REQUIRED SKILLS KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
· Bachelor's degree and seven years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
· Demonstrated ability to develop and execute multilevel communication strategies.
· Demonstrated initiative and creativity, with the balance of characteristics needed to both conceptualize fresh, path-breaking communications ideas and build support for them across a complex institutional structure.
· Significant experience as a social science or humanities writer, editor or in public relations at a college, university, news media organization, government agency or other large, complex knowledge-based organization.
· Excellent writing and editing skills. Experience in recognizing and developing social science and humanities news and feature stories and in communicating them effectively (verbally and in writing) in appropriate styles for radio, television and print media, the web and social media.
· Experience in analyzing situations and giving sound professional judgment on news value, strategic communications, public opinion ad media relations.
· Demonstrated skill in producing engaging content for social media channels, and a proven ability to communicate with reporters on social platforms.
· Ability to work collaboratively within the university and with public agencies, universities and organizations around the country.
· Demonstrated skills in establishing and maintaining productive, credible and ethical working relationships with print and broadcast editors, writers and reporters. Ability to energetically pursue and maintain personal media contacts on a regular basis, to be responsive to requests for information, and to effectively promote campus programs and market story ideas.
· Demonstrated commitment to principles of community and diversity.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Postdoctoral Associate Lefkowitz Lab, HHMI, United States, about 11 hours ago
Primary Work Address: MSRB 1, Suite 301, Research Drive, Durham, NC, 27710 Current HHMI Employees, click here to apply via your Workday account. We are currently seeking a forward-thinking, invent...
Executive Assistant, City of Hope, United States, 9 days ago
AccessHope is seeking an Executive Assistant. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their workload and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment....