PRMO:, established in 2001, Patient Revenue Management Organization (PRMO) is a fully integrated, centralized revenue cycle organization supporting all of Duke Health, including Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital, Duke Raleigh Hospital, the Private Diagnostic Clinic, and Duke PrimaryCare. The PRMO focuses on streamlining the revenue cycle through enhanced management of scheduling, registration, coding, HIM operations, billing, collections, cash management, and customer service. The Mission of the PRMO is delivering quality service by enhancing the patient experience, providing financial security, and preserving Duke’s reputation and mission of advancing health together. Our Vision is to be recognized as a world class innovative revenue cycle organization that values our people, patients and performance.
Revenue Cycle - Epic Training Specialist [Grand Central / Prelude]
PRMO Learning Center
Summary: The Learning Center Epic Training Specialist will focus on Duke Health Maestro Care performance improvement initiatives (in alignment with the Patient Revenue Management Organization's business needs) through the development, implementation and delivery of Epic [Duke Health Maestro Care] Revenue Cycle curricula. Candidates should have proven systems training experience as follows: needs assessment, course development, instructor-led training, self-paced/online training, blended learning methodologies, evaluation and adult learning principles.
- Deliver respective Epic [Duke Health Maestro Care] application(s)instructor-led sessions ,utilizing facilitation techniques and integrating adult learningprincip les.
- Prepare for the delivery, including preparing instructional materials, setting up activities and prepping space including A/V set up and distance learning technologies (WebEx, AudioConferencing, etc.).
- Pull class rosters and document attendance via the Learning Management System
- Assess organizational and departmental gaps/learning needs; develop formalized training plans in response, utilizing appropriate delivery method(s).
- Design and create interactive, skills-based courses developing activities using adult learning principles and integrating instructional design techniques, including facilitator/participant guides and job aides.
- Participate on project teams, committees and Maestro Care optimization work groups, utilizing the departmental consulting model; establish rapport with operational partners as SMEs in the development of instructional materials/delivery strategies to support departmental and organizational initiatives.
- Ensure understanding of workflows and incorporate into training.
- Update content and materials as necessary due to program, process, systems or delivery changes.
- Ensure that training content and materials always reflect current processes, procedures and guidelines.
- Develop and assist with testing Epic [Duke Health Maestro Care] training scripts.
Education: Work requires analytical, communications and organizational skills acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program.
Experience: Work requires three years of experience involving academic, instructional or training techniques to acquire skills necessary to plan, instruct and coordinate training and educational programs. Healthcare experience is required.
Degrees, Licensures or Certifications: Complete and maintain the respective Epic Revenue Cycle Grand Central / Prelude assessment and certification within six months of hire as a Condition of Employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, innovative problem solving skills
- Leadership, consultation and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work across multiple teams.
- Demonstrate verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple competing priorities during high stress situations.
- Knowledge and application of instructional design and adult learning principles.
- Basic knowledge, understanding, and operation of Learning Management System tools, blended learning models, and online learning technologies (E-Learning, WebEx, etc.).
- Troubleshoot A/V
Distinguishing Characteristics of this Level: Requires standing for periods of time, walking, pushing and full range of motion.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Instructor, Department of Mathematics, United States, about 13 hours ago
Position ID:Duke -Math -INSTRUCT [#16540, 1554] Position Title: Position Type:Non-regular rank faculty Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27708, United States [map ] Subject Area: Mathemati...
Research Scientist In The Baru, Social Science Research Institute, United States, about 12 hours ago
Position ID:Duke -SSRI -RSBARU072020 [#16492] Position Title: Position Type:Other Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27708, United States [map ] Subject Area: Social Sciences Appl Deadline:...
Research Scientist, Biology, United States, about 14 hours ago
Position ID:Duke -Biology -AS_RS [#16533, 1826] Position Title: Position Type:Other Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27708, United States [map ] Subject Area: Biology / Cell Biology Appl...
Faculty Physician/ Clinician Educator (Chapel Hill), University of North Carolina, United States, about 3 hours ago
Posting Information Position Type Permanent Faculty Working Title Faculty Physician/ Clinician Educator (Chapel Hill) Position Number Appointment Type Fixed Term Faculty Salary Range Dependent on ...
Research Administration Manager, University of North Carolina, United States, about 3 hours ago
Posting Information Position Type Permanent Staff (SHRA) Is this an internal only recruitment? No Position Title Business Officer - Advanced Working Title Research Administration Manager Position ...
Instructor B, Biology, United States, about 13 hours ago
Position ID:Duke -Biology -IB212 [#16489, IB212] Position Title: Position Type:Non-regular rank faculty Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27708, United States [map ] Subject Area: Microbio...