Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
Reporting to the Assistant Director, Commissioning/Control, this position's primary responsibility is to further enhance Emory's Sustainable Performance Program (SPP) and Existing Building Commissioning (Re-Cx) initiative.
- Requires close collaboration with the University's Commissioning Manager, Utility Engineer and Utility Technician, as well as utility central shop and zone personnel.
- Primary responsibility is overseeing projects and processes in order to achieve optimal performance of facility mechanical systems.
- Other job duties include identifying and implementing energy saving strategies, monitoring and tracking facility performance information and establishing proper operation and maintenance procedures that insure sustainable performance of buildings.
- Specific duties related to Re-Cx include managing the Re-Commissioning process, identifying and recommending projects for re-commissioning and developing scopes of work and RFP's.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- A bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and three years of experience with Commissioning or related processes or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Must have experience in trouble shooting HVAC system operation and controls. Proficient in the use of HVAC testing equipment such as a Shortridge Air-Data Meter, electrical multi-meter, stand-alone data-loggers, etc.
- Excellent written and communication skills. Must be able to use stairs and ladders to access equipment. Required to wear personal protective equipment where necessary. Some positions within this classification may require a valid Georgia driver's license and an insurable driving record.
NOTE: This role will be granted the opportunity to work from home regularly but must be able to commute to Emory University on a flexible weekly schedule based upon business needs. Schedule is based on agreed upon guidelines of department of work. Emory reserves the right to change remote work status with notice to employee.
The COVID-19 vaccine or an approved exemption is currently only required for individuals working in a clinical setting. For more information on the University or Hospital policies, including exemptions, please see our website.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322.
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration!
Systems/Infrastructure Specialist, University of Alberta, Canada, about 19 hours ago
This position is a part of the Non-Academic Staff Association (NASA). This position offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Staff Benefits . Location Work primari...
Energy Management Specialist (Building Automations And Controls Technician) – Downtown Phoenix Campus, Arizona State University, United States, 3 days ago
91635BR Campus: Downtown Phoenix Energy Management Spec Job Description Facilities Management, Downtown Phoenix campus, seeks an Energy Management Specialist (Building Automation and Controls Tech...
Heating Plant Operator Ii, University of Alberta, Canada, about 20 hours ago
While this position welcomes applications from the public, please note that preference will be given to current employees at the University of Alberta. Please indicate your internal status using t...
Stationary Engineer Sr. (Days) Tempe Campus, Arizona State University, United States, 3 days ago
91869BR Campus: Tempe Stationary Engineer Sr Job Description Facilities Management, Central Plant, seeks a Stationary Engineer Senior for the Central Plant to monitor, operate, repair and perform ...
Hvac Refrigeration Technician Lead Ke Facilities Services Tempe Campus, Arizona State University, United States, 16 days ago
91293BR Campus: Tempe HVAC Refrigeration Tech Lead Job Description Facilities Development and Management, Facilities Management, Knowledge Enterprise, seeks an HVAC Refrigeration Technician Lead a...
Maintenance Technician (Day 4 Days Work Week Available), University of Mississippi, United States, about 6 hours ago
Note for Current UM Employees Current employees must apply internally via connectU > connectu.olemiss.edu Definition of Class This position performs routine preventive plumbing, electrical, carpen...