Job TitleExecutive Director, Information Technology
AgencyTexas A&M University
DepartmentDivision of Information Technology
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents, and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values .
Who we are
The Division of Information Technology provides reliable and accessible IT services to elevate and enhance Texas A&M University. We provide IT leadership to the campus community while enabling the research, education and service mission of Texas A&M. With trusted services and innovative solutions, we are changing the technology landscape on campus. To learn more about IT at Texas A&M University visit us at: https://it.tamu.edu/
What we want
The Executive Director, Information Technology, under general direction, provides leadership for departmental functions to include planning, directing, and evaluating departmental operations. Provides oversight of business activities, strategic planning and development, and program administration. Functions as departmental liaison to customers and represents the University on various committees.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ten years of progressively responsible management experience in Information Technology.
- Must be a United States citizen, permanent resident, or a person granted asylum or refugee status
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong public speaking, organizational, leadership, and supervisory skills
- Maintains attention to detail and utilizes sound judgment
- Must be able to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others
- Ability to work cooperatively with a diverse range of people.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master's degree
- More than ten years of progressively responsible management experience in Information Technology
- Provides leadership for IT departmental functions to include planning, directing, and evaluating departmental operations.
- Provides oversight of IT business activities, strategic planning and development, and program administration.
- Leads the development of short-term and long-term IT departmental goals and objectives.
- Directs the administration of university-wide IT programs and initiatives.
- Manage strategic planning and development of integrated IT programs.
- Serves as a liaison and coordinates working relationships with academic and non-academic units of the University.
- Serves as an advisor/consultant to the University community regarding matters relating to IT department operations.
- Leads the development and oversight of IT communications, promotions, and public relations for departments.
- Stays abreast of developments in the IT field.
- Serves on various State, local, University, and System-wide committees.
Reporting and Documentation:
- Prepares the budget and provides effective budget management and oversees fiscal operations of IT departments by establishing cost controls.
- Develops, directs, and evaluates IT process for compliance and IT internal controls.
- Provides information and reporting to management.
- Recommends new departmental and University-wide policies or revisions to existing policies.
- Directly supervises and maintains responsibility for multiple units within department, including directing the efforts of and supervising management and other staff.
- Participate in training and professional development sessions. Provides other duties as assigned.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University and TAMHSC, must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
In accordance with the federal contractor vaccination mandate , specific facilities at The Texas A&M System may be considered a covered contractor workplace with covered contractor employees. Therefore, successful applicants for this position may be subject to the federal mandate to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless an approved medical or religious accommodation is in place.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Assistant Director For Web Services, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 5 hours ago
Job Title Assistant Director for Web Services Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Asst Vice Chancellor For Public Affairs Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Tex...
Instructional Design Manager, TAMHSC, United States, 20 days ago
Job Title Instructional Design Manager Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department School of Nursing Proposed Minimum Salary $4,180.50 monthly Job Location Bryan, Texas Job Type S...
Program Specialist Iii, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 5 hours ago
Job Title Program Specialist III Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Workforce Development Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Descripti...
Program Director, TAMHSC, United States, 7 days ago
Job Title Program Director Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Healthy South Texas Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff ...
Web Applications Developer Ii, TTI, United States, about 4 hours ago
Job Title Web Applications Developer II Agency Texas A&M Transportation Institute Department Communications Division (Web & Software Services) Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bry...
Program Aide, TAMHSC, United States, about 13 hours ago
Job Title Program Aide Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Environmental And Occupational Health Proposed Minimum Salary $18.30 hourly Job Location College Station, Texas ...