Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Georgetown University in Qatar (GU-Q) is seeking an experienced leader to serve as Executive Director of External Relations. Reporting to the Dean, and as member of the senior leadership team, the Executive Director will be responsible for the development and execution of GU-Q’s external relations strategy.
Georgetown University in Qatar has retained Isaacson, Miller to assist in the search for this position. Please visit their website to learn more and to apply: https://www.imsearch.com/open-searches/georgetown-university-qatar/executive-director-external-relations
Any applications submitted prior to August 6, 2023 have been shared with Isaacson, Miller and do not need to be resubmitted.
- Oversee the development and implementation of GU-Q’s external relations strategy.
- In collaboration with the Dean and senior leadership, identify, establish, and cultivate relationships with external stakeholders in order to advance GU-Q’s vision, mission, and strategic priorities.
- Lead a team of professionals responsible for managing areas of strategic importance, including alumni relations, outreach, special events, protocol, and joint partnerships.
- Proactively identify and pursue opportunities that elevate GU-Q’s visibility and reputation, both locally and globally.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop new and enhance existing externally-focused programs and initiatives.
- Contribute to the management and cultivation of relationships with stakeholders, including senior executives, government officials, community leaders, and other strategic partners.
- Act as a senior advisor to senior leadership on all matters related to external relations and stakeholder engagement.
- Work closely with Communications to develop and implement strategies that effectively promote university programs, initiatives, and strategic priorities.
- Lead the planning and execution of high-profile events, ensuring events are executed at the highest level and in compliance with institutional policies and procedures.
- Ensure all external relations events are strategically relevant, and regionally appropriate.
- Monitor, analyze, and report on the effectiveness of external relations strategies, and make adjustments for improvement, as needed.
- Serve as a spokesperson for the university, as needed.
- Remain up-to-date on industry trends and best practices, and apply relevant insights to inform organizational strategy, execution, and decision making.
- Manage and oversee the work of direct reports, including setting and reviewing performance objectives, and identifying training and development needs.
- Manage budgets for a broad range of external relations initiatives (including events, outreach campaigns, etc.).
- Other similar duties, as assigned.
- Master’s degree, Ph.D. preferred.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience; at least 5 years’ experience managing a team(s) of professionals.
- Managerial experience in external relations, preferably in the higher education sector.
- Experience leading complex initiatives with diverse stakeholders.
- Experience in communications, public relations, and/or external affairs preferred.
- Experience with event planning, marketing, and promotion preferred.
- Proven ability to interact and influence at the most senior levels of an organization and to work collaboratively across departments, levels, and functions toward shared objectives.
- Proven ability to exercise high levels of discretion and sound judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse individuals across various cultural and institutional environments.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, including editing, writing, and public speaking.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Arabic (preferred).
GU-Q’s expatriate benefits package is highly competitive and includes fully-furnished housing, a monthly transportation and home leave travel allowance, health insurance (worldwide coverage), generous private school tuition support for accompanying children, and other benefits.
Moving to a new country can be a significant endeavor and GU-Q is committed to providing comprehensive relocation support. From assistance with visa processing, housing arrangements, and transportation logistics, to campus orientation and settling-in support, GU-Q will aim to ensure a smooth transition for new employees and their families.
Qatar has become a hub for regional and global networks in international diplomacy, energy, finance, economics, media, and sports. A modern, thriving country in the heart of the Middle East with an ambitious development vision, it offers a high standard of living, with excellent facilities, modern infrastructure, and a mix of local and cosmopolitan culture. Its central location also makes it the ideal location for exploring Asian, African, and European destinations. More information can be found here .
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu ) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com .
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website .
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law .
Georgetown University offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, retirement savings, tuition assistance, work-life balance benefits, employee discounts and an array of voluntary insurance options. You can learn more about benefits and eligibility on the Department of Human Resources website .
Teaching Faculty Position In Science For All Program Open Rank, Georgetown University, United States, 5 days ago
Details Posted: 16-Sep-23 Location: Doha, Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Academic/Faculty Biological/Biomedical Sciences Internal Number: 4602886 Teaching Faculty Position in Science for...
Associate Professor / Professor In American Studies, GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY IN QATAR, Qatar, 10 days ago
11 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY IN QATAR Research Field History Philosophy Religious sciences Language sciences Literature Sociology Ethics in social science...
Associate / Assistant / Full Professor In History Of The Modern Middle East And North Africa, NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY IN QATAR, Qatar, 15 days ago
7 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY IN QATAR Research Field History Philosophy Religious sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Rese...
Associate / Assistant / Full Professor In Media Analytics, NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY IN QATAR, Qatar, 15 days ago
7 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY IN QATAR Research Field Communication sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Cou...
Academic Professional Track (Non Tenure), Instructional Assistant Professor Of Physics, TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY AT QATAR (TAMUQ), Qatar, 30 days ago
23 Aug 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY AT QATAR (TAMUQ) Research Field Physics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Qata...
Outreach Instructor For Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University, United States, about 8 hours ago
We are seeking Workshop Developer for Computer Science in our Carnegie Mellon University Qatar Campus. Opening in 2004, Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar is part of a reciprocal effort with the ...