Support and manage the execution of marketing/communication actions and event planning for a multi-campus, higher education institution. The successful candidate must possess diverse skill sets that allow performance as an event manager, project manager and creative writer. As event planner, this event and marketing specialist will plan and execute signature University events, including but not limited to graduations, white coat ceremonies for the Kansas City and Joplin campuses as well the annual alumni Homecoming events. Additionally, he/she will direct and supervise the University’s event planner.
As a project manager, this individual will oversee timelines and completion of work for a team of six-plus communications professionals within the University Relations department. Additionally, this successful candidate will serve as content contributor for print, web, direct mail and magazine articles; and contribute to strategic communications planning and brand development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and execute signature University events in Kansas City, MO and Joplin, MO.
- Supervise University Events planner in the development and execution of all other University-related events both on and off campus, ensuring creative themes and quality production
- Provide direction and assistance to internal constituents
- Maintain archives for signature event protocols
- Manage the timeline and projects for the University Relations department, relaying requests for projects to appropriate individuals and ensuring timely deliverables.
- Write content that is on target to meet the University strategic communications goals and objectives.
- Create, track and implement overall University Events budget
- Negotiate vendor contracts
- Cultivate and maintain vendor relationships
- Represent the University Relations department and the University favorably and in accordance with established Core Values and expectations
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed to meet the goals and objectives of the organization
- Other administrative tasks (i.e., filing, preparing documentation)
- Participate in developing department goals, objectives, and systems
- Actively participate in team and University meetings
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Four years in corporate or academic event planning and execution
- Proven track record for delivering events within or under budget
- Excellent writing capabilities with samples of effective communications written for print and digital mediums.
- Ability to provide back up support in graphic design utilizing InDesign a plus.
- Ability to succinctly and clearly articulate event instructions and direction to large groups of people
- Creative ability to concept and develop visually pleasing and effective events utilizing a cohesive “campaign” approach involving all aspects of event execution including collateral materials.
- Ability to strictly adhere to deadlines
- At ease to present and lead discussions with constituents of all levels, including senior administration
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe creative applications
- Ability to travel, nationally once or twice per year and within the state of Missouri several times per year.
Integrity - Demonstrating respect, honesty and professionalism
Compassion - Caring for students, patients, and colleagues and all humanity
Excellence- Achieving quality in all that we do
Collaboration - Working with others to recognize diverse perspectives and achieve mutual goals
Intellectual Curiosity - Pursuing personal and professional growth
Innovation - Embracing new practices to improve outcomes
Heritage - Remain true to our Midwestern values and the guiding principles of osteopathic medicine
- Physical dexterity sufficient to use hands, arms, and shoulders repetitively to operate a keyboard and other office equipment, use a telephone, access file cabinets and other items stored at various levels, including overhead
- Ability to speak and hear well enough to communicate clearly and understandably with sufficient volume to ensure an accurate exchange of information in normal conversational distance, over the telephone, and in a group setting
- Ability to continuously operate a personal computer for extended periods of time (4 or more hours)
- Mental acuity sufficient to collect and interpret data, evaluate, reason, define problems, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, make valid judgments and decisions
The essential physical and mental requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
KCU is committed to promoting an equal employment opportunity workplace. Equal opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information (GINA), physical or mental disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, ancestry, military and/or veteran status, and/or any other status protected by applicable Federal, state or local law.
Thank you for your interest in a career at KCU!
Development Manager, University of Kansas Medical Center, United States, 12 days ago
Posting Details Position Information Working Title Development Manager Classification Title Senior Coordinator Position Number J0083025 Hours Per Week 40 Department Pediatrics Campus Location Kans...
Associate Research Professor, University of Kansas, United States, 1 day ago
15578BR Social Welfare Position Overview The University of Kansas (KU) School of Social Welfare is seeking dynamic candidates for a 12 month, non-tenure track Associate Research Professor position...
Assoc Vice Chanc For Research (.50)/Tenured Faculty (.50) Internal, University of Kansas, United States, 12 days ago
15430BR Office of Research Position Overview This is an internal search available only to current, tenured faculty members at the University of Kansas - Lawrence Campus. The KU Office of Research ...
Assistant Professor, University of Kansas, United States, 1 day ago
15598BR Sociology Position Overview The Department of Sociology at the University of Kansas is seeking a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Sociology in the area of Race and Ethnicity with a prim...
Assistant Professor Of Music Education, University of Kansas, United States, 1 day ago
15425BR Music Position Overview The School of Music at the University of Kansas seeks to hire a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Music Education expected to begin August 18, 2020. The Universit...
Assistant Professor, University of Kansas, United States, 1 day ago
15616BR Pharmacology & Toxicology Position Overview The University of Kansas, School of Pharmacy seeks two Assistant Professors in Pharmacology and Toxicology for full-time, tenure-track positions...