Science and Technology on a Mission!
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.
We have an opening for an Environmental Analyst (EA) within the Environment, Safety & Health (ES&H) Directorate. You will provide comprehensive environmental regulatory compliance support in one or more of the following areas: surface, ground and waste water, air quality, hazardous and other regulated wastes, and National Environmental Policy Act/California Environmental Quality Act (NEPA/CEQA) regulatory compliance to LLNL programs as well as support to the Environmental Functional Area (EFA) and ES&H field Teams.
- Provide comprehensive environmental support to LLNL programs, in collaboration with senior staff members.
- Provide comprehensive technical support to ensure compliance with state and federal environmental regulations.
- Coordinate and participate in regulatory inspections, audits, and site verifications by internal and external agencies.
- Provide interpretation and guidance of moderately complex environmental regulations.
- Prepare detailed permit applications and technical regulatory reports, under limited direction of an environmental subject matter expert (SME).
- Perform data analysis including statistical analysis of environmental data; maintain spreadsheets and databases.
- Provide technical and regulatory support to other organizations within the ES&H Directorate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Physical, Chemical, Biological or Environmental Sciences, or Engineering, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
-Comprehensive knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas: air quality, water quality, aboveground and underground storage tanks, hazardous waste or NEPA/CEQA regulations, laws, and regulatory compliance.
- Experience analyzing, interpreting and assessing compliance of moderately complex environmental regulations and recommending solutions.
- Experience conducting audits and compliance inspections.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively present, explain and communicate moderately complex technical information to all levels of personnel and management.
- Demonstrated analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills to evaluate, interpret, negotiate, recommend and implement actions/solutions for moderately complex problems.
- Demonstrated effective organizational skills with detail orientation necessary to handle multiple moderately complex tasks in a demanding environment with conflicting priorities, tight and changing deadlines, and frequent interruptions while providing high-level customer service, and good follow-through.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment with a broad cross-section of people including effective interpersonal skills with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential issues with tact, discretion, and mature judgment.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $1.8 billion, employing approximately 6,500 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Plumber, Lead, University of Carlifornia, United States, about 4 hours ago
Requisition Number: 30077 Job Title: PLUMBER, LEAD Working Title: Lead Plumber Salary: $43.13 hourly Job Type: Career Department Name: 3415-MAINTENANCE AND ALTERATIONS Department Website URL: Job ...
Director, Assistant (Functional Area), University of Carlifornia, United States, about 3 hours ago
Requisition Number: 30024 Job Title: DIRECTOR, ASSISTANT (FUNCTIONAL AREA) Working Title: Assistant Director/General Manager, Fleet & Transit Operations Salary: $6,084 - $11,916 monthly Job Type: ...
Programmer/Analyst Iv, University of Carlifornia, United States, about 4 hours ago
Requisition Number: 30121 Job Title: PROGRAMMER/ANALYST IV Working Title: Development Support Engineer (DSE) Salary: $6,334 - $12,516 monthly Job Type: Career Department Name: 5400-GENERAL LIBRARY...
Principal, Science & Analytics Coastal Engineer/Scientist, American Geophysical Union, United States, about 10 hours ago
Job Duties: As a leader in property data and intelligence, CoreLogic is looking for someone that can create and effectively communicate unique property-level insights associated with current and f...
Steam Operating Engineer, University of Carlifornia, United States, about 3 hours ago
Requisition Number: 30073 Job Title: STEAM OPERATING ENGINEER Working Title: Stationary Operating Engineer Salary: $39.73 hourly Job Type: Career Department Name: 3170-ON CAMPUS HOUSING Department...
Programmer/Analyst Ii, University of Carlifornia, United States, about 3 hours ago
Requisition Number: 29946 Job Title: PROGRAMMER/ANALYST II Working Title: Desktop and Audio/Visual Support Analyst Salary: $24.81 - $48.70 hourly Job Type: Contract Department Name: 2200-RESEARCH ...