175 employees across seven units related to auxiliaries, campus safety, and facilities administration, the essential role of the Executive Director will be to:
- Oversee $40+ million in aggregated annual operating budgets and the $20-30 million annual capital budget
- Support the division directors through the development and/or advancement of financial, organizational, technology, and business processes
- Support the vice president with strategic planning toward the division’s mission for excellence in campus stewardship, customer service, and a culture that emphasizes both accountability and kindness
Brandeis is an R1 university located in Waltham, MA, next to the Brandeis/Roberts MBTA commuter rail station on a 250-acre residential campus with 3 million gross square feet of space in 100 buildings. Reporting to the Vice President for Campus Operations, the ideal candidate has deep experience in higher education and is a collaborator at heart with a track record of success in guiding complex planning processes with multiple stakeholders, particularly for science and housing
For full consideration, applications should include BOTH a resume and a cover letter. The cover letter is an opportunity for applicants to outline their qualifications for this position and an understanding of Brandeis’ Framework for the Future , while serving as an example of communication skills.
- Leadership. Ensures the division remains fiscally healthy, accountable, and that financial operations are conducted properly. Supports the success of units by advising division directors on organizational development, university resources, and proper accounting and business practices. Supports cross-unit collaboration through the integration of business systems and software. Leads special projects as directed by the VP for Campus Planning and Operations. Upon hire, the direct reports will initially include two staff in the Facilities Administration unit -- the Business Operations Manager and the Manager of Work Order Operations. 30 % of time.
- Business processes. Familiar with business processes and work flows throughout the division units, especially where there are intersectional opportunities for improved efficiencies, effectiveness, and customer service. Oversees all system enhancements and implementations related to business processes, including but not limited to Workday, Maximo, FMSystems, Accruent, C-cure, etc. Provides support, guidance and training to division directors and their respective staff on the application of and the division’s technology resources. Initiates periodic review and appraisal of business processes within the units in order to monitors the outcomes of business processes. Ensures that division websites are accurate, up to date, reflect best practice, and helpful to the Brandeis community. 30% of time.
- Budgets. Responsible for the strategic development, implementation and management of annual operating budgets, including spending plan analyses and regular forecasting. Develops short- and long-range plans for the division's multiple operating budgets, with input from division directors and the VP for Campus Planning and Operations. Monitors monthly spending reports, develops projections for mid-year and year-end spending, and performs continual line item review. Develops summary budget materials for Finance and university leadership. 25% of time .
- Contracts and leases. Responsible for the strategic oversight of all contracts, leases and agreements solicited and entered into for the division. Supports the division directors in the development of RFPs, bid specifications, election criteria, and proposal review processes that reflect university policy and budget compliance. Tracks the leasing terms and occupancy of approximately 35,000RSF of space leased by Brandeis from commercial property owners and the potential in the future for space leased to others by Brandeis. Knowledge of real estate market is a plus, including P3 development, lease negotiations, and private sector use of university assets. 15% of time.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in business, information technology, facilities management. Advanced degree strongly preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in the field of financial management with in-depth knowledge of budget development and management, financial planning and modeling, and technology-based business systems.
- Project management and presentation skills with demonstrated experience in managing business process/ information technology projects that support a broad range of functions
- Interpersonal skills and a collaborative nature are essential with proven ability to bring individuals and units together to develop priorities, achieve shared successes, and, when necessary, resolve problems.
- Ability to develop and foster positive working relationships with diverse constituencies both within and outside of the Campus Planning & Operations Division
- Technical skills: Strong Microsoft Office skills and familiarity with tools for data-driven business systems such as Workday, Maximo, FMSystems, Accruent, 25 Live, C-cure and graphic software
Brandeis University is committed to providing its students, faculty and staff with an environment conducive to learning and working and where all people are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, ethnicity, caste, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, including transgender identity, religion, disability, age, genetics, active military or veteran status and any other characteristics protected under applicable federal or Massachusetts law.
Assistant Professor Of Chemistry, Chemistry_MRSEC, United States, about 1 hour ago
Position ID:Brandeis -CHEM_MRSEC -ASST [#22305] Position Title: Position Type:Tenured/Tenure-track faculty Position Location:Waltham, Massachusetts 02453, United States [map ] Subject Areas: Mate...
Senior Associate Director Of Operations, University of Massachusetts Boston, United States, 1 day ago
General Summary: The Senior Associate Director of Operations will direct and manage all technical business processes and functions of the Financial Aid Services (FAS) office. The incumbent will d...
Adjunct Lecturer, Entrepreneurship Division, Babson College, United States, about 15 hours ago
The Entrepreneurship Division presently has no openings for adjunct faculty. We do accept applications from qualified applicants for adjunct faculty positions, and review these twice a year or whe...
Adjunct Lecturer, Tech, Ops & Information Management Tom, Babson College, United States, about 15 hours ago
The TOIM Division seeks adjunct faculty to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in the following areas of study: Technology and Operations Management Babson College teaches courses in many dif...
Adjunct Lecturer, Tech, Ops & Information Management It, Babson College, United States, about 15 hours ago
The TOIM Division seeks adjunct faculty to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in the following areas of study: Information Systems & Management Management of Information Systems Babson Colle...
Assistant Director, Undergraduate Admission, Bentley University, United States, about 21 hours ago
Job Description Summary The Assistant Director is responsible for executing the print and email communication strategy for the Office of Undergraduate Admission as part of a communications team th...