REQUIRED SKILLS KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
· Bachelor's degree and seven years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
· Demonstrated ability to develop and execute multilevel communication strategies.
· Demonstrated initiative and creativity, with the balance of characteristics needed to both conceptualize fresh, path-breaking communications ideas and build support for them across a complex institutional structure.
· Significant experience as a social science or humanities writer, editor or in public relations at a college, university, news media organization, government agency or other large, complex knowledge-based organization.
· Excellent writing and editing skills. Experience in recognizing and developing social science and humanities news and feature stories and in communicating them effectively (verbally and in writing) in appropriate styles for radio, television and print media, the web and social media.
· Experience in analyzing situations and giving sound professional judgment on news value, strategic communications, public opinion ad media relations.
· Demonstrated skill in producing engaging content for social media channels, and a proven ability to communicate with reporters on social platforms.
· Ability to work collaboratively within the university and with public agencies, universities and organizations around the country.
· Demonstrated skills in establishing and maintaining productive, credible and ethical working relationships with print and broadcast editors, writers and reporters. Ability to energetically pursue and maintain personal media contacts on a regular basis, to be responsive to requests for information, and to effectively promote campus programs and market story ideas.
· Demonstrated commitment to principles of community and diversity.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Postdoctoral Scholar, Pennsylvania State University, United States, 1 day ago
Description The Penn State Cancer Institute (PSCI) is recruiting for a Post Doc Scholar in the laboratory of Dr. Patrick Ma. The Ma Lab focuses on translational cancer research in thoracic oncolo...
Education Program Associate 3, Pennsylvania State University, United States, about 11 hours ago
Description Directed by Dr. Eugene Lengerich, the Office for Cancer Health Equity (OCHE), Penn State Cancer Institute (PSCI), is seeking a highly motivated, full-time navigator/community health ed...
Lions Gate Front Desk/Mail Room Assistant, Pennsylvania State University, United States, about 12 hours ago
Description The Lions Gate Front Desk/Mail Room Assistant position is a dual role position located in the Lions Gate Apartments student community. Successful candidates must be Penn State Abington...
Postdoctoral Researcher, Department of Mathematics, United States, 10 days ago
The Center for Computational Mathematics and Applications (CCMA) in the Department of Mathematics at The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, is seeking scholars for postdoctoral appoin...
Student Engagement Associate , Pennsylvania State University, United States, 7 days ago
Description The Pennsylvania State University – Hazleton campus is seeking applicants for a part-time Student Engagement Associate in the Office of Student Services and Engagement. Position respon...
Assistant Curator Rowan Oak, University of Mississippi, United States, about 20 hours ago
Definition of Class This position assists with operational responsibilities of the home of William Faulkner. The incumbent schedules and conducts guided tours, assists in the maintenance of ground...