Updated: 4 months ago
Location: Humboldt, IOWA
Job Type: FullTime
Deadline: 14 Feb 2022
|Job ID: 21-104|
January 26, 2022
February 14, 2022
CSUEU (Unit 2, 5, 7, 9)
Link to Apply Online:
Campus Employment Homepage:
Position Summary: The purpose of the EH&S Coordinator position is to ensure that health and safety rules and regulations are being properly followed on campus. The EH&S Coordinator will be responsible with bringing on line programs related to the polytechnic that are established and administered in such a manner that the University remains in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances, which involves developing, implementing, and monitoring campus programs to ensure a safe workplace. This role includes Chemical Hygiene, Lab Safety, Industrial Hygiene, hazardous waste control and EH&S programs and policies. This role understands and supports the Risk Management and Safety Services mission and vision and also works with campus critical infrastructure.
40% Lab Safety Support
a. Coordinate lab safety training for campus
b. Assist with inspections of labs on campus
c. Coordinate inventory and hazardous waste needs
d. Work with stock room supervisors to ensure compliance
20% Administrative Support for EHS
a. Complete necessary regulatory reporting
Humboldt State University
b. Respond to EHS inquires via email and phone
c. Supporting scheduling of inspections or waste pickups
15% Occupational Safety Program Support
a. Assist with occupational safety trainings
b. Support ergonomic evaluations
c. Assist EHS Specialist with occupational safety programs as needed
15% Coordination of EHS projects
a. Take point on environmental health and safety initiates that the campus develops as part of the Cal Poly growth
b. Oversee EHS student employees on projects
10% Support Risk Management and Safety Services
a. Provide support when needed to the emergency operations center and it's operations
b. Assist when needed on Risk Management projects or initiatives
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Associated with this Position Include:
• Understands and Supports the RM&SS program and vision.
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse population.
• Thorough knowledge of regulatory requirements governing all aspects of EH&S.
• Ability to conduct exposure monitoring or other IH functions.
• Ability to communicate effectively in a written and oral manner including ability to make effective oral presentations to diverse audiences. For example; conduct trainings.
• Knowledge of regulatory requirements governing prevention of exposure to hazardous materials in lab setting.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds and maneuver 55-gallon drums weighing up to 400 pounds, using hand truck or drum dolly.
• Candidates must be competent in use of a PC platform computer in the Windows environment.
• Familiarity with electronic mail and Internet usage.
• Candidates must have demonstrated competency in written English including grammar and spelling.
• A valid drivers’ license and the ability to pass a DMV check and be approved to drive a state-owned vehicle.
Botanical Field Technicians: Humboldt County, Ca, Stillwater Sciences, United States, 2 months ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyStillwater SciencesLocationHumboldt County, CAJob CategoryTemporary/Seasonal PositionsSalary$18–$22 /hourSta...