Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
Reporting to the Manager of Integration, the Enterprise Middleware Administrator II (2) assists with and supports the design and implementation processes of complex enterprise application integrations across Emory and its partners to meet Emory's strategic goals and business needs.
- Performs middleware administration for Emory middleware platforms and solutions to support enterprise-wide business needs and strategic goals.
- Provides continual active improvements for middleware services including research, planning, and implementation of service upgrades and enhancements.
- Provides daily support for customer needs and service issues to maintain middleware infrastructure functionality and to meet service level agreement expectations. Supports new integrations and applications development built on Emory's middleware platforms.
- Provides 24 x 7 on-call support to ensure application functionality and to minimize disruptions.
- Monitors the IT Service Management System to resolve customer issues and meet service expectations.
- Builds relationships with enterprise-wide customers to create clear and effective communications and to address customer needs.
- Investigates middleware and integration issues to provide resolutions and to develop root cause analyses for supporting maintenance improvements and upgrade planning.
- Interacts with Service Desk teams to minimize ticket instances, decrease ticket turnaround times and to provide ongoing training.
- Produces individual project plans to scope required levels of effort and to determine project duration and required resources.
- Interacts with project managers to provide project updates and to identify risks and issues.
- Participates with project teams to provide messaging systems applications expertise.
- Manages middleware team tasks to meet project requirements.
- Follows Emory ITIL service management processes and procedures to support middleware operations.
- Performs system monitoring to ensure system operation health to meet service level agreements.
- Responds to service performance alerts and service interruptions to restore functionality and support customers.
- Performs capacity planning and performance tuning to prevent issues and minimize service interruptions. Interacts with system and storage teams to perform back-up and recovery procedures for ensuring business continuity.
- Monitors the Service Management queue to respond to customer requests for service.
- Assists with department projects to support enterprise middleware initiatives and to meet business needs.
- Advises users on options for middleware solutions to support customer requests and meet business needs.
- Provides middleware systems policies and procedures written documentation to support and fulfill middleware team member requests.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- A bachelor's degree in IT or related field
- Two years of IT experience, OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience.
- One year of the following is strongly preferred:
NOTE: This role will be granted the opportunity to work from home regularly but must be able to commute to Emory University on a flexible weekly schedule based upon business needs. Schedule is based on agreed upon guidelines of department of work. Emory reserves the right to change remote work status with notice to employee.
The COVID-19 vaccine or an approved exemption is currently only required for individuals working in a clinical setting. For more information on the University or Hospital policies, including exemptions, please see our website.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322.
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration!
Research Scientist In High Performance Computing (Hpc), University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, 14 days ago
20 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company University of Luxembourg Research Field Computer science » Other Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Leading Researcher (R4) Established ...
Sail Shape/Bi M/01/2023, Instituto Superior de Engenharia do Porto, Portugal, 24 days ago
10 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Instituto Superior de Engenharia do Porto Department Human Resources Department Research Field Engineering » Other Researcher Profile First Stage R...
Call 12 2023 1 Embedded Systems Engineer, Centre Tecnològic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya (CTTC), Spain, 19 days ago
15 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Centre Tecnològic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya (CTTC) Research Field Technology » Telecommunications technology Computer science » Other Engin...
Manager, Career Services, University of Alberta, Canada, about 4 hours ago
While this position welcomes applications from the public, please note that preference will be given to current employees at the University of Alberta. Please indicate your internal status using t...
Server Administrator, Bellevue University, United States, 7 days ago
Primary Function: The Server Administrator’s role is to design, install, administer, and optimize company servers, applications and related components to achieve high performance of the various bu...
Senior Business Analyst, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 18 days ago
Auckland University of Technology is looking for a talented Senior Business Analyst to join our ICT Services team. As an ICT Senior Business Analyst, you will be responsible for the development an...