Harvard Medical School
Harvard Medical School (HMS) is seeking an Executive Assistant to support the administrative needs of the Executive Director of Therapeutics Translation and the Executive Director’s senior staff, as part of the Therapeutics Initiative at HMS.
The Therapeutics Initiative is creating an infrastructure to advance the School’s scientific discoveries along a translational trajectory while training the next generation of therapeutics investigators. The Initiative fosters a culture dedicated to education, innovation, collaboration, scientific discovery, translation, professional development, and service to humanity.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Therapeutics Translation, the Executive Assistant works independently performing a wide range of complex and confidential administrative and clerical support duties and supports the activities of the therapeutics initiative.
The Executive Assistant:
- Manages complex calendars of the Executive Director, scheduling numerous and competing activities in a timely and accurate fashion, negotiating frequent changes. Triages requests for meetings and ensures that appropriate meeting priorities are maintained. Prepares necessary materials in advance of meetings.
- Serves as principal administrative contact and liaison with all constituents, managing appropriate inquiries and routing others to appropriate personnel for the Therapeutics Initiative.
- Prepares documents, letters, memoranda, course materials, and presentations as needed. Prepares copy for publications, grant proposals, and/or reports. Follows up on correspondence as appropriate.
- With other members of the broader Therapeutics Initiative and research operations team, coordinates various events/dinners/retreats, including identifying venues, negotiating contracts for food, technical support, etc., preparing materials, communicating with constituents, assisting as needed with communications and/or website updates.
- Provides administrative support to the Executive Director. Coordinates meetings and events, prepares materials, and prepares minutes. Maintains a list of action items for follow-up and reminds those responsible regarding outstanding commitments.
- Uses multiple technical applications including word processing, spreadsheets, database management, graphics and presentation software, electronic calendar, email, and other applications.
- Provides administrative support (i.e., calendaring, clerical support, etc.) to the senior staff of the Executive Director as needed.
Minimum five years of related experience with proven office administration and customer service skills. Higher education may count towards years of experience.
Additional Qualifications and Skills
Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred. Experience within a relevant industry such as biological science academic department, hospital, medical school, and/or biopharmaceutical company preferred. Strong verbal and written skills, with the ability to summarize complex discussions. Ability to multitask and prioritize core activities appropriately to meet milestones. Solid working knowledge of office processes and business policy development and of related computer software and electronic communications tools. Proven interpersonal skills with experience providing complex administrative support with tact and diplomacy in a high-profile environment.
This Staff role may start as a remote position due to the COVID-19 pandemic and while restrictions are still in place. The current remote nature of this role is considered temporary and may change as the University continues to evaluate options. While we continue to monitor the evolving COVID-19 guidelines, local on-campus work may be expected for some roles. Harvard Medical School does support flexible schedules, subject to individual departments’ business needs.
Harvard requires COVID vaccination for all Harvard community members. Individuals may claim exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons. More information regarding the University’s COVID vaccination requirement, exemptions, and verification of vaccination status may be found at the University’s “COVID-19 Vaccine Information” webpage: http://www.harvard.edu/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine-information/ .
Please note that we are currently conducting a majority of interviews and onboarding remotely and virtually. We appreciate your understanding.
Harvard University offers an outstanding benefits package including:
- Time Off: 3 - 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 12.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
- Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
- Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
- Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, incredibly affordable classes directly at the Harvard Extension School, and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
- Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
- Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation, and complementary health services.
- Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events, and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent community to keep in touch and learn about future opportunities!
USA - MA - Boston
403035 Executive Assistant
55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
35 hrs. per week | Monday - Friday | 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging
We are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace culture of faculty, staff, and students with diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities, and motivations. We appreciate and leverage the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals. Harvard Medical School Mission and Community Values
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Postdoctoral Associate, Neidl (2250028950429), Boston University, United States, about 2 hours ago
Dr. Mohsan Saeed’s laboratory at Boston University’s National Emerging Infectious Diseases Laboratories (NEIDL) is seeking a highly motivated Postdoctoral Associate for a project on the interplay ...
Research Associate, Urban Harbors Institute, University of Massachusetts Boston, United States, about 22 hours ago
General Summary: Under the general supervision of the Director, the successful candidate will conduct multi-disciplinary research focused on the marine and coastal environment and port and harbor ...
Occupational Medicine Clinical Assistant, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, United States, about 3 hours ago
Information on MIT’s COVID-19 vaccination requirement can be found at the bottom of this posting. OCCUPATIONAL MEDICINE CLINICAL ASSISTANT, MIT Medical, to be responsible for the service area’s da...
Development Assistant Ii, Office Of Philanthropic Partnerships (Opp), Massachusetts Institute of Technology, United States, about 2 hours ago
Information on MIT’s COVID-19 vaccination requirement can be found at the bottom of this posting. DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT II, OFFICE OF PHILANTHROPIC PARTNERSHIPS (OPP), Resource Development,to prov...
Financial Assistant 2, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, United States, about 2 hours ago
Information on MIT’s COVID-19 vaccination requirement can be found at the bottom of this posting. FINANCIAL ASSISTANT 2, Center for Transportation & Logistics (CTL)/Supply Chain Management (SCM), ...
Technical Associate I, Love Lab, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, United States, about 2 hours ago
Information on MIT’s COVID-19 vaccination requirement can be found at the bottom of this posting. TECHNICAL ASSOCIATE I, STRAIN GENERATION AND CHARACTERIZATION, Koch Institute for Integrative Canc...