Job TitleExecutive Assistant I
AgencyTexas A&M Engineering
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
The Executive Assistant I, under general supervision, will provide support to the Chemical Engineering department head and faculty affairs. The Position will provide support and coordination of a variety of activities requiring independent judgment with respect to matters of significance.
- Assistant to the Department Head: (1) Provides direct support to the department head. Drafts and manages correspondence and communications, schedules appointments, manages calendar, and coordinates travel. Prepares travel arrangements and itineraries; and approves and processes travel reimbursements. (2) Assists in compiling reports, maintains records and other documents, and coordinates special events. Communicates policies, procedures, standards, and methods. Interprets policies, rules, and regulations. Responds to inquiries, resolving problems or inquiries Reviews administrative practices and programs and assists in formulating policies. (3) Makes arrangements for distinguished visitors. Serves as liaison and point of contact for the department head. Responsible for the understanding of records management and serves as the point of contact for the department’s records management.
- Assist Faculty Affairs: Manages the faculty affairs’ email by tracking incoming mail. Sends out daily/weekly reminders of incomplete task. Assist in collecting, drafting, and scheduling faculty annual evaluations. Acts as secondary backup to Chief of Staff and department admins when needed for faculty searches, P&T, awards and other duties as needed.
- Events: Plans and coordinates logistical and administrative support for events, meetings or other special functions and provides on-site support. Primary organizer and point of contact for advisory council.
- Development & Communications: Works closely with the assigned department development and communication team. Works directly with communication to maintain department website. Works with development for annual tickets.
- Other Duties: Responsible for running expense reports for purchasing /travel cards. Assist in reserving parking and conference rooms. Backup to parking and front desk. Ability to travel and work outside of normal working hours. Oversees departmental phones. Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three years of related experience.
- Experience in office administration.
- Previous Experience working within Texas A&M or higher education.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft teams, Qualtrics, and Interfolio
- Ability to learn new programs quickly
- Ability to manage multiple projects under timelines
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong people skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and attention to detail are sought
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-dimensional work environment with a high degree of professionalism, accuracy and consistency
- Ability to travel and work outside of normal working hours.
- Must be able to travel and work some evenings and weekends.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Administrative Associate To The Head Coach, Texas A&M University System, United States, 8 days ago
Job Title Administrative Associate to the Head Coach Agency Texas A&M University - Commerce Department Athletics Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Commerce, Texas Job Type Staff Jo...
Assistant Coach Men's Tennis, Texas A&M University, United States, about 22 hours ago
Job Title Assistant Coach - Men's Tennis Agency Texas A&M University Department Athletic Director Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Descri...
Lead Administrator, Texas A&M University, United States, 4 days ago
Job Title Lead Administrator Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Aerospace Engineering Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Description W...
Administrative Associate Ii, Texas A&M University System, United States, about 1 hour ago
Job Title Administrative Associate II Agency West Texas A&M University Department History Proposed Minimum Salary $15.00 hourly Job Location Canyon, Texas Job Type Staff Job Description The A&M Sy...
Program Specialist Iv, Texas A&M University, United States, 2 days ago
Job Title Program Specialist IV Agency Texas A&M Agrilife Research Department Rangeland, Wildlife & Fisheries Management Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Jo...
Administrative Associate Iii, Texas A&M University System, United States, 1 day ago
Job Title Administrative Associate III Agency Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service Department Emergency Services Training Institute Proposed Minimum Salary $18.50 hourly Job Location College St...