The Executive Assistant to the Associate Lab Director (ALD), Engineering will be responsible for managing the schedule and communications of the ALD working in conjunction with the other Executive Assistants to PPPPLs Executive Management Team. Plays a critical role as a key coordinator and administrative lead for the ALD, both internal to the Directorate and Lab-wide.
The Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory is a world-class fusion energy research laboratory managed by Princeton University for the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Science. PPPL is dedicated to developing the scientific and technological knowledge base for fusion energy. The Laboratory advances the fields of fusion energy and plasma physics research to develop the scientific understanding and key innovations needed to realize fusion as an energy source for the world.
Administrative Support 60%
- Proactively maintains the ALD and Directorate’s calendar to make effective and efficient use of time.
- Provides complex, diverse, and confidential administrative support.
- Drafts original and routine correspondence for ALD’s signature.
- Manages deliverables and provides necessary reporting for the ALD and the Directorate.
- Schedules and organizes meetings, travel, conferences, and other internal activities for all members of the Directorate
- Processes the ALD’s and Directorate expense reports
- Schedules interviews
- Maintains Directorate website both internal and external
- Orders supplies and office equipment
- Organizes and maintains files
- Acts as backup to fill other Directorate needs and support research department events
- Coordinates Directorate records
Coordinates and assist in the preparation of national & international conferences. 15%
Training Coordinator for the Directorate 10%
- Assists Supervisors with the implementation of the Training & Qualification Program
- Assists individuals in training activities and coordinating participation in training events
- Accurately entering organization-specific training information into the Learning Management Systems (LMS) and/or generating organization-specific reports in LMS
- Serves as a Records Coordinator and maintaining matrices as controlled documents per PPPL Procedure GEN-023, Records Management
- Provides engineering staff with guidance on how to access the LMS, navigate the system, and complete training
Other duties as assigned 5%
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma and ideally should have 7 or more years of related high-level, executive support experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Suite products
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a high degree of professionalism, diplomacy, and tact
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong ability to multi-task and maintain flexibility
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Please be aware that the Department of Energy (DOE) prohibits DOE employees and contractors from participation in certain foreign government talent recruitment programs. All PPPL employees are required to disclose any participation in a foreign government talent recruitment program and may be required to withdraw from such programs to remain employed under the DOE Contract.
Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are, therefore, unable or limited in your ability to use or access this system, you can request a reasonable accommodation by contacting PPPL's Office of Human Resources at Onboarding@pppl.gov .
Princeton University-Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory (PPPL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Princeton University-PPPL job offers are contingent upon the candidate’s successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. Princeton University-PPPL requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, including subsequent boosters, and submit proof of vaccination status. Employees who cannot receive the vaccine because of a disability/medical contraindication or sincerely-held religious belief may request an accommodation (e.g., an exemption) to this requirement.
PPPL is a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) national laboratory managed by Princeton University. The DOE prohibits DOE employees and contractors from participation in certain foreign government talent recruitment programs. All PPPL employees are required to disclose any participation in a foreign government talent recruitment program and may be required to withdraw from such programs to remain employed under the DOE Contract.
Princeton University-PPPL is a residential community and an employer that operates continuously 24 hours a day. Essential services employees perform jobs that are necessary and required to maintain basic University operations during scheduled closures or unscheduled suspension of normal operations due to emergencies, events, or other situations. Essential services employees may be asked and/or required to perform jobs or duties that fall outside of their normal job classification during an emergency event. Learn more about our Essential Services policy .
Go to Princeton University careers site.
Cryo Em And Cryo Et Of Malaria Parasites, National Institutes of Health, United States, about 2 hours ago
Position Description: A postdoctoral position is available in the Jimah Lab to study organelle biogenesis, endocytosis, and other membrane remodeling processes in malaria and related parasites. Pr...
Clinical Assistant Professor/Internal Medicine, Rutgers University, United States, 6 days ago
Position Details Position Information Recruitment/Posting Title Clinical Assistant Professor/Internal Medicine Department Pharm-Pharmacy Practice&Admin Salary Commensurate With Experience Posting ...
Custodian, Rutgers University, United States, about 16 hours ago
Position Details Position Information Recruitment/Posting Title Custodian Job Category AFSCME Local 888 Department Athletics Events - Operations Overview The Rutgers Division of Intercollegiate At...
Energy Management Control Specialist, Rutgers University, United States, 6 days ago
Position Details Position Information Recruitment/Posting Title Energy Management Control Specialist Job Category Staff & Executive - Facilities/Environmental/Maintenance Department IPO-Facilities...
Part Time Lecturer, Rutgers University, United States, about 17 hours ago
Position Details Position Information Recruitment/Posting Title Part-time Lecturer Department SEBS-Plant Biology Salary Salary per Credit Posting Summary The Department of Plant Biology at the Sch...
Talent Development Manager, Rutgers University, United States, about 16 hours ago
Position Details Position Information Recruitment/Posting Title Talent Development Manager Job Category Staff & Executive - Human Resources Department 11042 Overview University Human Resources (UH...