Job TitleExecutive Assistant I
AgencyTexas A&M University
DepartmentHead Of Accounting
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
The Executive Assistant I is responsible for: administrative support for the head of the department; assisting with faculty promotion, hiring and award nominations. Composing correspondence for Department Head s signature and occasional administrative support for other department faculty and PhD students. Coordination of departmental special events.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three years of related administration experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of spreadsheet, presentation and word processing software programs
- Interpersonal and communication skills and ability to plan and organize effectively
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Three or more years of previous administrative and supervisory experience
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- COMPASS, Howdy, eCampus, Strong Microsoft Excel and Word experience
- Serve as personal assistant to Department Head. Provide administrative support to department faculty with class rosters; assistance with eCampus. Process and order course evaluations for all accounting courses. Order all textbooks for accounting faculty. Coordinate meetings, events and other special functions for the department. Manages electronic calendars for department conference rooms and classrooms. Maintain faculty (tenure/tenure track/non-tenure) confidential personnel files. Make travel arrangements for the department head; plan and coordinate special events for department head such as Accounting Advisory Council annual meeting and departmental holiday reception. Respond to inquiries from the Dean of Faculties and other university/system administrative offices.
- Assist with Tenure and Promotion (T&P) packets and ensure T&P recommendations are submitted in accordance with Dean of Faculties and Board of Regent guidelines; coordinate faculty (tenure/tenure track/non-tenure) annual reviews. Assembles nomination packets (AFS Award, TSCPA Educator Award, etc). for faculty/ staff/PhD students. Assists with requests to hire new faculty, ensuring that it is correct and in compliance with Dean of Faculties guidelines. Maintain faculty applications and documents received for new hire faculty positions along with tracking log. Processes various academic administrative reports for the department head, including AACSB Survey Accounting Program Questionnaire; list of Research Publications by faculty; Editorial Boards that faculty serve on; AACSB Accreditation Review.
- Log donations received for TAM Foundation accounts. Prepare draft thank you letter for department head s signature; verify that all donors received a thank you letter.
- Provide assistance to departmental Scholarship Chairperson: this includes distribution of scholarship letters; design and mailing of invitations to the annual department Scholars Recognition Banquet; preparation of program for banquet, track scholarship dinner RSVP and maintain current mailing and email list of donors. Keep department head and faculty up-to-date on university policy and procedures. Assist with maintaining current Accounting Advisory Council, and department faculty and PhD student information on Mays website. Update Accounting Faculty Directory (Hasselback); Update Graduate/Undergraduate Catalogs.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University and TAMHSC, must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Executive Assistant To The Cfo, Berklee College of Music, United States, 2 days ago
Job Description: Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President of Administration and Finance and Chief Financial Officer, the Executive Assistant provides a broad range of executive level admini...
Research Assistant Professor, Clemson University, United States, about 11 hours ago
skip to main content Already have an account? Sign In Research Assistant Professor Clemson University: College of Architecture, Arts and Humanities: School of Architecture Location Clemson, SC Ope...
Assistant Chair Of Songwriting, Berklee College of Music, United States, 2 days ago
Job Description: Berklee College of Music invites nominations and applications for the position of Assistant Chair of the Songwriting Department. Located in Boston, Massachusetts, Berklee is one o...
Administrative Associate Iv, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 7 days ago
Job Title Administrative Associate IV Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Mechanical Engineering Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Des...
Executive Assistant Ii, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 7 days ago
Job Title Executive Assistant II Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Vice Chancellor Engineering Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Des...
Postdoctoral Research Associate, TAMHSC, United States, about 23 hours ago
Job Title Postdoctoral Research Associate Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Pharmacy - Instruction Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Tex...