The Executive Director of Online and Professional Programs is a senior-level position that reports to the Vice Provost and Dean of Graduate and Professional Programs at BGSU. The Executive Director will shape the future of online and professional programs and lead the enrollment strategy for BGSU Online. To achieve this, this position will collaborate with academic leadership, faculty, and staff to create scalable, innovative, high-quality, and learner-centered programs and courses. It is an onsite position, and the successful candidate will be responsible for developing a vision for online and professional education that aligns with BGSU's mission, values, and strategic plan. Additionally, they will work with external partners to develop opportunities that meet the needs of regional corporate and public partners.
Executes a strategy for BGSU Online
• Directs the strategic agenda for adult, post-traditional, online, and professional education by undertaking a broad set of responsibilities related to the duties of the area. Provides leadership, strategic direction, oversight, and vision for the launching of and coordinating existing and new online programs. Independently makes decisions concerning a wide range of topics in all aspects of operations, keeping constituents informed as needed.
• Creates and advances the vision regarding the future of adult, non-traditional, and online education. Leads the strategic growth of online and professional programs by identifying, developing, delivering, and supporting high-demand programs in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders. Transforms programs and opportunities for non-traditional and diverse students and students seeking education online.
• Augments pedagogical approaches with emerging technologies and collaborates with Information Technology to maintain and enhance the online learning environment utilizing the learning management system (LMS) and other technology platforms. Engages in continual improvement to enhance student success.
• Ensures compliance with relevant regulations, accreditation standards, and accessibility guidelines for online education.
Oversees communication strategies and recruitment strategies
• Strategically implement effective marketing and recruitment strategies to attract and enroll prospective students in online and professional programs. Convenes, leads and monitors cross-functional committees to address and enhance enrollment. Utilizes highly impactful tactics for strategic enrollment management. Collaborates with Marketing and Brand Strategies, Enrollment Management, Graduate College, and academic colleges and departments.
• Leverages best practices and data to set enrollment goals for online and professional programs and monitors progress.
• Assesses marketing data to adjust campaigns and advertising strategies.
Administers the summer academic session
• Coordinates cross-functional meetings with stakeholders to maximize student enrollment.
• Approves summer contracts and monitors summer session financial accounts.
• Oversees data collection and analysis of summer enrollment and finances.
Employs metrics and indicators to make data-informed decisions
• Assesses and evaluates outcomes and effectiveness, key performance metrics, and strategies (e.g., course sections, retention rates, program outcome); collaborates with stakeholders to develop and track metrics such as student and employment demand; and identifies successes and areas for continuous improvement.
• Successfully utilizes market data, employment data, and student demand data to propose growth opportunities.
Steers the operation of BGSU online
• Ensures that the BGSU Online Office is adequately staffed and resourced for daily operations. Effectively supervises the efforts of full-time employees, part-time staff, graduate student employees, and undergraduate student employees.
• Manages personnel and operating budgets. Stewards the BGSU Online budget in a fiscally sound manner. Prioritizes expenses within the budget.
Other duties as assigned
The following Degree is required:
- Master’s degree required. Degree must be conferred at the time of application.
- Doctoral degree
- 5 years experience working in online education
- 3 years of supervision experience
- Experience setting and achieving enrollment and retention goals while improving student satisfaction and meeting program outcomes.
- Experience with learning management systems (LMS) and innovative educational technologies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Broad and detailed knowledge of higher education and project management principles
- Understanding of post-traditional and adult learners
- Ability to foster and maintain positive relationships with University and external constituents
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality of personnel, personal, and proprietary information, and discussions
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously within shifting priorities
- Ability to meet timely and critical deadlines
- Ability to view problems and solutions from multiple perspectives, e.g., student, faculty, administrators
- Well-developed strategic skills in higher education
- Strong professional communication, presentation, and public speaking skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to hire, train, supervise, and develop employees, including mentoring and performance coaching
- Skills with data analysis, including leveraging systems to extract information and create summary reports
- Budget management and fundraising skills
- Ability to navigate highly politicized environments
- Commitment to fostering an atmosphere of inclusion and to working with diverse student populations
- Complex project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to craft data-informed strategies and make informed decisions resulting in organizational growth.
- Track record of collaborative leadership and consensus building while working with multiple constituencies.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering an atmosphere of inclusion and to working with diverse student populations.
- Demonstrated understanding of accreditation standards, compliance requirements, and accessibility guidelines for online education.
Deadline to apply: The search committee will review applications until the position is filled; however, for best consideration, applications should be provided by ‘January 2, 2024’.
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer . We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421 or email [email protected] .
Retention And Graduation Coordinator I/Ii, Florida Gulf Coast University, United States, about 6 hours ago
Job Summary The Retention & Graduation Coordinator assists with the delivery of a year-round strategy of proactive outreach to students that promote and advance the Division of Student Success & E...
Administrative Director, Physician Assistant Program, Case Western Reserve University, United States, about 8 hours ago
POSITION OBJECTIVE The Administrative Director is responsible for managing the Physician Assistant Program in the School of Medicine, is a central position in the leadership team, and will serve a...
Admissions Systems & Communications Analyst, Florida Gulf Coast University, United States, about 6 hours ago
Job Summary The Admissions Systems & Communications Analyst oversees and executes communication campaigns within the Slate CRM system to support admissions goals. Creates and deploys communication...
Diversity Program Manager, Case Western Reserve University, United States, about 8 hours ago
POSITION OBJECTIVE The diversity program manager will assist with programs and initiatives to promote diversity, inclusion and equity across the university and create community and a sense of belo...
Student Success Counselor, Florida Gulf Coast University, United States, about 6 hours ago
Job Summary The Student Success Counselor for the U.A. Whitaker College of Engineering assists students in their academic pursuits by providing guidance in course selection, degree planning, broad...
Assistant Director, Assignments, Florida Gulf Coast University, United States, about 6 hours ago
Job Summary The Assistant Director, Assignments manages the day-to-day operations of student housing assignments, including applications, wait lists, cancellations, and room changes. Provides over...